Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: "30 Days - Gun Nation" T.V. Show

  1. #1
    Regular Member HighFlyingA380's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    West St. Louis County (Ellisville)
    Posts
    301

    "30 Days - Gun Nation" T.V. Show

    30 Days - Gun Nation

    (It's kinda long, 42 minutes, but worth the watch.)

    I know it's older, but this is the first I have ever heard about or seen it. They have a gun control activist live with "gun nuts" for 30 days. Very interesting insight into the other side. Sadly, for me, it just enforces the fact that the anti crowd is simple uninformed on the subject, and for the most part, unwilling to become educated on the subject.

    I feel they did a pretty good job, but I feel they could have done a better job of easing her into it in order to avoid the emotional breakdown which, for a short time, only strengthened her mental block.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...

  2. #2
    Regular Member JohnMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    112
    Less than 4 minutes in and she has admitted to having a therapist. I'll finish watching and post my thoughts.

  3. #3
    Regular Member JohnMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    112
    I got sick of watching it. Everything she was spewing was an emotional response.

  4. #4
    Regular Member HighFlyingA380's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    West St. Louis County (Ellisville)
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMoses View Post
    Less than 4 minutes in and she has admitted to having a therapist. I'll finish watching and post my thoughts.
    My thought exactly. Did a face-palm when she said it.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMoses View Post
    I got sick of watching it. Everything she was spewing was an emotional response.
    I agree, but it gives a bit more insight for others on how to address anti's in our day-to-day discussions. I thought it ironic that in the beginning she stated, "My biggest fear is arguing with somebody that doesn't have their facts right." then, in typical fashion, continue to argue with incorrect facts and personal opinion.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...

  5. #5
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,273
    I can only watch a few minutes at a time, she is extremely annoying emotional wreck, wonder if that is typical of most anti's.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    30k gun deaths a year? Is that world wide?

    Where do they get that number from?

    Yeah, only police officers and soldiers need guns..... I am already getting sick from watching this.... I will hold out and see what happens.

    Oh yeah and Rambo's M16s? I thought he had M60s.
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 08-27-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  7. #7
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    30k gun deaths a year? Is that world wide?

    Where do they get that number from?

    Yeah, only police officers and soldiers need guns..... I am already getting sick from watching this.... I will hold out and see what happens.

    Oh yeah and Rambo's M16s? I thought he had M60s.
    About 20,000 suicides by gun and about 1,000 justified homicides.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    About 20,000 suicides by gun and about 1,000 justified homicides.
    That is 21K, where did they get 30k from?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  9. #9
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    9k unjustified homicides.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    About 20,000 suicides by gun and about 1,000 justified homicides.
    The suicides are just a smoke screen. Studies have been done to determine if there's a correlation between the availability of firearms and suicides here in the U.S. and the answer is a resounding "No." The availability of firearms has no bearing on the per-capita suicide rate. The conclusion is that when people want to go, they find a way.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    The suicides are just a smoke screen. Studies have been done to determine if there's a correlation between the availability of firearms and suicides here in the U.S. and the answer is a resounding "No." The availability of firearms has no bearing on the per-capita suicide rate. The conclusion is that when people want to go, they find a way.
    K, but the question was "how did they come up with 30k firearm deaths." To which the answer is that a majority are suicides.

  12. #12
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    I saw this several years ago but I did watch it again a few minutes ago. I have known people like her and for the most part, they were not as open to hearing the other side as "Pia" was in this video. They are a very hard egg to crack and are convinced that guns are evil and should not be in the hands of citizens. They are firm in their resolve that all guns should be confiscated from the public. Certainly there are degrees of thought with these people but more often than not, the real hardcore ones are adamantly oppose to private ownership of firearms.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  13. #13
    Regular Member hammer6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    I saw this several years ago but I did watch it again a few minutes ago. I have known people like her and for the most part, they were not as open to hearing the other side as "Pia" was in this video. They are a very hard egg to crack and are convinced that guns are evil and should not be in the hands of citizens. They are firm in their resolve that all guns should be confiscated from the public. Certainly there are degrees of thought with these people but more often than not, the real hardcore ones are adamantly oppose to private ownership of firearms.
    I'm getting fed up just reading these comments lol

  14. #14
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    I'm getting fed up just reading these comments lol
    Glad you included the "lol", otherwise I may have thought you meant the other part.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    K, but the question was "how did they come up with 30k firearm deaths." To which the answer is that a majority are suicides.
    And the second half... (wait for it...)

    Is that it hasn't mattered whether firearms have been readily available or not - suicide rates remain the same aka conclusion, the means matters not, ergo, restricting the means only restricts our RKBA -- it does nothing to curb suicide rates, as people find a way regardless.

    The point is that less than 1,500 accidental firearms deaths exist per year in the U.S. Let's begin with that.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •