• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Henderson BBQ Saturday, Sept. 29 th at 11

Merlin

I have a friend that I will likely try to bring who does beer-brats, and they are frickin' awesome. As the date gets closer, I will rope him in. He is new to OC, so this would be a perfect opportunity to warm him up to it.

The Big Guy

Change in plans

I could not get reservations where I wanted, O'Callaghan Park. Looks like they have some big doins' there that day. I have reserved the big shelter in the center of Morrell Park, same park as last year, next to the big playground and the restrooms. It has a total of 8 tables so we should have plenty of room. I think it has 4 BBQ pits. The reservation is from 11 am to 4pm.

It is located on the corner of Major and Harris Street, just off Boulder Highway in Henderson. If you need further directions, let me know.

Hope to have a good turnout.

TBG

Lasjayhawk

Count me in, it would be nice to put faces to names. Put me on the list for bringing whatever you think we need more of when the date gets close and you have a good handle on what others are bringing.

TBG: Might it be a thoughtful idea to invite some of the Henderson officials that have been helpful in your quest to fix signage / policies / laws? Sort of a thank you for addressing our concerns. Just a thought.

The Big Guy

head count please.

Ok it looks so far like we might have a good crowd. Can I get a more accurate count. Let me know how many each of us will be bringing. My crew stands at 6, 2 adults, 4 kids.

TBG

The Big Guy

Count me in, it would be nice to put faces to names. Put me on the list for bringing whatever you think we need more of when the date gets close and you have a good handle on what others are bringing.

TBG: Might it be a thoughtful idea to invite some of the Henderson officials that have been helpful in your quest to fix signage / policies / laws? Sort of a thank you for addressing our concerns. Just a thought.

I invited them last year and hey, the cops drove by a couple of times..

TBG

Sabotage70

I'll be bringing myself. I guess I can take the bus to get there.

Let us know your whereabouts and maybe someone can give you a ride.

TBG

I live in Southern Highlands. If needed I should be able to give you a ride.

I think my wife is off that weekend so if I can talk her into it that will make 2.

SOUTHSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DooFstersGirl

Re: Time for Henderson in the park BBQ

We should be able to come.. it'll be 4 total..2 adults 2 kids

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk 2

Frantic84

Def Coming, plan to bring a friend . . .trying to get the wife and kids to come along but will see... any suggestion on what my wife should make and bring? . . she loves to cook. Also she is known for her desserts.

does anyone know how long these things usually go? my friend needs to be at work 3-3:30 that day.

The Big Guy

Def Coming, plan to bring a friend . . .trying to get the wife and kids to come along but will see... any suggestion on what my wife should make and bring? . . she loves to cook. Also she is known for her desserts.

does anyone know how long these things usually go? my friend needs to be at work 3-3:30 that day.

Desserts are always good.

It is very informal. We have the shelter from 11am to 4 pm and we can start cookin' and eatin' anytime. We just sit, or stand around and tell old lies and war stories. Come when you want, leave when you want. No one has a gun to your head. (Another bad joke brought to you by TBG)

TBG