• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All 9 bystanders shot by NYPD; great reason why not to carry

SovereignAxe

Ignorance over the subject is not becoming of anyone. The NYPD for the most part does an excellent job especially with what they are given to work with and with a mayor such as they have! Crime in NYC is way way down from what it has been in years past ( way before Bloomburg) especially compared to so many other cities. They made the best of the situation they had simple as that. When the perp turns and points his weapon toward police, what would you expect them to do? And on an ultra crowded city block. People are everywhere, especially during rush hour at that time of the morning!

Sent from my Galaxy S///

I expect them to train more than twice a year. Hell, I expect them to train more than once a month. I expect them to train at distance, under stress, shooting one handed, shooting one handed with an agitated police dog in the other hand (if they're a K9 unit). I expect them to train drawing an firing as quickly as possible. Sadly, it seems that police don't do much, if any of this.

I fully appreciate the fact that the police officers had to return fire in this situation. I'm not debating that. But their ability to do so effectively is being called into question by all here.

twoskinsonemanns

I expect them to train more than twice a year. Hell, I expect them to train more than once a month. I expect them to train at distance, under stress, shooting one handed, shooting one handed with an agitated police dog in the other hand (if they're a K9 unit). I expect them to train drawing an firing as quickly as possible. Sadly, it seems that police don't do much, if any of this.

I fully appreciate the fact that the police officers had to return fire in this situation. I'm not debating that. But their ability to do so effectively is being called into question by all here.

What are you simple? J/K Issued tickets bring in between 4-7.4 Billion dollars a year for the US governments. (Speed taxes)
We can't afford to waste time training when we can be out fleecing the sheep.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The reason Gail doesn't want armed citizens is because she knows that if there was a gun fight where cops were missing and hitting innocent bystanders, the bystanders might just starting shooting back at her precious cops!

Actually, if the facts bear out that everybody was wounded by police misses, I'd say we have a strong argument for bystanders considering that a cop reaching for a gun may constitute justified lethal force. No, I'm serious! In many states, citizens are allowed to come to the defense of others. If citizen A sees a cop drawing a gun in NYC, I would be willing to seriously consider that him shooting the cop was justified lethal force in defense of citizen B--the innocent bystander. If I was on the jury trying citizen A for shooting the cop, I would be willing to seriously consider a "defense of others" argument.

twoskinsonemanns

The reason Gail doesn't want armed citizens is because she knows that if there was a gun fight where cops were missing and hitting innocent bystanders, the bystanders might just starting shooting back at her precious cops!

Actually, if the facts bear out that everybody was wounded by police misses, I'd say we have a strong argument for bystanders considering that a cop reaching for a gun may constitute justified lethal force. No, I'm serious! In many states, citizens are allowed to come to the defense of others. If citizen A sees a cop drawing a gun in NYC, I would be willing to seriously consider that him shooting the cop was justified lethal force in defense of citizen B--the innocent bystander. If I was on the jury trying citizen A for shooting the cop, I would be willing to seriously consider a "defense of others" argument.

You clearly don't understand the people=fodder mindset of the government.