Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 216

Thread: Constitution Party National Convention Nominates Virgil Goode!!!

  1. #1
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964

    Exclamation Constitution Party National Convention Nominates Virgil Goode!!!

    A party and a nominee worthy of gunowners consideration. Far more pro gun than either the presumptive nominee of either the democrats or the republicans.


    Virgil's acceptance speech specifically mentions the 2nd Ammendment and the bill he introduced recognizing the right of citizens to keep and bear arms in the federal district.

    Is the Constitution party really as pro gun as the Libertarian Party? It is great to have real choices.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  2. #2
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

    Please tell me how the candidate that comes in third place by 40 points will have the wherewithal to accomplish ANY of his platform objectives?

    I'd settle for an account of any success by Ross Perot after he handed Clinton the job in 1992.

    TFred

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    A party and a nominee worthy of gunowners consideration. Far more pro gun than either the presumptive nominee of either the democrats or the republicans.


    Virgil's acceptance speech specifically mentions the 2nd Ammendment and the bill he introduced recognizing the right of citizens to keep and bear arms in the federal district.

    Is the Constitution party really as pro gun as the Libertarian Party? It is great to have real choices.
    The problem is Thundar, he doesn't have a prayer of winning and if Obama wins the whole country loses.

  4. #4
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Some of you Goode supporters might be offended at this. Maybe that will help you remember what I say.

    This whole concept is every bit as bad as the liberal gun-grabbers. They live in a perfect world of no crime or violence that exists in their minds as they wish it was. They totally ignore the reality of crime and the fact that criminals will not obey gun laws, and they will get guns and weapons no matter what society does to stop them. All of us here on the pro-RKBA side understand this.

    Third party candidates are exactly the same. They've got the best candidate in their perfect world, I will readily concede that Goode would be a much better president than either Obama or Romney, just as I would gladly concede that a world with no crime would be great, and probably not need guns. But they live in a fantasy land to believe there is any chance at all that the wonder-candidate can get elected, or that losing by 40 points does anyone any good at all.

    Back here in the real world, where our actions have consequences, every vote they cast for Goode is one more swing in the final results for Obama, and his 3rd or 4th appointment to join Sotomayor and Kagan on the Supreme Court.

    Wise up. I beg you.

    TFred

  5. #5
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    The problem is Thundar, he doesn't have a prayer of winning and if Obama wins the whole country loses.
    The problem is Peter, if either gun grabber, Obama or Romney wins the whole country loses.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  6. #6
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964
    This whole concept is every bit as bad as the conservative gun-grabbers. They live in a perfect world of no crime or violence that exists in their minds as they wish it was. They totally ignore the reality of crime and the fact that criminals will not obey gun laws, and they will get guns and weapons no matter what society does to stop them. All of us here on the pro-RKBA side understand this.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  7. #7
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Some of you Goode supporters might be offended at this. Maybe that will help you remember what I say.

    This whole concept is every bit as bad as the liberal gun-grabbers. They live in a perfect world of no crime or violence that exists in their minds as they wish it was. They totally ignore the reality of crime and the fact that criminals will not obey gun laws, and they will get guns and weapons no matter what society does to stop them. All of us here on the pro-RKBA side understand this.

    Third party candidates are exactly the same. They've got the best candidate in their perfect world, I will readily concede that Goode would be a much better president than either Obama or Romney, just as I would gladly concede that a world with no crime would be great, and probably not need guns. But they live in a fantasy land to believe there is any chance at all that the wonder-candidate can get elected, or that losing by 40 points does anyone any good at all.

    Back here in the real world, where our actions have consequences, every vote they cast for Goode is one more swing in the final results for Obama, and his 3rd or 4th appointment to join Sotomayor and Kagan on the Supreme Court.

    Wise up. I beg you.

    TFred

    Those who do not have the courage to vote for change may be offended by this.

    2 party voters perpetuate the cycle of irresponsible and ever more tyrannical government. By voting for the lesser of two evils you do not really change anything. The power of political parties does change, but only when people have the courage of their convictions. You have bought into the ultimate con game. " Don't vote for any but democrats or republicans, or you will be throwing your vote away." What a truckload of Bu11$#it!

