Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Wall at the St. Charles, MO. NRA/ILA field office

  1. #1
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966

    Wall at the St. Charles, MO. NRA/ILA field office

    Interesting...

    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    1,012

    Re: Wall at the St. Charles, MO. NRA/ILA field office

    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Interesting...

    And hypocritical...

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    And hypocritical...

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Maybe, maybe not...... I'm working on it every single day!
    Our rights are not negotiable, but they can be negotiated for!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  4. #4
    Regular Member HighFlyingA380's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    West St. Louis County (Ellisville)
    Posts
    301
    I had always thought the NRA is anti-OC...
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyingA380 View Post
    I had always thought the NRA is anti-OC...
    It seems to be a mixed bag, they effectively scuttled the preemption efforts in MO this year. It may have been intentional, or it may have been a rogue actor at the state level, or it may have been someone getting nervous about passing anything. They supported it whole heartedly in OK, but I don't know of anywhere else the've supported it. Regardless, I think the claim that they're a lot more concerned about CCW than OC holds a lot of water, and I'm not inclined to give them any more of my hard earned money until I see otherwise.

  6. #6
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyingA380 View Post
    I had always thought the NRA is anti-OC...
    In the NRA daily updates (Membership required) they "take credit" for the OC rights in OK that take effect Nov. 1st, 2012, they are "working" on OC right in FL. But then again they took "Credit" on thier updates for the flash amendment that goes into effect Aug. 28th in MO., which would have been open carry state wide with a CCW if they had not sought and succeeded to "amend" the OC bill on the floor of the Missouri House.

    The NRA wants "credit" for all 2A bills passed. That's fine with me, I'd just like to see something worth taking credit for in Missouri. I give them "Blame" for the flash bill myself.

    We are getting a new NRA guy in Missouri next session. Communications have been engaged. If he can come in "work with us or not" (Don't care) and get a "good", "REAL" OC bill I hope the NRA can take all the "CREDIT" for it they want.

    FYI- There is no telling if or what sort of bills may come out in 2013, and there is no telling what any would look like when the final results are done.
    Better to be there and try to be part of the process then wait to see what they do for or to us in the end. 2013 is a ways away.

    I would recommend to anyone interested in being part of the process that they volunteer for campaigns, contribute to pro-2A candidates, go to events.... The entire MO. house is up for election or re-election, no better way to get what "we" want then to work for the candidates you want to have work for you in Jefferson City.

    It doesn't cost much if anything and it can make all the difference in the end!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  7. #7
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    In the NRA daily updates (Membership required) they "take credit" for the OC rights in OK that take effect Nov. 1st, 2012, they are "working" on OC right in FL. But then again they took "Credit" on thier updates for the flash amendment that goes into effect Aug. 28th in MO., which would have been open carry state wide with a CCW if they had not sought and succeeded to "amend" the OC bill on the floor of the Missouri House.

    The NRA wants "credit" for all 2A bills passed. That's fine with me, I'd just like to see something worth taking credit for in Missouri. I give them "Blame" for the flash bill myself.

    We are getting a new NRA guy in Missouri next session. Communications have been engaged. If he can come in "work with us or not" (Don't care) and get a "good", "REAL" OC bill I hope the NRA can take all the "CREDIT" for it they want.

    FYI- There is no telling if or what sort of bills may come out in 2013, and there is no telling what any would look like when the final results are done.
    Better to be there and try to be part of the process then wait to see what they do for or to us in the end. 2013 is a ways away.

    I would recommend to anyone interested in being part of the process that they volunteer for campaigns, contribute to pro-2A candidates, go to events.... The entire MO. house is up for election or re-election, no better way to get what "we" want then to work for the candidates you want to have work for you in Jefferson City.

    It doesn't cost much if anything and it can make all the difference in the end!
    This!!!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    st louis
    Posts
    640
    Funny how the NRA takes "credit" for our givin rights as a human being. I think we had those rights recognized long before the NRA was formed.

