• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to STL this weekend.

Big Boy

Moving to STL this weekend, see ya'll soon!

Well, I left KC about a year and a half ago for Columbia. Looks like this weekend I'm making the hop across the rest of the state. I'll be looking for the next time you guys have a meeting.

The one thing definitely different about the STL area...Holy crap you can take two steps and be in a different city!! Obviously plan on doing my own research of the laws, but could someone who lives in the area give me a quick heads up on go/no go cities around STL?

Also, any good places to shoot? I had been using an unmanned conservation range in Columbia.

I'll be in St. Charles.

See ya guys soon!

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Hwy Bigboy!

Long time eh?

In St Charles county you are good to go if you have your CCW, most of it is free country but a few require the CCW, Ofallon, st. Peters to name a couple that require it. Forrestil is one with a "permission from the owner in writing" area, an old hunting law remains on the books.

When you cross the river into STL county, it becomes a mess, there are a host of cities there that have outright banned it, use caution as many have not updated their online ordinance information.

SixGunCowboy

The one big problem I have with St. Louis is that "open carry" is banned in St. Louis. That's the only one problem I have with that city.