    Whether there is a chance in this election for Virgil Goode is almost unimportant. The important fact is that more and more Americans are quitting the twin evil parties of democrats and republicans and vote for the person and/or party that provides real differences for our Republic. It is sad that some heap pejorative comments on those that take the time to consider and support real Americans, instead of political hacks.

    Obama and Romney are gun grabbers. You know this.

    Grow a backbone, I beg you.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  8. #8
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Those who do not have the courage to vote for change may be offended by this.

    2 party voters perpetuate the cycle of irresponsible and ever more tyrannical government. By voting for the lesser of two evils you do not really change anything. The power of political parties does change, but only when people have the courage of their convictions. You have bought into the ultimate con game. " Don't vote for any but democrats or republicans, or you will be throwing your vote away." What a truckload of Bu11$#it!

    Whether there is a chance in this election for Virgil Goode is almost unimportant. The important fact is that more and more Americans are quitting the twin evil parties of democrats and republicans and vote for the person and/or party that provides real differences for our Republic. It is sad that some heap pejorative comments on those that take the time to consider and support real Americans, instead of political hacks.

    Obama and Romney are gun grabbers. You know this.

    Grow a backbone, I beg you.
    Well, I will repeat the same question that I have been asking for weeks, starting on the announcement thread, and now here:

    Please tell me how Goode will accomplish anything on his wonderful platform (that I would probably support nearly 100%) after he comes in third by 40 points. You say he will make "real differences." I'm all for it. Please tell me how!

    TFred

    P.S. I'm quite flattered that you found my post so effective!

  9. #9
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Well, I will repeat the same question that I have been asking for weeks, starting on the announcement thread, and now here:

    Please tell me how Goode will accomplish anything on his wonderful platform (that I would probably support nearly 100%) after he comes in third by 40 points. You say he will make "real differences." I'm all for it. Please tell me how!

    TFred

    P.S. I'm quite flattered that you found my post so effective!
    maybe when that gun grabber Romney loses to that gun grabber Obama, the NRA will back a real gun rights candidate. I think the Libertarian is a better choice than the Constitution Party on many issues, but isn't it great that we have real choices!
    Grow a backbone and reject the two party mind game.
    live free or die,
    Thundae
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  10. #10
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    maybe when that gun grabber Romney loses to that gun grabber Obama, the NRA will back a real gun rights candidate. I think the Libertarian is a better choice than the Constitution Party on many issues, but isn't it great that we have real choices!
    Grow a backbone and reject the two party mind game.
    live free or die,
    Thundae
    Sorry. I'm called to live in the real world, where votes have consequences. I'm afraid I'm going to be too busy trying to stave off the disaster of another Obama administration. I don't have the luxury of living with my head in the sand.

    TFred

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Those who do not have the courage to vote for change may be offended by this.

    2 party voters perpetuate the cycle of irresponsible and ever more tyrannical government. By voting for the lesser of two evils you do not really change anything. The power of political parties does change, but only when people have the courage of their convictions. You have bought into the ultimate con game. " Don't vote for any but democrats or republicans, or you will be throwing your vote away." What a truckload of Bu11$#it!

    Whether there is a chance in this election for Virgil Goode is almost unimportant. The important fact is that more and more Americans are quitting the twin evil parties of democrats and republicans and vote for the person and/or party that provides real differences for our Republic. It is sad that some heap pejorative comments on those that take the time to consider and support real Americans, instead of political hacks.
    Idealism is great, but you also have to face reality.

    No third party can win the White House without first gaining significant levels of local support. Tell me, how many members of Congress have ever been elected from the Constitution Party? The closest they've come yet was in the special election in New York, where the Republican establishment threw their support behind the Constitution candidate. How about the Libertarian Party? How many members of Congress have been elected from the Libertarian Party? Some people claim Ron Paul (because he was the 1988 Libertarian candidate for President), but he has consistently run in his district as a Republican.

    Even if, by some miracle, a third party candidate won the White House, how would they enact any of their platform without control of Congress? If you look at the last several years, you can see how hard it is for one of the two major parties to enact their platforms even with control of both the White House and the Congress.If you think things are at a stalemate right now, try to imagine a three-way split (House - Republicans, Senate - Democrats, White House - Constitution or Libertarians). It would be complete and total gridlock!

