• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

wa must issue in 30 days...

standup

So I have been checking my mailbox like a kid waiting for his decoder ring....

It's been 27 days.

I am not nor have I ever worn the black hat so to speak.

So the questions are,

What happens if you aren't issued a cpl in 30 days?

What does that mean?

Possible outcomes? Thoughts?

I could just be impatient....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
So I have been checking my mailbox like a kid waiting for his decoder ring....

It's been 27 days.

I am not nor have I ever worn the black hat so to speak.

So the questions are,

What happens if you aren't issued a cpl in 30 days?

What does that mean?

Possible outcomes? Thoughts?

I could just be impatient....

It will be there day 30....

Do not count the day you turned in the paperwork, day 1 is the first day after that.

HotLead

I walked in to Kitsap County sheriff in Silverdale. 30 minutes later walked out with a CC permit in my hand. Although that was 3 years ago.

amlevin

Took mine about 2 weeks to arrive. really depends on the backlog of permit applications.

Or the "attitude" of the local Police Chief. In more than one city in the State the PC's have issued instructions that the permit not be issued ONE day prior to the 30th day. And then they mail it, even if it's been approved and waiting since later in the day the application was received.

You can also run into a delay if the Department only schedules fingerprinting for one day per week. If you turn in your application on Monday, and they don't fingerprint you until the next Monday, those 7 days don't count as the app. wasn't complete without the prints.

Some "Civil Servants" just do their jobs and others go out of their way to be "a-holes" just to make a statement on their views. It's kind of a peek into what it was like here in WA, and still is in other States, when there was "May Issue" for CPL's.

hermannr

I think it has to do more with the local CoP or Sheriff and their attitude. Here in Okanogan County it takes about 2 days...one to process and one for the mail to get to you. May take three day over a weekend.

fire suppressor

Hot lead is right I have got two CPLs from the sheriffs station in silverdale. Both times I had my CPL same day after about 30 minutes. If it helps your not alone last year I took the Utah CPL class and the state of Utah gives themselves 90 days to issue the permit, I got mine on day 89. It's always possible the mail could slow it down that is beyond the control of the local police but you I would think you should have it soon

mrjam2jab

I walked in to Kitsap County sheriff in Silverdale. 30 minutes later walked out with a CC permit in my hand. Although that was 3 years ago.

Every "Shall Issue" state should be able to issue "on the spot". It's only takes a few minutes to run a NICS.

Took mine about 2 weeks to arrive. really depends on the backlog of permit applications.

If they issued on the spot, there would be no backlog.

Hot lead is right I have got two CPLs from the sheriffs station in silverdale. Both times I had my CPL same day after about 30 minutes. If it helps your not alone last year I took the Utah CPL class and the state of Utah gives themselves 90 days to issue the permit, I got mine on day 89. It's always possible the mail could slow it down that is beyond the control of the local police but you I would think you should have it soon

UT gives themselves 60 days from the time they cash your check/charge your card.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Its election time .. not happy with the time (thinking they deliberately sit on it..) ; put some pressure on the PDs bosses .. the mayor & other elected officials.

aa1911

My wife and I both applied for our renewals in February, it took SIX WEEKS! ouch.... good thing I went in a month early...

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
My Sweet Baboo applied for her CPL last month. We live in the city(sort of) and had to go to Bellingham PD. I went with her for fingerprints and there were no problems. Thirty days later........... no CPL. I waited two more days for the mail to catch up. Lori got a call from the fingerprint person telling her she mailed it to the wrong address, it had been returned, and we could stop by to pick it up. Very stand up, apology's all over and no other worries. On the other hand, I rec'd mine from BPD in about three weeks.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Yes, that is correct, I do have the ability to take the easy way and go see Sherrif Elfo. I know the paper will take thirty days with bellingham, that is OK because it is the law. BUT. I must go to the city because the difficulty level is higher and I just enjoy the bloody hell out of that.

RCW 9.41.070
Concealed pistol license — Application — Fee — Renewal.
(13) A person may apply for a concealed pistol license:

(a) To the municipality or to the county in which the applicant resides if the applicant resides in a municipality;

(b) To the county in which the applicant resides if the applicant resides in an unincorporated area; or

(c) Anywhere in the state if the applicant is a nonresident.

standup

Purely speculative...

What if 'lost in the mail' becomes frequent?

What if 'backlog' becomes the norm?

How far can excuses be justified?

Is there any recourse if the thirty days is not met ( not just personally ) but as a norm?

Grim_Night

Does anybody know if you are required to apply for your CPL in the county that you reside? I live in Pierce county but I will be in Kitsap county the beginning of september and I would like to apply there since it seems that the silverdale sheriff's office has a very short waiting period for getting your CPL.