• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New from Cottage Grove

boombutton

Hello,

New to the forum. Just wanted to stop in and say hello. My carry guns are a Ruger SR9c, M&P full sized, or every great once in a while a 1942 Remington rand 1911. I have been reading a little bit on the forum about oc. I have done it a little bit in the Cottage Grove area and have not recieved any negitive reactions. I open carry because I believe you can not educate the public on something they can not see. I am happy to be on the forums. Feel free to ask any questions you may have or throw a PM my way if you would like to grab a cup of joe or something sometime if your in the area.

Thanks

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to OCDO boom - your absolutely right on the educational value of OC. Just seeing a gun carried by a LAC will stimulate conversation + there is the deterrent value.

Spent a lot of time in Minnesota as a kid - great memories, beautiful country.

Law abider

I'm from Cottage Grove as well. :) I don't post often, though.

Hi there both from Cottage Grove I live in Ellsworth and just started OCeing there and in Prescott where mom lives. No problem so far. got the Utah training. need to get fingerprints and send the stuff off to Utah and will OC there. Shop at Sams on County 19 at Woodbury. Take county 20 and 21 past Afton to Prescott and home if need to see mom. Will keep in touch to oc in MN with:D both of you. Send me Private message on WI site Don't have anyone in W WI OCing.:D

Last edited:

thewayiseeit240

I am from the Chaska area, roughly 40 mins from Cottage Grove. I have not done any OC before, just conceal but would like to work my way into it. I would be interested in doing a meet up if anyone wants to, let me know.