• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

webn fireworks

Will.40

I have no clue..I was planning on going but am not for sure yet. I hate it when they post no weapons..why? so I wont be able to protect myself? criminals do not pay attention to signs or laws thus the name criminals.

ps1mhd

WEBN FM fireworks

RULES!?

YES!
Come down early
Bring your family & friends
Bring a blanket to sit on (Blankets can be placed after 6am on Saturday, park officially opens at 6am on Sunday)
Bring a radio and crank up the volume to WEBN all day long
Chairs allowed in designated areas

NO!
Alcoholic beverages brought into the event
Weapons of any type
Wheeled items -skateboards, bicycles, scooters, rollerblades, etc.
Large items such as a grill, couch, or other household furnishings
Pets
Coolers
Liquids

Read more: http://www.webn.com/pages/fwx.html?feed=430712&article=8754024#ixzz24oOnX5sc

hotrod

WEBN FM fireworks

RULES!?

YES!
Come down early
Bring your family & friends
Bring a blanket to sit on (Blankets can be placed after 6am on Saturday, park officially opens at 6am on Sunday)
Bring a radio and crank up the volume to WEBN all day long
Chairs allowed in designated areas

NO!
Alcoholic beverages brought into the event
Weapons of any type
Wheeled items -skateboards, bicycles, scooters, rollerblades, etc.
Large items such as a grill, couch, or other household furnishings
Pets
Coolers
Liquids

Read more: http://www.webn.com/pages/fwx.html?feed=430712&article=8754024#ixzz24oOnX5sc

I am not the smartest fellow around, but I am pretty sure, no I am positive, that WEBN can not make law in Cincinnati and can not make law in Northern Kentucky. Kentucky and Ohio both are preemptive states. State law exist that says no one, other than the state, can make laws concerning guns. So if the property is for public use and not privately owned, carry on.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I am not the smartest fellow around, but I am pretty sure, no I am positive, that WEBN can not make law in Cincinnati and can not make law in Northern Kentucky. Kentucky and Ohio both are preemptive states. State law exist that says no one, other than the state, can make laws concerning guns. So if the property is for public use and not privately owned, carry on.

Except Ohio's preemption is pretty lame compared to Kentucky's. In Ohio localities can ban weapons in many places that they can't here in the Bluegrass State.

hotrod

Except Ohio's preemption is pretty lame compared to Kentucky's. In Ohio localities can ban weapons in many places that they can't here in the Bluegrass State.

Hey Glockster, can you provide a cite for that. Under Ohio Revised Code 9.68, my understanding is no locality can make any laws that would interfere with the buying, selling, manufacturing,and ownership. If I am wrong, please show me. Thanks

Beyond the rights granted by the Ohio Constitution, Revised Code § 9.68 provides that, unless otherwise prohibited by State or Federal law, any person “may own, possess, purchase, sell, transfer, transport, store, or keep any firearm, part of a firearm, its components, and its ammunition.” Specifically included in this statute is the right to openly carry a firearm. See Revised Code § 9.68(C)(1). There is no requirement that the person first get a license, get permission or show any need prior to openly carrying a firearm.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Hey Glockster, can you provide a cite for that. Under Ohio Revised Code 9.68, my understanding is no locality can make any laws that would interfere with the buying, selling, manufacturing,and ownership. If I am wrong, please show me. Thanks

Beyond the rights granted by the Ohio Constitution, Revised Code § 9.68 provides that, unless otherwise prohibited by State or Federal law, any person “may own, possess, purchase, sell, transfer, transport, store, or keep any firearm, part of a firearm, its components, and its ammunition.” Specifically included in this statute is the right to openly carry a firearm. See Revised Code § 9.68(C)(1). There is no requirement that the person first get a license, get permission or show any need prior to openly carrying a firearm.

The "unless prohibited by state or federal law" is where the restrictions come from. State law prohibits firearms in a great deal of places. "No firearm" signs have the force of law in Ohio. The carrying of firearms can be banned in government buildings. You can't carry without a license in your own vehicle or any other vehicle. Carry is banned in the state capitol and the state capitol grounds. Ohio considers an AR-15 and similiar weapons that are designed to accept a magazine of 30 rounds or more an "automatic weapon." In Ohio you must surrender your firearm (that you can't carry without a license) to any leo who asks you to do so, and so on.

This is from the same statute you cited, and I believe it just adds to the restrictiveness of the laws of Ohio:
(D) This section does not apply to either of the following:

(1) A zoning ordinance that regulates or prohibits the commercial sale of firearms, firearm components, or ammunition for firearms in areas zoned for residential or agricultural uses;

(2) A zoning ordinance that specifies the hours of operation or the geographic areas where the commercial sale of firearms, firearm components, or ammunition for firearms may occur, provided that the zoning ordinance is consistent with zoning ordinances for other retail establishments in the same geographic area and does not result in a de facto prohibition of the commercial sale of firearms, firearm components, or ammunition for firearms in areas zoned for commercial, retail, or industrial uses.

With laws that are this restrictive, the preemption really isn't helping much. It keeps a local government from prohibiting your ability to carry in your vehicle (with a license of course), and on your own property, but not much else. State law already places a large amount of restrictions on carry and other aspects concerning firearms, and that is what I was implying.

Here is a link to some of Ohio's firearm laws: http://codes.ohio.gov/nllxml/ohioco...S&filename=ohstatcv2011Title29Chapter2923.htm

Last edited:

hotrod

The "unless prohibited by state or federal law" is where the restrictions come from. State law prohibits firearms in a great deal of places. "No firearm" signs have the force of law in Ohio. The carrying of firearms can be banned in government buildings. You can't carry without a license in your own vehicle or any other vehicle. Carry is banned in the state capitol and the state capitol grounds. Ohio considers an AR-15 and similiar weapons that are designed to accept a magazine of 30 rounds or more an "automatic weapon." In Ohio you must surrender your firearm (that you can't carry without a license) to any leo who asks you to do so, and so on.

This is from the same statute you cited, and I believe it just adds to the restrictiveness of the laws of Ohio:
(D) This section does not apply to either of the following:

(1) A zoning ordinance that regulates or prohibits the commercial sale of firearms, firearm components, or ammunition for firearms in areas zoned for residential or agricultural uses;

(2) A zoning ordinance that specifies the hours of operation or the geographic areas where the commercial sale of firearms, firearm components, or ammunition for firearms may occur, provided that the zoning ordinance is consistent with zoning ordinances for other retail establishments in the same geographic area and does not result in a de facto prohibition of the commercial sale of firearms, firearm components, or ammunition for firearms in areas zoned for commercial, retail, or industrial uses.

With laws that are this restrictive, the preemption really isn't helping much. It keeps a local government from prohibiting your ability to carry in your vehicle (with a license of course), and on your own property, but not much else. State law already places a large amount of restrictions on carry and other aspects concerning firearms, and that is what I was implying.

Here is a link to some of Ohio's firearm laws: http://codes.ohio.gov/nllxml/ohioco...S&filename=ohstatcv2011Title29Chapter2923.htm

I stole this from an Ohio thread:

http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/police/...F0/showMeta/0/
3. LAW DEPARTMENT MEMO ON OPEN CARRY OF A FIREARM IN OHIO​
Ohio law permits the open carry of a firearm with few exceptions. Citizens mayopenly carry firearms in public places unless there is a specific prohibition againstcarrying a firearm in that place (police station, school safety zone, courthouse, etc.).Since​
Cleveland v. State of Ohio, 2010-Ohio-6318, regulation of the “ownership,possession, purchase, other acquisition, transport, storage, carrying, sale, or othertransfer of firearms, their components, and their ammunition” is only done by stateand federal law. Local municipal laws may only regulate the discharge of firearms.Therefore, officers should not charge individuals with violations of the CincinnatiMunicipal Code unless the ordinance deals with the discharge of a firearm.
James E. Craig, Police Chief July 3, 2012​
3Many people worry when they see someone openly carrying a gun. Officers canexpect to receive calls when this happens. But, openly carrying a firearm, by itself, isnot illegal. The fact that someone has called 911 or flagged down an officer aboutseeing someone with a gun in public is probably not enough to support aninvestigative detention. In such situations, an officer must observe the subject andevaluate the totality of circumstances to determine whether reasonable suspicionexists to justify detaining the individual. If the individual is doing nothing else thatarouses suspicion, simply wearing a gun will not justify a detention.It is important to note, open carry by itself also would not support a charge ofDisorderly Conduct or Inducing Panic. There must be additional facts to supportthese offenses. If someone is lawfully carrying a firearm—and doing nothing else—the fact that it causes alarm to others does not support a charge.Equally important, before you charge someone with a violation of​
Ohio RevisedCode (ORC) 2921.29, Failure to Disclose Personal Information (also referred toas the “Stop and I.D.” law), you first must have reasonable suspicion that person has,is, or is about to commit a criminal offense. The “Stop and I.D.” law does not applyunless you already have a valid investigative detention of the person – and opencarry by itself is not enough. Citizens may ignore your request for information duringa consensual encounter, so you may only charge a citizen with a violation of ORC2921.29 when they are legally detained.Private businesses or property owners may prohibit all firearms on their property.They may post signs prohibiting firearms or they may order a person to leave forsuch behavior. Criminal Trespass is the appropriate charge if a person is on privateproperty in violation of such a prohibition.

Last edited: