Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wa must issue in 30 days...

wa must issue in 30 days...

So I have been checking my mailbox like a kid waiting for his decoder ring....

It's been 27 days.

I am not nor have I ever worn the black hat so to speak.

So the questions are,

What happens if you aren't issued a cpl in 30 days?

What does that mean?

Possible outcomes? Thoughts?

I could just be impatient....

Quote Originally Posted by standup View Post
    So I have been checking my mailbox like a kid waiting for his decoder ring....

It's been 27 days.

I am not nor have I ever worn the black hat so to speak.

So the questions are,

What happens if you aren't issued a cpl in 30 days?

What does that mean?

Possible outcomes? Thoughts?

I could just be impatient....
    It will be there day 30....

Do not count the day you turned in the paperwork, day 1 is the first day after that.
    Live Free or Die!

Re: wa must issue in 30 days...

July 24th applied, got it on Aug 25th. Dated Aug 23rd by issuer.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    It will be there day 30....

Do not count the day you turned in the paperwork, day 1 is the first day after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeIsTrouble View Post
    July 24th applied, got it on Aug 25th. Dated Aug 23rd by issuer.
    Exactly. The 24th is not counted....
    Live Free or Die!

I walked in to Kitsap County sheriff in Silverdale. 30 minutes later walked out with a CC permit in my hand. Although that was 3 years ago.

Thumbs up

Took mine about 2 weeks to arrive. really depends on the backlog of permit applications.
    +thought for the day+
    ++victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none++

Quote Originally Posted by Schlepnier View Post
    Took mine about 2 weeks to arrive. really depends on the backlog of permit applications.
    Or the "attitude" of the local Police Chief. In more than one city in the State the PC's have issued instructions that the permit not be issued ONE day prior to the 30th day. And then they mail it, even if it's been approved and waiting since later in the day the application was received.

You can also run into a delay if the Department only schedules fingerprinting for one day per week. If you turn in your application on Monday, and they don't fingerprint you until the next Monday, those 7 days don't count as the app. wasn't complete without the prints.

Some "Civil Servants" just do their jobs and others go out of their way to be "a-holes" just to make a statement on their views. It's kind of a peek into what it was like here in WA, and still is in other States, when there was "May Issue" for CPL's.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I think it has to do more with the local CoP or Sheriff and their attitude. Here in Okanogan County it takes about 2 days...one to process and one for the mail to get to you. May take three day over a weekend.

Re: wa must issue in 30 days...

Hot lead is right I have got two CPLs from the sheriffs station in silverdale. Both times I had my CPL same day after about 30 minutes. If it helps your not alone last year I took the Utah CPL class and the state of Utah gives themselves 90 days to issue the permit, I got mine on day 89. It's always possible the mail could slow it down that is beyond the control of the local police but you I would think you should have it soon
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Ok thanks fellas.

In Everett, took ten days last fall.

Took me about 14 day in Snohomish almost 5 years ago.

It will be time to renew around December
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by HotLead View Post
    I walked in to Kitsap County sheriff in Silverdale. 30 minutes later walked out with a CC permit in my hand. Although that was 3 years ago.
    Every "Shall Issue" state should be able to issue "on the spot". It's only takes a few minutes to run a NICS.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlepnier View Post
    If they issued on the spot, there would be no backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    Hot lead is right I have got two CPLs from the sheriffs station in silverdale. Both times I had my CPL same day after about 30 minutes. If it helps your not alone last year I took the Utah CPL class and the state of Utah gives themselves 90 days to issue the permit, I got mine on day 89. It's always possible the mail could slow it down that is beyond the control of the local police but you I would think you should have it soon
    UT gives themselves 60 days from the time they cash your check/charge your card.
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; 08-28-2012 at 12:06 AM.
    States don’t have rights. People do.

Banned
    Its election time .. not happy with the time (thinking they deliberately sit on it..) ; put some pressure on the PDs bosses .. the mayor & other elected officials.

My wife and I both applied for our renewals in February, it took SIX WEEKS! ouch.... good thing I went in a month early...

My Sweet Baboo applied for her CPL last month. We live in the city(sort of) and had to go to Bellingham PD. I went with her for fingerprints and there were no problems. Thirty days later........... no CPL. I waited two more days for the mail to catch up. Lori got a call from the fingerprint person telling her she mailed it to the wrong address, it had been returned, and we could stop by to pick it up. Very stand up, apology's all over and no other worries. On the other hand, I rec'd mine from BPD in about three weeks.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    We live in the city(sort of) and had to go to Bellingham PD.
    You did not HAVE to go to Bellignham PD because you live in the city. You have the option of going to the city OR county sheriff.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firea...oncealreq.html

Quote Originally Posted by WA DOL
    • The police department in your city or town
      or
    • Your county sheriff’s office

I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Yes, that is correct, I do have the ability to take the easy way and go see Sherrif Elfo. I know the paper will take thirty days with bellingham, that is OK because it is the law. BUT. I must go to the city because the difficulty level is higher and I just enjoy the bloody hell out of that.

RCW 9.41.070
    Concealed pistol license — Application — Fee — Renewal.
    (13) A person may apply for a concealed pistol license:

(a) To the municipality or to the county in which the applicant resides if the applicant resides in a municipality;

(b) To the county in which the applicant resides if the applicant resides in an unincorporated area; or

(c) Anywhere in the state if the applicant is a nonresident.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Purely speculative...

What if 'lost in the mail' becomes frequent?

What if 'backlog' becomes the norm?

How far can excuses be justified?

Is there any recourse if the thirty days is not met ( not just personally ) but as a norm?

Does anybody know if you are required to apply for your CPL in the county that you reside? I live in Pierce county but I will be in Kitsap county the beginning of september and I would like to apply there since it seems that the silverdale sheriff's office has a very short waiting period for getting your CPL.

-_- seems that living in pierce county, I am required to apply at the LESA office in down town tacoma... absolutely rediculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    Does anybody know if you are required to apply for your CPL in the county that you reside? I live in Pierce county but I will be in Kitsap county the beginning of september and I would like to apply there since it seems that the silverdale sheriff's office has a very short waiting period for getting your CPL.
    -_- seems that living in pierce county, I am required to apply at the LESA office in down town tacoma... absolutely rediculous...
    If you want to apply in Kitsap then just wait until the first of September when you move their, obtain something with your new address as an electric bill, phone, rent receipt or such and go apply.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    If you want to apply in Kitsap then just wait until the first of September when you move their, obtain something with your new address as an electric bill, phone, rent receipt or such and go apply.
    No... I have business in port orchard on the 7th... I figured I might as well apply for my CPL in kitsap county while I'm there since it seems that it's possible to be able to walk out with my CPL in hand same day that I apply. But it seems that since I live in pierce county, I have to apply in pierce county... and based on this...

If you live… ~~> Apply at…
    In an unincorporated area of a county in Washington State ~~> Your county sheriff’s office
    In an incorporated city or town in Washington State ~~> The police department in your city or town or Your county sheriff’s office
    Outside of Washington State (not a Washington resident) ~~> Any local law enforcement agency in Washington

I *should* be able to apply at any sheriff's office in my county but pierce forces you to go to the LESA office in downtown tacoma only

No... I have business in port orchard on the 7th... I figured I might as well apply for my CPL in kitsap county while I'm there since it seems that it's possible to be able to walk out with my CPL in hand same day that I apply. But it seems that since I live in pierce county, I have to apply in pierce county... and based on this...

If you live… ~~> Apply at…
    In an unincorporated area of a county in Washington State ~~> Your county sheriff’s office
    In an incorporated city or town in Washington State ~~> The police department in your city or town or Your county sheriff’s office
    Outside of Washington State (not a Washington resident) ~~> Any local law enforcement agency in Washington

I *should* be able to apply at any sheriff's office in my county but pierce forces you to go to the LESA office in downtown tacoma only
    You live in Tacoma and are not planning to move then yes you get to apply at the LESA office, I have no idea why you thought you could apply in another county then the one you live in?
    I am aware also that some counties will not take the application if you live within the city limits but by the time you end up fighting that your permit would have been with you for months already.
    If you want to fight it with Pierce County then by all means.

RCW 9.41.070 (13) A person may apply for a concealed pistol license:

(a) To the municipality or to the county in which the applicant resides if the applicant resides in a municipality;

(b) To the county in which the applicant resides if the applicant resides in an unincorporated area; or

(c) Anywhere in the state if the applicant is a nonresident.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    You live in Tacoma and are not planning to move then yes you get to apply at the LESA office, I have no idea why you thought you could apply in another county then the one you live in?
    I am aware also that some counties will not take the application if you live within the city limits but by the time you end up fighting that your permit would have been with you for months already.
    If you want to fight it with Pierce County then by all means.
    You also have things like here in Okanogan Co, all of the towns will tell you to apply at the Sheriff's department. No-one else wants to invest in the electronic fingerprint scanners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast