• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something is wrong with this sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucker6900

Seriously folks? Does every thread have to be derailed due to your overall dislike for Stainless. Yeah we get it. You dont like his ideas, posts, or comments. Got it. Now get over it. You all sound like nagging wives.

Raggs

Seriously folks? Does every thread have to be derailed due to your overall dislike for Stainless. Yeah we get it. You dont like his ideas, posts, or comments. Got it. Now get over it. You all sound like nagging wives.

It would likely be easier if his ideas posts or comments weren't so, well, Stainless-isms.

Evil Creamsicle

It would likely be easier if his ideas posts or comments weren't so, well, Stainless-isms.

Treat him like you treat cops who make idiot comments then. Don't say anything.

ETA: Obviously in the case of poor legal advice, comments must be made for the benefit of the newbie section of our readership. This is not what I'm referring to.

Last edited:

backenj

Amen. It's not Stainless that derails threads, its everybody else that MUST comment on his post. "Do as I would do","be like me","I do it the riht way, not you". If everybody on here did things the way other people want them to, there would be no OCing. Dang.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I would argue that it is stainless who derails the threads, He chooses to make comments he KNOWS will invite the comments he gets.

Then why join him in his game? Beckenj is right, if you don't like the threads being derailed, then don't derail them. If no one joins him, his fun is taken away, and he will stop. I think he's got some people here so wound up that some of his innocuous comments are taken as a challenge to argue with him, with the person playing right into what he wants.

Ezerharden

Then why join him in his game? Beckenj is right, if you don't like the threads being derailed, then don't derail them. If no one joins him, his fun is taken away, and he will stop. I think he's got some people here so wound up that some of his innocuous comments are taken as a challenge to argue with him, with the person playing right into what he wants.

Yep, you are right! Let him continue with unchallenged posts advocating violence and illegal/improper carrying of a handgun. Then when a new person, who knows nothing about OC reads it, they will assume that it must be ok because no one challenged it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheQ

Yep, you are right! Let him continue with unchallenged posts advocating violence and illegal/improper carrying of a handgun. Then when a new person, who knows nothing about OC reads it, they will assume that it must be ok because no one challenged it.

That's my thought, if no one says stuff to disagree with him -- he will be used as an example by others who may not agree with our cause.

Tucker6900

That's my thought, if no one says stuff to disagree with him -- he will be used as an example by others who may not agree with our cause.

Ok, good point. But there is no need for personal attacks. I know some of you question his character, but its really not your business. He is who he is.

If you disagree with his statements, reply with a civil post. No need for personal attacks. If he starts getting under your skin....IGNORE HIM

Man I feel like Im talking to my children.

pfries

Lets see who gets this

So why purple ? Realy now why not green or yellow have ya got somthing against purple?
how about this we use white.... Then if you do not want to read sarcastic comments don't right click and highlight.
for the record this would have been in purple but I choose not to discriminate and white is every color...

Ezerharden

Lets see who gets this

So why purple ? Realy now why not green or yellow have ya got somthing against purple?
how about this we use white.... Then if you do not want to read sarcastic comments don't right click and highlight.
for the record this would have been in purple but I choose not to discriminate and white is every color...

:lol: :banana: Very good!!

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator

Where did I say not to challenge him? What I am saying by "Don't play the game" is that responses which go above merely challenging him by including personal criticism is playing into his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.