Thread: NICS question.

Cypher347

NICS question.

i havent purchased a firearm in a few years and since the last time i have i've recieved a misdemeanor concealed weapon charge because an aggro virginia beach cop didnt like that i had a swiss army style pocket knife on me. i was wondering if this will kick back my nics check and prevent me from buying a handgun?

It shouldn't, unless it was a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence or a felony crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.

Couple links that might help:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-to/i...d-persons.html

4473 form
    http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

I always have a Swiss Army knife in my pocket...I don't how people survive without one.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher347 View Post
    i havent purchased a firearm in a few years and since the last time i have i've recieved a misdemeanor concealed weapon charge because an aggro virginia beach cop didnt like that i had a swiss army style pocket knife on me. i was wondering if this will kick back my nics check and prevent me from buying a handgun?
    Presuming that the charge was related solely to the pocket knife, you should have fought that. Can't imagine your being found guilty if you had.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Cypher347
    One of my headlights were out too so it was the pocket knife and a ticket for a defective headlight.