    Why should I vote for a candidate that I might agree with 95%, but who if he won wouldn't be able to get anything done because he lacks support in Congress, when I can vote for a candidate that I agree with 75% and who could actually get most of that 75% done?

    If you want your third party preference to be successful, then you need to start more on the local level. Focus on winning a few districts in the House. From there, aim for a few Senate seats that might be competitive. (I bet you a serious third-party challenger in Missouri would have a shot right now, with both McCaskill and Akin so heavily disliked.) You can't win the presidency without first building the support. The way you build that support is by starting local and building upward from there.
    Alma 43:47 - "And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed...."
    Self defense isn't just a good idea, it's a commandment.

  12. #12
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    The problem is Peter, if either gun grabber, Obama or Romney wins the whole country loses.
    Not exactly. Obama knew that in his first term, he had to tread lightly on gun issues because he didn't want to awaken that sleeping giant any more than he already had. Romney's hands will be chained as well since the majority of gun owners are going to vote for him and he knows he had better tow the line once he gets in.

    The fact is, one of these men is going to be the next president. It isn't going to be Goode or any one else.... it's going to be Obama or Romney. TFred pointed these facts out in his text beautifully. A vote for ANY other third+ party is going to be a vote for Obama and that is a simple fact. And the gun issue is not the most important issue in this election. What is important is the fundamental differences between capitalism and a republican form of government and socialism and a Marxist form of government. It really comes down to that.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 08-25-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  13. #13
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Not exactly. Obama knew that in his first term, he had to tread lightly on gun issues because he didn't want to awaken that sleeping giant any more than he already had. Romney's hands will be chained as well since the majority of gun owners are going to vote for him and he knows he had better tow the line once he gets in.

    The fact is, one of these men is going to be the next president. It isn't going to be Goode or any one else.... it's going to be Obama or Romney. TFred pointed these facts out in his text beautifully. A vote for ANY other third+ party is going to be a vote for Obama and that is a simple fact. And the gun issue is not the most important issue in this election. What is important is the fundamental differences between capitalism and a republican form of government and socialism and a Marxist form of government. It really comes down to that.
    1. Mz. Stein, the Gren Party nominee will take votes mainly from Obama,not Romney.

    2. Breaking out of the 2 party stranglehold is more important to our Republic than the outcome of the chief executive race.

    3. republicans will keep control of the congress, so the ability of Obama to destroy the constitution is limited,

    4. The biggest threat to our liberties is the Patriot Act, which both Obama and Romney support,

    5. Romney is a gun grabber.

    6. Nothing is more important than guns.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  14. #14
    Activist Member nuc65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,121
    Isn't there another candidate? Gary Johnson? I agree that it is not proven that sticking to the two-party voting will give one or the other candidate any more or less in the way of votes.

    If the argument that you cannot vote for who you support because of this, then why vote at all? Does a vote count for nothing?

    I say vote your conscious, you don't control anything except that.

    I supported Ron Paul over any other candidate but I can't vote for him so maybe I'll vote somewhere else but probably not for Romney and def not for Obama. I feel that if it is ever proven that he is not an American (natural born) then he as well as congress should be tried for treasonous acts against the constitution. Congress has turned a deliberately blind eye to his antics and they deserve to be tried next to him....

    Oh, well nothing to do with OC except to try to protect the 2nd A.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

    excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

  15. #15
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964
    Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    Isn't there another candidate? Gary Johnson? I agree that it is not proven that sticking to the two-party voting will give one or the other candidate any more or less in the way of votes.

    If the argument that you cannot vote for who you support because of this, then why vote at all? Does a vote count for nothing?

    I say vote your conscious, you don't control anything except that.

    I supported Ron Paul over any other candidate but I can't vote for him so maybe I'll vote somewhere else but probably not for Romney and def not for Obama. I feel that if it is ever proven that he is not an American (natural born) then he as well as congress should be tried for treasonous acts against the constitution. Congress has turned a deliberately blind eye to his antics and they deserve to be tried next to him....

    Oh, well nothing to do with OC except to try to protect the 2nd A.
    I like Gary Johnson. When I write about choice, that is who I am speaking about.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    150
    The constitution Party may be good on the Second Amendment. I'm not sure how they can call themselves the "Constitution Party" when they completely disregard the First:

    The Constitution Party gratefully acknowledges the blessing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of these United States. We hereby appeal to Him for mercy, aid, comfort, guidance and the protection of His Providence as we work to restore and preserve these United States.

