Thread: New from Cottage Grove

New from Cottage Grove

Hello,

New to the forum. Just wanted to stop in and say hello. My carry guns are a Ruger SR9c, M&P full sized, or every great once in a while a 1942 Remington rand 1911. I have been reading a little bit on the forum about oc. I have done it a little bit in the Cottage Grove area and have not recieved any negitive reactions. I open carry because I believe you can not educate the public on something they can not see. I am happy to be on the forums. Feel free to ask any questions you may have or throw a PM my way if you would like to grab a cup of joe or something sometime if your in the area.

Thanks

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Welcome to OCDO boom - your absolutely right on the educational value of OC. Just seeing a gun carried by a LAC will stimulate conversation + there is the deterrent value.

Spent a lot of time in Minnesota as a kid - great memories, beautiful country.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Re: New from Cottage Grove

Welcome fellow Minnesotan

Carry on

Cool, now I'm not the only guy on here from CG...

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by YounGunSR9c View Post
    Cool, now I'm not the only guy on here from CG...
    I'm from Cottage Grove as well. I don't post often, though.

Quote Originally Posted by djstaehlin View Post
    I'm from Cottage Grove as well. I don't post often, though.
    Hi there both from Cottage Grove I live in Ellsworth and just started OCeing there and in Prescott where mom lives. No problem so far. got the Utah training. need to get fingerprints and send the stuff off to Utah and will OC there. Shop at Sams on County 19 at Woodbury. Take county 20 and 21 past Afton to Prescott and home if need to see mom. Will keep in touch to oc in MN with both of you. Send me Private message on WI site Don't have anyone in W WI OCing.
    Last edited by Law abider; 09-11-2012 at 12:06 AM.

I am from the Chaska area, roughly 40 mins from Cottage Grove. I have not done any OC before, just conceal but would like to work my way into it. I would be interested in doing a meet up if anyone wants to, let me know.