    For a second I thought those were Obama stickers too...
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    Funny how the NRA takes "credit" for our givin rights as a human being. I think we had those rights recognized long before the NRA was formed.

    For a second I thought those were Obama stickers too...
    The problem is the right has been eroded...subsequently the Gun Lobbyists (NRA/SAF) have tried to restore those eroded rights. We Pro 2A beleeven folks need all the help we can get to reclaim'm.

    Where were we prior to the NRA and now where are we with them? I'd say we are better for having them; now that doesn't mean they are perfect...nuttin is, but it beats the heck out of the fax machine organizations.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    The problem is the right has been eroded...subsequently the Gun Lobbyists (NRA/SAF) have tried to restore those eroded rights. We Pro 2A beleeven folks need all the help we can get to reclaim'm.

    Where were we prior to the NRA and now where are we with them? I'd say we are better for having them; now that doesn't mean they are perfect...nuttin is, but it beats the heck out of the fax machine organizations.
    No one is "perfect", but I'd rather have'em with us then agianst us!
    We need all th ehelp we can get. We''ll see what happens?
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  11. #11
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    NRA formed a legislative affairs division in response to debate concerning passage of the National Firearms Act in 1934.[10] NRA supported that act, the first major federal legislation about gun control, and also supported the Federal Firearms Act of 1938. The two acts created a system to license gun dealers and imposed very high taxes on the private ownership of automatic weapons ("machine guns").[11]

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rifle_Association
    Seem we were doing fairly well without the NRA until about the 1930's. Seems to have been down hill from there.

    The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the lobbying arm of the NRA. Established in 1975, ILA is committed to preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

    http://www.nraila.org/about-nra-ila.aspx
    Thars money in them thar state houses!!!! Or, is it their attempt to correct past wrongs......hmmmm, interesting poser.

    The NRA works for OC in a no OC state, FL, but torpedoes it here in a OC state, MO.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  12. #12
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Seem we were doing fairly well without the NRA until about the 1930's. Seems to have been down hill from there.

    Thars money in them thar state houses!!!! Or, is it their attempt to correct past wrongs......hmmmm, interesting poser.

    The NRA works for OC in a no OC state, FL, but torpedoes it here in a OC state, MO.
    There are those of us working (At least trying to work) with the NRA to change this. Better to have'em on our side then against us. 2013 is a turning point for the NRA and OC in Missouri.
    If they don't get it right in 2013..... Flush..... Bye Bye.

    I'm off to Jefferson City soon to fire up the troops, they get to "work" in January and some of us are committed to being there as often as possible and available as necessary to get OC rights in Missouri.

    All out in 2013.... Stary tuned. All that can be done is being done. If 'ya all got a better idea, Jefferson City is centrally located, go for it!

    Mean while, get out there and volunteer for 2A candidates in the Mo. House - They are all up for election/re-election this November. Half the Senate is up too! Make a difference to haelp make a difference. Nothing really gets done on discussion forums, it gets done at the ballot box and the Capitol.

    "We" can make it happen, YES WE CAN! Get out!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  13. #13
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    There are those of us working (At least trying to work) with the NRA to change this. Better to have'em on our side then against us. 2013 is a turning point for the NRA and OC in Missouri.
    If they don't get it right in 2013..... Flush..... Bye Bye.

    I'm off to Jefferson City soon to fire up the troops, they get to "work" in January and some of us are committed to being there as often as possible and available as necessary to get OC rights in Missouri.

    All out in 2013.... Stary tuned. All that can be done is being done. If 'ya all got a better idea, Jefferson City is centrally located, go for it!

    Mean while, get out there and volunteer for 2A candidates in the Mo. House - They are all up for election/re-election this November. Half the Senate is up too! Make a difference to haelp make a difference. Nothing really gets done on discussion forums, it gets done at the ballot box and the Capitol.

    "We" can make it happen, YES WE CAN! Get out!
    YES WE CAN!

    .....just pickin atcha.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  14. #14
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    YES WE CAN!

    .....just pickin atcha.
    That's OK, I was being sarcastic with "YES WE CAN" any way!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •