Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIR PLUS SUPPLY is not gun friendly

SIR PLUS SUPPLY is not gun friendly

Went there a little over a week ago to get a few camping supplies and noticed a 8.5X11 sheet of note book paper on the door. It said something to the effect of "Leave your gun in the car." I tried to take a picture but the light from the sun blurred it. I added them to the friendorfoe site. I won't be back.

This is a military surplus and camping supply store in Woodinville.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Re: SIR PLUS SUPPLY is not gun friendly

. I was laughing at that post just a minute ago on that site. A military surplus store that bans lmao.

Carry on
    Last edited by tjkruck; 08-24-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Federal Army/Navy in downtown Seattle is very OC friendly. Used to shop in there a lot both OC and CC. Once while CC (because weather was crappy and I wore my big coat) I wanted to try something on and was worried about taking off my coat. The sales person I was working with was like, "whatever, who cares, just take the coat off". I think he thought it funny that I was concerned about offending other customers.

Quote Originally Posted by sirpuma View Post
    Federal Army/Navy in downtown Seattle is very OC friendly. Used to shop in there a lot both OC and CC. Once while CC (because weather was crappy and I wore my big coat) I wanted to try something on and was worried about taking off my coat. The sales person I was working with was like, "whatever, who cares, just take the coat off". I think he thought it funny that I was concerned about offending other customers.
    This is true, Deros and I often go to the Federal Army/Navy downtown to look around.

One can only take offense, you can not give offense.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by tjkruck View Post
    . I was laughing at that post just a minute ago on that site. A military surplus store that bans lmao.

Carry on
    The "Fox Hole" in Tillicum set this as policy as well some time back. It turns out someone came in and without asking tried to fit a firearm in a holster. They wound up discharging a round near the cashier. That ended gun carry in the store for a while.

They finally eased up and adopted a policy like Cabelas & Wholesale Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    It turns out someone came in and without asking tried to fit a firearm in a holster. They wound up discharging a round near the cashier. That ended gun carry in the store for a while.
    At least until the smell the scared cashier left in the place cleared out
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post

They finally eased up and adopted a policy like Cabelas & Wholesale Sports.
    Cabelas in my state I have had many problems, I got stopped by the greeter a couple times and was told to cover it up. I stated that man mn and cabelas allows OC w/permit. He stated that it scares people and he doesn't like that I openly displayed my firearm , I sent a letter to corporate and got an apology letter and they contacted the store. Haven't had that problem again. I have heard that others have had this problem and have since stopped shopping there as have I... the YouTube videos on this cabelas topic is funny tho.

Carry on

They sent a response.

"Sorry to see you are upset at my exercising my constitutional right to prohibit open carry on my private property. But the sign is not "hand written" and not allowing open carry on private property is not tantamount to not supporting 2nd amendment rights.

--
    Regards,

Rande
    Sir Plus Army Navy
    Woodinville, WA
    425-483-1761"
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    They sent a response.

"Sorry to see you are upset at my exercising my constitutional right to prohibit open carry on my private property. But the sign is not "hand written" and not allowing open carry on private property is not tantamount to not supporting 2nd amendment rights.

--
    Regards,

Rande
    Sir Plus Army Navy
    Woodinville, WA
    425-483-1761"
    Anyone else felt a slap to the face ^^^

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    One can only take offense, you can not give offense.
    Rude behavior is rude. The fact that some people aren't doormats doesn't make them at fault for your rudeness.

Quote Originally Posted by tjkruck View Post
    Anyone else felt a slap to the face ^^^

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

No, all I see is a private property owner exercising HIS rights. Just remember, the 2A is ONLY a limitation on Government, not private citizens.

Don't care for his "attitude", don't shop there. He's not violating your rights in any way at all.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    No, all I see is a private property owner exercising HIS rights. Just remember, the 2A is ONLY a limitation on Government, not private citizens.

Don't care for his "attitude", don't shop there. He's not violating your rights in any way at all.
    This.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ 911 View Post
    This.
    +1

SIR PLUS SUPPLY is not gun friendly

Went there a little over a week ago to get a few camping supplies and noticed a 8.5X11 sheet of note book paper on the door. It said something to the effect of "Leave your gun in the car." I tried to take a picture but the light from the sun blurred it. I added them to the friendorfoe site. I won't be back.

This is a military surplus and camping supply store in Woodinville.
    Those not driving I guess can carry inside as they have no car to leave it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    +1
    +1 +1

Sent by Droid

I was in there last fall just checking it out. You're not missing much...prices aren't great, selection isn't great. I figured they just had bad customer service skills when they wouldn't give me the time of day. Maybe I'm the guy who made them want to put up a sign. Who knows. lol We didn't lose anything of substance, that's for sure.

Mr. Stark

As far as The Foxhole Adopting same policy as Cabelas. How did you learn of said policy change? Earlier this year after being kicked out of The Foxhole i talked with the manager. The owner was standing next to her but was too much coward to get on the phone himself. I was told no OC but CC was allowed . She specificaly said "With all the soldiers shooting up places they were worrried about them" Needless to say i haven't been back. Looks i need to make a trip to Seattle and check out Federal Army/Navy. Thanks for the heads up GoGo.
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

I should have clarified a little better. The slap I was referring to was the attitude

Carry on

Wow. The sign is bad enough, but the attitude in that reply really stinks.
    If the local gun community becomes aware of it, it's likely his sales will suffer.
    If people call or write to complain [would you please post his email] it might happen faster & he'll change his mind.

We have a gun store here in the Milwaukee (MKE) area which (for at least 3 years) had been turning over info on ALL its customers (purchasers & range users) to the local PD, which then ran them for restrictions (felonies, DV, restraining orders). Of something like 25,000 there were 47 "referred to detectives for further investigation" and something like 3 of those who were actually prohibited people.
    (For those reaching for a calculator, that's 0.012% - twelve one-thousandths of one percent.)

When this scheme was published in the local paper, the reaction of customers was swift, negative, very public, & overwhelming. Despite a couple days of initial digging in his heels & saying he'd done nothing wrong, the owner eventually said he'd stop.
    (Whether people believe him or not is up to them.)
    I don't think there will ever be an apology, from the store or police, but the public got the problem corrected.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 08-26-2012 at 10:25 AM.

My firearm is my private property. My ownership of that property does not change depending on the ownership of the surface I am standing on. The 2nd amendment does not apply to private citizens, because they lack the power to interfere with the rights of a fellow citizen.

sirplus4u@gmail.com
    Rande
    Sir Plus Army Navy
    Woodinville, WA
    425-483-1761

I have a very long dialog with him and he is firm. No open carry. Former military.
    WA Guns

sirplus4u@gmail.com
    Rande
    Sir Plus Army Navy
    Woodinville, WA
    425-483-1761

I have a very long dialog with him and he is firm. No open carry. Former military.
    And this is his right to do so. His business, his rules!

Sent by Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

Sent by Droid
    Yep. It is completely his choice. Just like Mary's Pistols in Tacoma. They have a sign in the window that states:

No Sagging Pants.

Never hear anyone complain about that. As stated before, if you don't like it then spend your money somewhere else.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

Sent by Droid
    Agreed. And I only spent money in his store to support a local business. I let him know I will be spending it on the internet as his store was high priced.
    WA Guns

yep, give him the 'no guns = no money' card and spend your $$ elsewhere. I think I will send him an email and voice my opinion also.

I have not tried the Cabela's here off exit 111, I-5 yet but Lacey wholesale sports was perfectly fine with OC last couple times I went in there.

As for the Foxhole, the comment 'with all the soldiers shooting up places' makes me want to puke. I'm active duty and feel like my hands are tied with not being allowed to carry on Fort Lewis, OC or CC; to imply that soldiers (or any demographic for that matter) shoots up places is just wrong and completely ignorant.

If anything, any establishment should feel safer with more folks carrying firearms, more firepower against criminals in the event of a robbery or whatever. Putting around through the floor trying on a holster is just a huge lack of training on that guy's part, and should not create a new rule. Hey, someone got a DUI yesterday, let's ban alcohol and cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast