• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wall at the St. Charles, MO. NRA/ILA field office

mspgunner

Interesting...

NRAILA.jpg

kcgunfan

I had always thought the NRA is anti-OC...

It seems to be a mixed bag, they effectively scuttled the preemption efforts in MO this year. It may have been intentional, or it may have been a rogue actor at the state level, or it may have been someone getting nervous about passing anything. They supported it whole heartedly in OK, but I don't know of anywhere else the've supported it. Regardless, I think the claim that they're a lot more concerned about CCW than OC holds a lot of water, and I'm not inclined to give them any more of my hard earned money until I see otherwise.

mspgunner

I had always thought the NRA is anti-OC...

In the NRA daily updates (Membership required) they "take credit" for the OC rights in OK that take effect Nov. 1st, 2012, they are "working" on OC right in FL. But then again they took "Credit" on thier updates for the flash amendment that goes into effect Aug. 28th in MO., which would have been open carry state wide with a CCW if they had not sought and succeeded to "amend" the OC bill on the floor of the Missouri House.

The NRA wants "credit" for all 2A bills passed. That's fine with me, I'd just like to see something worth taking credit for in Missouri. I give them "Blame" for the flash bill myself.

We are getting a new NRA guy in Missouri next session. Communications have been engaged. If he can come in "work with us or not" (Don't care) and get a "good", "REAL" OC bill I hope the NRA can take all the "CREDIT" for it they want.

FYI- There is no telling if or what sort of bills may come out in 2013, and there is no telling what any would look like when the final results are done.
Better to be there and try to be part of the process then wait to see what they do for or to us in the end. 2013 is a ways away.

I would recommend to anyone interested in being part of the process that they volunteer for campaigns, contribute to pro-2A candidates, go to events.... The entire MO. house is up for election or re-election, no better way to get what "we" want then to work for the candidates you want to have work for you in Jefferson City.

It doesn't cost much if anything and it can make all the difference in the end!

Redbaron007

In the NRA daily updates (Membership required) they "take credit" for the OC rights in OK that take effect Nov. 1st, 2012, they are "working" on OC right in FL. But then again they took "Credit" on thier updates for the flash amendment that goes into effect Aug. 28th in MO., which would have been open carry state wide with a CCW if they had not sought and succeeded to "amend" the OC bill on the floor of the Missouri House.

The NRA wants "credit" for all 2A bills passed. That's fine with me, I'd just like to see something worth taking credit for in Missouri. I give them "Blame" for the flash bill myself.

We are getting a new NRA guy in Missouri next session. Communications have been engaged. If he can come in "work with us or not" (Don't care) and get a "good", "REAL" OC bill I hope the NRA can take all the "CREDIT" for it they want.

FYI- There is no telling if or what sort of bills may come out in 2013, and there is no telling what any would look like when the final results are done.
Better to be there and try to be part of the process then wait to see what they do for or to us in the end. 2013 is a ways away.

I would recommend to anyone interested in being part of the process that they volunteer for campaigns, contribute to pro-2A candidates, go to events.... The entire MO. house is up for election or re-election, no better way to get what "we" want then to work for the candidates you want to have work for you in Jefferson City.

It doesn't cost much if anything and it can make all the difference in the end!

This!!!

kylemoul

Funny how the NRA takes "credit" for our givin rights as a human being. I think we had those rights recognized long before the NRA was formed.

For a second I thought those were Obama stickers too...

Redbaron007

Funny how the NRA takes "credit" for our givin rights as a human being. I think we had those rights recognized long before the NRA was formed.

For a second I thought those were Obama stickers too...

The problem is the right has been eroded...subsequently the Gun Lobbyists (NRA/SAF) have tried to restore those eroded rights. We Pro 2A beleeven folks need all the help we can get to reclaim'm.

Where were we prior to the NRA and now where are we with them? I'd say we are better for having them; now that doesn't mean they are perfect...nuttin is, but it beats the heck out of the fax machine organizations.

mspgunner

The problem is the right has been eroded...subsequently the Gun Lobbyists (NRA/SAF) have tried to restore those eroded rights. We Pro 2A beleeven folks need all the help we can get to reclaim'm.

Where were we prior to the NRA and now where are we with them? I'd say we are better for having them; now that doesn't mean they are perfect...nuttin is, but it beats the heck out of the fax machine organizations.

No one is "perfect", but I'd rather have'em with us then agianst us!
We need all th ehelp we can get. We''ll see what happens?

OC for ME

NRA formed a legislative affairs division in response to debate concerning passage of the National Firearms Act in 1934.[10] NRA supported that act, the first major federal legislation about gun control, and also supported the Federal Firearms Act of 1938. The two acts created a system to license gun dealers and imposed very high taxes on the private ownership of automatic weapons ("machine guns").[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rifle_Association
Seem we were doing fairly well without the NRA until about the 1930's. Seems to have been down hill from there.

The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the lobbying arm of the NRA. Established in 1975, ILA is committed to preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

http://www.nraila.org/about-nra-ila.aspx
Thars money in them thar state houses!!!! Or, is it their attempt to correct past wrongs......hmmmm, interesting poser.

The NRA works for OC in a no OC state, FL, but torpedoes it here in a OC state, MO.

mspgunner

Seem we were doing fairly well without the NRA until about the 1930's. Seems to have been down hill from there.

Thars money in them thar state houses!!!! Or, is it their attempt to correct past wrongs......hmmmm, interesting poser.

The NRA works for OC in a no OC state, FL, but torpedoes it here in a OC state, MO.

There are those of us working (At least trying to work) with the NRA to change this. Better to have'em on our side then against us. 2013 is a turning point for the NRA and OC in Missouri.
If they don't get it right in 2013..... Flush..... Bye Bye.

I'm off to Jefferson City soon to fire up the troops, they get to "work" in January and some of us are committed to being there as often as possible and available as necessary to get OC rights in Missouri.

All out in 2013.... Stary tuned. All that can be done is being done. If 'ya all got a better idea, Jefferson City is centrally located, go for it!

Mean while, get out there and volunteer for 2A candidates in the Mo. House - They are all up for election/re-election this November. Half the Senate is up too! Make a difference to haelp make a difference. Nothing really gets done on discussion forums, it gets done at the ballot box and the Capitol.

"We" can make it happen, YES WE CAN! Get out!

OC for ME

There are those of us working (At least trying to work) with the NRA to change this. Better to have'em on our side then against us. 2013 is a turning point for the NRA and OC in Missouri.
If they don't get it right in 2013..... Flush..... Bye Bye.

I'm off to Jefferson City soon to fire up the troops, they get to "work" in January and some of us are committed to being there as often as possible and available as necessary to get OC rights in Missouri.

All out in 2013.... Stary tuned. All that can be done is being done. If 'ya all got a better idea, Jefferson City is centrally located, go for it!

Mean while, get out there and volunteer for 2A candidates in the Mo. House - They are all up for election/re-election this November. Half the Senate is up too! Make a difference to haelp make a difference. Nothing really gets done on discussion forums, it gets done at the ballot box and the Capitol.

"We" can make it happen, YES WE CAN! Get out!
YES WE CAN!

.....just pickin atcha.