Thread: Disappointing experience with LV Shooting Academy/Sentinel Arms

Henderson, Nevada

Disappointing experience with LV Shooting Academy/Sentinel Arms

I had to transfer a gun from Ohio this week and used Sentinel Firearms based on their location - they advertise an address close to me.

Turns out this is a "pay as you use" office - in other words they don't have a location and you have to book an appointment to use the office. I email him to let him know the tracking number shows the gun has arrived yesterday morning. He writes back that we should set an appointment to finish the transfer on Monday.

I explained Mon-Fri is difficult with my schedule and he did not write back. So I call today, get a voicemail, leave a message and he doesn't respond.

But this afternoon I get a text front that number saying, "Can you pickup at 3:15?"
    Naturally I say, "Sure.".
    He texts back, "Trent?"
    Me, "No this is (my name)"
    Him, "Oh. I though this was someone else. We are closed on weekends."
    Me, "Ok, you may think about putting your hours on your website. It states, re transfers, that I can come pickup at my convenience. What are your hours throug the week?"
    Him, "We are moving to a large store, that is why the diff hours. During the move it is by appointment only."
    Me, "Ok...what are your hours through the week. Mon-Fri is difficult with my schedule..." response.

Would I use his services again? Not a chance.

Frustrating experience.

earth's crust
    should check it out before you decide to do a transfer with them ...

You should have gone at 3:15 anyway.

Fallon, Nevada, USA
    So, if you were 'Trent,' he would have been okay making the appointment for 3:15, but since you weren't, he couldn't?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Obviously, he must have more business than he wants.... So, I'll support his decision to not have my patronage!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"