    This great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been and are afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.

    -- Constitution Party Platform, first two paragraphs of Preamble http://www.constitutionparty.com/par...m.php#Preamble

  17. #17
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    1. Mz. Stein, the Gren Party nominee will take votes mainly from Obama,not Romney.

    2. Breaking out of the 2 party stranglehold is more important to our Republic than the outcome of the chief executive race.

    3. republicans will keep control of the congress, so the ability of Obama to destroy the constitution is limited,

    4. The biggest threat to our liberties is the Patriot Act, which both Obama and Romney support,

    5. Romney is a gun grabber.

    6. Nothing is more important than guns.
    Understand, I am not saying that I am completely enthralled with Romney. The sad thing in most presidential elections is that we wind up with a choice of the lesser of two evils. This is a fact of life and it is unfortunate. I am a constitutionalist and would love to see the Constitutional Party become a force with which to be reckoned by the other two main parties. But the fact is, this is not the case at the present time.

    As to "Nothing is more important that guns" in this election we will have to disagree. I see this particular election as a clear and distinct void between what our nation was founded upon and what certain elements would like it to become, to be changed into, and to do away with that which our Founders saw as our posterity. Firearms issues are part of this picture for sure. But the guts of the matter is turning a free, market-drive society into a socialist/Marxist command economy. That.... is what worries me the most.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Breaking out of the 2 party stranglehold is more important to our Republic than the outcome of the chief executive race.
    How does supporting a candidate who has no possible chance of winning break out of the "2 party stranglehold"?

    As I said, if you want to create a viable third party, you need to start local, not national. When the Republican Party formed in 1854, they only got one person elected to Congress that year. Two years later (1856), they had 105 Representatives (compared to 116 Democrats). In 1858, they took control of the House. In 1860, they won the Presidency.

    If they had tried to win the Presidency without taking Congress, they would never have gotten off the ground.

    If you really want either the Constitution or the Libertarian Party to win the Presidency, then you have to do more than just run a candidate every 4 years. Start focusing on winning individual House races. If you win enough of them, then you can become the swing vote and therefore control the agenda. From there, you can build the national support that you need to actually win the Presidency. Any other approach is doomed to failure, no matter how right you feel your cause it.
    Last edited by grylnsmn; 08-25-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    Alma 43:47 - "And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed...."
    Self defense isn't just a good idea, it's a commandment.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Understand, I am not saying that I am completely enthralled with Romney. The sad thing in most presidential elections is that we wind up with a choice of the lesser of two evils. This is a fact of life and it is unfortunate. I am a constitutionalist and would love to see the Constitutional Party become a force with which to be reckoned by the other two main parties. But the fact is, this is not the case at the present time.
    It is only a choice between the lesser of 2 evils because you accept the 2 party theory as a fact of life. If people reject both gun grabbers, then better candidates and parties can flourish.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  20. #20
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964
    Quote Originally Posted by grylnsmn View Post
    How does supporting a candidate who has no possible chance of winning break out of the "2 party stranglehold"?

    As I said, if you want to create a viable third party, you need to start local, not national. When the Republican Party formed in 1854, they only got one person elected to Congress that year. Two years later (1856), they had 105 Representatives (compared to 116 Democrats). In 1858, they took control of the House. In 1860, they won the Presidency.

    If they had tried to win the Presidency without taking Congress, they would never have gotten off the ground.

    If you really want either the Constitution or the Libertarian Party to win the Presidency, then you have to do more than just run a candidate every 4 years. Start focusing on winning individual House races. If you win enough of them, then you can become the swing vote and therefore control the agenda. From there, you can build the national support that you need to actually win the Presidency. Any other approach is doomed to failure, no matter how right you feel your cause it.
    The Libertarian Party has many people on the ticket of every election, and they do not just run every four years. there are many libertarians in office at the local and state level in various parts of the country. The constitution party is less of a force.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  21. #21
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Wise up. I beg you.
    TFred
    Ah yes the lesser of two evils... Some of us cannot afford to play politics TFred. Like myself. I have 10 yo man at home that I have to teach right and wrong. Your pathetic excuses of why you are going to vote an admitted evil person into office will not work for my son. In our house we teach right and wrong and no amount of republican hot air you blow would convince me that the right person to lead us is Obamney.

