• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Emily Miller: Flying with a gun

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Yes, unless there were/are other people in DC (who we have not heard about) trying to affect such gun-law changes, Emily single-handedly has done an incredible job shaking-up the status-quo, which has resulted in positive changes for DC residents - changes that probably would not have come about (at least presently) without her efforts.

Last edited:

hjmoosejaw

When you get a chance, go read all of her editorial articles in the Washington Times Commentary section. She does make a few mistakes but for a novice, she's done a really good job and had been the catalyst of some newly installed laws and procedures in DC. And she's very cute to boot.

cloudcroft
Yes, unless there were/are other people in DC (who we have not heard about) trying to affect such gun-law changes, Emily single-handedly has done an incredible job shaking-up the status-quo, which has resulted in positive changes for DC residents - changes that probably would not have come about (at least presently) without her efforts.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm gonna check her out more. I watched quite a few of her videos last night. She seems pretty neat and seems to be doing a real good job for our side. I will read her commentary section later. What I think is pretty wild, is watching her as a novice in the gun world come up as an advocate for us while she's learning herself. She seems to be taking to it like a duck to water too. And yeah, she's pretty hot! Thanks again!

P.S. She mentioned going down to the Republican convention, probably to cover it. They SHOULD use her as a speaker for the Second Amendment, if you ask me. Oh yeah, also she bought a Sig, A girl after my own heart!

Last edited:

4sooth

Traveling with a firearm

She is wrong about one critical thing--ignoring this will cause you to "interface" with TSA--and probably miss your flight. Do NOT put the red form in the hard case with the firearm! It should go in the SUITCASE only. TSA or others frequently open suitcases to check out firearms even after they have been properly declared and put through x-ray. When the suit case is opened and the red tag is not in evidence--TSA assumes this to be an undeclared firearm and pulls the luggage from the system--along with the owner--YOU. After opening the hard case and seeing the tag--you will be sent on your way--but you probably missed your flight. If the airline person insists the tag/form goes in with the gun--then get two tags and put one with the gun, the other in the suitcase. This way all bases are covered and you should have an uneventful flight. My daughter works for a major airline and is a ground safety co-ordinator. Because of this she is required to know the laws and her own airline's policy concerning firearms. She regularly attends meetings with TSA and other "official" agencies to discuss security concerns/procedures. One thing she consistently says is that the TSA folks (for the most part) don't know the laws which govern traveling with firearms and don't seem interested in learning them. Many of her co-workers are just as bad--the supervisors are the worst. I consistently have issues with airline personnel when I traveling with a gun. "You can't bring a gun on the plane." "That's illegal" "I don't like guns--you shouldn't have that" and more. Calling a supervisor is not always helpful--they don't know either!! Here is another helpful hint--my daughters airline has the policy of "No employee is to see or touch/handle the firearm"--period. For them to do so creates a bailment where the airline becomes responsible for the safe condition of the firearm. Still many employees insist they "must see the gun" so I am only too happy to show it to them.

Last edited: