Thread: Jim Mulliuns (WVCDL) Passed Away

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar

Jim Mulliuns (WVCDL) Passed Away

I just heard on the WVCDL Facebook page that Jim Mulliuns has died. Very sad to hear it.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Founder's Club Member
    Sorry to hear that. I didn't know the man, but I appreciated his contributions here and for the effort he's put in in my neighboring state.

Yeah it sucks. I didn't know him either but I have a good friend who was a client of his. Also he was doing great things for the 2A cause. I know he was (lead lawyer maybe?) heavily involved in the ongoing suit against Martinsburg, WV for their violation of the WV state preemptive law. He will be missed.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Jim Mullians (Past President, General Council and Legislative Committee of WVCDL) was involved in a transition/change to accommodate his health at the time of his passing. He was a man of honor and the consummate professional in his defense of the RKBA. He will be sorely missed. Rest in peace Jim.

Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-24-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Here's the obit:

http://bdtonline.com/obituaries/x277...s-M-Mullins-Jr

Very sad. A very young man, who likely would have made incalculable contributions to the progress of the RKBA cause. Big shoes to fill.

TFred

My sincere condolences to his family and to WVCDL.

I was not aware that he had recently moved to Virginia, and had no idea he might have had any health problems.

The RKBA/2A community has lost a great man. May we all strive to live up to the potential he thought we have.

stay safe.

ETA: on-line condolences may be sumitted here http://virginiafuneralhomeofgrundy.com/
    Last edited by skidmark; 08-25-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

He was a very knowledgeable and informative attorney....RIP

Thats a damn shame.
    The country and state needs more patriots like him.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

I never knew him and reside 3000 miles away, but I extend my condolences to his family.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

He leaves a big gap in my world. And now I need a new referral attorney in West Virginia. Anybody know who the good ones are out there?
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    He leaves a big gap in my world. And now I need a new referral attorney in West Virginia. Anybody know who the good ones are out there?
    What exactly does a referral attorney do?
    I know of an excellent pro-RKBA attorney in PA thats near the WV line if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    What exactly does a referral attorney do?
    I know of an excellent pro-RKBA attorney in PA thats near the WV line if that helps.
    User does not practice in WV, I believe Jim was the attorney he would refer to people seeking a WV attorney.

Does the attorney you know of practice in WV?

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post

Does the attorney you know of practice in WV?
    I dont think so, but will check.

Anyone heard anything about this guy :John H. Bryan
    http://wvcriminaldefenseattorney.wor...west-virginia/

I havent been on here for a few months, and just saw this, im sorry for his family, and he did a great work for gun rights. he will be missed.
    I am not a gun nut, nor am I a nut with a gun
    I simply rufuse to be a helpless victim, I may be unable to stop myself from being a victim but at least I wont be helpless

Sad News... RIP Jim

I have not been to this forum in meny months, but was seaking advice after an experiance today. Jim's input, and that of others as well, was what I was hoping for, alas, the input from others will have to do. Thought I did not know him personally, I recall reading lots of posts from Jim, and valued his input due to his knowlage of the legal side of things.

My condolances to his family and friends.
    Last edited by Dieselcrawler; 01-30-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    Greg

Semper Paratus -- latin, Always Prepaired

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Remembering Jim and his contributions on his birthday.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.