• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SIR PLUS SUPPLY is not gun friendly

badkarma

Went there a little over a week ago to get a few camping supplies and noticed a 8.5X11 sheet of note book paper on the door. It said something to the effect of "Leave your gun in the car." I tried to take a picture but the light from the sun blurred it. I added them to the friendorfoe site. I won't be back.

This is a military surplus and camping supply store in Woodinville.

sirpuma

Federal Army/Navy in downtown Seattle is very OC friendly. Used to shop in there a lot both OC and CC. Once while CC (because weather was crappy and I wore my big coat) I wanted to try something on and was worried about taking off my coat. The sales person I was working with was like, "whatever, who cares, just take the coat off". I think he thought it funny that I was concerned about offending other customers.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Federal Army/Navy in downtown Seattle is very OC friendly. Used to shop in there a lot both OC and CC. Once while CC (because weather was crappy and I wore my big coat) I wanted to try something on and was worried about taking off my coat. The sales person I was working with was like, "whatever, who cares, just take the coat off". I think he thought it funny that I was concerned about offending other customers.

This is true, Deros and I often go to the Federal Army/Navy downtown to look around.

One can only take offense, you can not give offense.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
. I was laughing at that post just a minute ago on that site. A military surplus store that bans lmao.

Carry on

The "Fox Hole" in Tillicum set this as policy as well some time back. It turns out someone came in and without asking tried to fit a firearm in a holster. They wound up discharging a round near the cashier. That ended gun carry in the store for a while.

They finally eased up and adopted a policy like Cabelas & Wholesale Sports.

tjkruck

They finally eased up and adopted a policy like Cabelas & Wholesale Sports.

Cabelas in my state I have had many problems, I got stopped by the greeter a couple times and was told to cover it up. I stated that man mn and cabelas allows OC w/permit. He stated that it scares people and he doesn't like that I openly displayed my firearm , I sent a letter to corporate and got an apology letter and they contacted the store. Haven't had that problem again. I have heard that others have had this problem and have since stopped shopping there as have I... the YouTube videos on this cabelas topic is funny tho.

Carry on

badkarma

They sent a response.

"Sorry to see you are upset at my exercising my constitutional right to prohibit open carry on my private property. But the sign is not "hand written" and not allowing open carry on private property is not tantamount to not supporting 2nd amendment rights.

--
Regards,

Rande
Sir Plus Army Navy
Woodinville, WA
425-483-1761"

tjkruck

They sent a response.

"Sorry to see you are upset at my exercising my constitutional right to prohibit open carry on my private property. But the sign is not "hand written" and not allowing open carry on private property is not tantamount to not supporting 2nd amendment rights.

--
Regards,

Rande
Sir Plus Army Navy
Woodinville, WA
425-483-1761"

Anyone else felt a slap to the face ^^^

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

amlevin

Anyone else felt a slap to the face ^^^

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

No, all I see is a private property owner exercising HIS rights. Just remember, the 2A is ONLY a limitation on Government, not private citizens.

Don't care for his "attitude", don't shop there. He's not violating your rights in any way at all.

lockman

State Researcher
Went there a little over a week ago to get a few camping supplies and noticed a 8.5X11 sheet of note book paper on the door. It said something to the effect of "Leave your gun in the car." I tried to take a picture but the light from the sun blurred it. I added them to the friendorfoe site. I won't be back.

This is a military surplus and camping supply store in Woodinville.

Those not driving I guess can carry inside as they have no car to leave it in.

skiingislife725

I was in there last fall just checking it out. You're not missing much...prices aren't great, selection isn't great. I figured they just had bad customer service skills when they wouldn't give me the time of day. Maybe I'm the guy who made them want to put up a sign. Who knows. lol We didn't lose anything of substance, that's for sure.

Tacitus42

Mr. Stark

As far as The Foxhole Adopting same policy as Cabelas. How did you learn of said policy change? Earlier this year after being kicked out of The Foxhole i talked with the manager. The owner was standing next to her but was too much coward to get on the phone himself. I was told no OC but CC was allowed . She specificaly said "With all the soldiers shooting up places they were worrried about them" Needless to say i haven't been back. Looks i need to make a trip to Seattle and check out Federal Army/Navy. Thanks for the heads up GoGo.

tjkruck

No, all I see is a private property owner exercising HIS rights. Just remember, the 2A is ONLY a limitation on Government, not private citizens.

Don't care for his "attitude", don't shop there. He's not violating your rights in any way at all.

I should have clarified a little better. The slap I was referring to was the attitude

Carry on

MKEgal

Wow. The sign is bad enough, but the attitude in that reply really stinks.
If the local gun community becomes aware of it, it's likely his sales will suffer.
If people call or write to complain [would you please post his email] it might happen faster & he'll change his mind.

We have a gun store here in the Milwaukee (MKE) area which (for at least 3 years) had been turning over info on ALL its customers (purchasers & range users) to the local PD, which then ran them for restrictions (felonies, DV, restraining orders). Of something like 25,000 there were 47 "referred to detectives for further investigation" and something like 3 of those who were actually prohibited people.
(For those reaching for a calculator, that's 0.012% - twelve one-thousandths of one percent.)

When this scheme was published in the local paper, the reaction of customers was swift, negative, very public, & overwhelming. Despite a couple days of initial digging in his heels & saying he'd done nothing wrong, the owner eventually said he'd stop.
(Whether people believe him or not is up to them.)
I don't think there will ever be an apology, from the store or police, but the public got the problem corrected.

Last edited:

Difdi

My firearm is my private property. My ownership of that property does not change depending on the ownership of the surface I am standing on. The 2nd amendment does not apply to private citizens, because they lack the power to interfere with the rights of a fellow citizen.