• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi from a noob in Lexington

ZXguy

II. Defining 'Noob'
Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own. :D

Just giving you a hard time....:banana:

lol...I'm sure both have applied to me at one point or another :)

Generally, I'm overly-willing to learn, though.

self preservation

lol...I'm sure both have applied to me at one point or another :)

Generally, I'm overly-willing to learn, though.

Me too..... Welcome to the forum. You have came to a great place to learn. Forum's kinda dead tonight but at times they are hopping with great info...

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Close, but no cigar. Both are owned by the PW Group. I'm assuming the PW Group has Walther put their name on Umarex's guns beause if most people saw the name of an air gun company on the slide they wouldn't buy it.

Yes the PW group does own Umarex and Umarex owns Walther, therefore the PW group does own both. Read the PW group's website to get a little more detail. It seems that PW is just a parent company, and they merged Umarex with Walther, or I guess it would be Walther with Umarex. Either way, the p22 is junk, and it has Walther's name on its slide.

Last edited:

neuroblades

Heya -- new here. I just spent the last hour or so hungrily reading as many threads as I could. This forum is awesome...so much really good information. It's exactly what I've been looking for. I especially liked the information in the forum Sticky...like the pamphlets. The info clarified a number of questions. I'm also really impressed with the level of activity here.

I picked up my first handgun a few weeks ago and am trying to learn as much as I can about guns, the law, etc. There's a lot to digest, but I'm getting there and having some fun with it.

I did take my CCDW already and am awaiting my papers and am doing a lot of range work in the meantime. I haven't OC much because I'm not yet totally comfortable and confident, but I am working that way. Mostly the only OC I've done has been while hiking or otherwise just out in the country. I think I'll be much more comfortable with concealed so I look forward to getting it all completed.

Anyway...just wanting to say hi and that I think I'm gonna be addicted to this forum.

Welcome aboard, ZVGuy! :)