    You've been suckered into keeping the federal government obese and cruel all because your afraid to vote for someone who can't win. Why don't all you people who are afraid of betting on the underdog who YOU THINK is the better choice grow a pair and stand up for what's right!!
    Last edited by twoskinsonemanns; 08-25-2012 at 12:54 PM.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  22. #22
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Ah yes the lesser of two evils... Some of us cannot afford to play politics TFred. Like myself. I have 10 yo man at home that I have to teach right and wrong. Your pathetic excuses of why you are going to vote an admitted evil person into office will not work for my son. In our house we teach right and wrong and no amount of republican hot air you blow would convince me that the right person to lead us is Obamney.

    You've been suckered into keeping the federal government obese and cruel all because your afraid to vote for someone who can't win. Why don't all you people who are afraid of betting on the underdog who YOU THINK is the better choice grow a pair and stand up for what's right!!
    Be careful there. We can agree to disagree, but I will take very great offense if you get any closer to the line of calling my personal morals into question. You are obviously free to teach your son your values, and I will support your right to do that, but stay away from judging what motivates anyone other than yourself. There is no room for that in this discussion.

    I don't recall ever saying that Romney is an evil person. No human candidate is perfect, by definition, every election requires choosing the candidate with the least of the undesirable positions.

    grylnsmn sums it up quite nicely: "Why should I vote for a candidate that I might agree with 95%, but who if he won wouldn't be able to get anything done because he lacks support in Congress, when I can vote for a candidate that I agree with 75% and who could actually get most of that 75% done?"

    This country was founded on people who got things done. Not by people who sat back and waited until the world was perfect before they left the house. If you want to accomplish your goals, you have to get your foot in the door. Voting for and working with third party candidates ensures you will stay on the outside forever.

    TFred

    ETA: Thinking some more...I' not much of a Darwinist... but your way of thinking ensures the extinction of your political species... if third party candidates teach their children to support third party candidates, that's the surest way to ensure none of their issues ever get accomplished.
    Last edited by TFred; 08-25-2012 at 01:16 PM.

  23. #23
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    t I will take very great offense if you get any closer to the line of calling my personal morals into question
    Noted . But this is a question of morals for me. I take great offense to people who compromise theirs to play into party politics, then liken those who choose right over wrong against tough odds to gun-grabbing liberals who don't live in the real world.

    Some times doing the right thing isn't popular especially with those who have already sold out.

    BTW you were the one that said it was a game of the lesser of two evils, I just assumed you were talking about Romney and Obama.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  24. #24
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Noted . But this is a question of morals for me. I take great offense to people who compromise theirs to play into party politics, then liken those who choose right over wrong against tough odds to gun-grabbing liberals who don't live in the real world.

    Some times doing the right thing isn't popular especially with those who have already sold out.

    BTW you were the one that said it was a game of the lesser of two evils, I just assumed you were talking about Romney and Obama.
    It's a metaphor. Use of the phrase does not necessarily imply that the user believes that both choices are literally "evil."

    Romney has some dings on his record with guns. This is fact. But if you honestly think that Obama and Romney would enter office with the exact same goals in mind with regard to guns in the possession of the law-abiding citizen, then you are beyond reasoning, and we are all just wasting our time talking here. Such a notion is utterly ridiculous, especially considering that Obama would be in his second term and would face no repercussions whatsoever. The fact that Romney would be seeking reelection in 4 more years is all by itself enough to push him ahead of Obama for someone who wants to keep Government in check. Even if we assumed that they were equally evil, Romney would be more restrained during a first term just like Obama has been during his.

    TFred

  25. #25
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    But this is a question of morals for me.
    One additional thought... MT 7:16 gives us: "By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"*

    Back to grylnsmn's thought... who yields the better fruit? The third party candidate who wants to do great but in the end does nothing because he can't win a seat of power? Or the "lesser of two evil" candidates, who actually accomplishes 75% of a platform we all endorse?

    TFred

    NIV (1984)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •