Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie theater carry

Movie theater carry

Can someone please explain to me why movie theaters think banning weapons will stop shootings? When will people learn that gun free zones do not stop gun violence. Look at Chicago it has the strictest gun control and the highest gun violence. GUN CONTROL ONLY STOPS LAW ABIDING CITIZENS FROM CARRYINNG, CRIMINALS AND LUNITICS WILL CARY REGARDLESS. -and that is my rant for the week.

Be glad you're in VA then. All they can do is ask you to leave the property as those signs don't have the force of law. I personally won't go to a theatre UNLESS I am carrying. And given that it's concealed, they won't know I have it unless there is a need for it.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    Be glad you're in VA then. All they can do is ask you to leave the property as those signs don't have the force of law. I personally won't go to a theatre UNLESS I am carrying. And given that it's concealed, they won't know I have it unless there is a need for it.
    Uh oh....here we go again.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

If my weapon is concealed and I for sure am not going to tell anyone I have it. I will still carry and if they do find out I will say I did not see the sign and please give me back my $20.00 for the popcorn and coke. The criminals are gonna do what they like and a sign is not gonna do a thing to protect me or my family. I will deal with the law issues once I have made sure no harm comes to myself or family.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Uh oh....here we go again.
    Yep!

Movie theater carry

20 dollars?!?! Where do you go that cheap?

Criminals don't like LAC's with firearms. Theater wants $20 for popcorn and a coke. And you wonder why they want you disarmed!

Then again I live in a state where you can OC and CC and my wife carries 44 magnum that fits nicely in her purse and no one has a clue. I love the fact that my wife carries and is very proficient with her weapon. She takes my 12,8 and 5 year old to the movies and I don't worry a bit. The town the movie theater is in has no police force and if something happened it would be to late by the time they got there.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    And given that it's concealed
    Oh... it's a GIVEN that you carry concealed? and you post this on an OPEN CARRY board because why?

I OPEN CARRY at the Cobb theater in Leesburg with no issues.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

I open carry,but what I meant was I will not stop carrying a weapon because of a stupid sign. I will protect myself and family. I will always open carry.
    Last edited by Miketech; 08-27-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber_Olafsun View Post
    20 dollars?!?! Where do you go that cheap?
    I get movies for 5 bucks per person before noon at fairfax corner O.o

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miketech View Post
    I open carry,but what I meant was I will not stop carrying a weapon because of a stupid sign. I will protect myself and family. I will always open carry.
    How about being willing to protect your family by staying out of places that ask you to leave your firearm behind. In this situation you retain the ability to lawfully defend your family and honor the rights of the property owner. Sounds like a win-win.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    Oh... it's a GIVEN that you carry concealed? and you post this on an OPEN CARRY board because why?

I do too as well.. If a theater wants to restrict my rights, then they get no $$$ from me.

ANY business that forces me to either conceal, OR has a no gun policy does not deserve my hard earned dollars

No Guns, No Funds!
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Kowalski View Post
    I do too as well.. If a theater wants to restrict my rights, then they get no $$$ from me.

ANY business that forces me to either conceal, OR has a no gun policy does not deserve my hard earned dollars

No Guns, No Funds!
    Gee, you guys are starting to sound....radical!

Oc in theaters

As a Florida resident (formerly VA), we cannot OC- wish we could. A point that I haven't heard yet, but probably not original, is this: What if Aurora, CO allowed OC (I don't think they do), and Cinemark Theaters allowed weapons (which they don't), and the Holmes guy walked into the theater and saw all of the LACs OC'ing? He probably wouldn't have gone out to his car and returned to kill.

I might catch some flack for this, but I honestly don't care whether or not I OC or CC, as long as I have my handgun on me. I split it about 50/50 (OC/CC) and it really just depends on what I'm wearing and what I feel like doing for the day. That being said, ff I'm open carrying, and a place denies me business(which has yet to happen), then that will be the last time I set foot in there regardless of how I carry my handgun.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by MainelyGlock View Post
    I might catch some flack for this, but I honestly don't care whether or not I OC or CC, as long as I have my handgun on me. I split it about 50/50 (OC/CC) and it really just depends on what I'm wearing and what I feel like doing for the day. That being said, ff I'm open carrying, and a place denies me business(which has yet to happen), then that will be the last time I set foot in there regardless of how I carry my handgun.
    Why would you catch flak about that. It doesn't matter how you carry.

Now if you were to CC to a theater that only allows CC (There are a few)...you might want to wear your hard hat.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Why would you catch flak about that. It doesn't matter how you carry.

Now if you were to CC to a theater that only allows CC (There are a few)...you might want to wear your hard hat.
    Haha. I'm not sure why, exactly. There's a lot of people on this forum who seem to be very much against concealed carry. That could just be my paranoia though
    Once more into the fray.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Haha. I'm not sure why, exactly. There's a lot of people on this forum who seem to be very much against concealed carry. That could just be my paranoia though
    Not against concealed carry, just dedicated to promoting and defending open carry. There is a big difference in the 2 POVs.

Personally I don't care how others carry, although I would like to introduce them to the benefits of OCing. Whether they OC, CC, or noC, what is important to me is that they not interfere with our right to chose for ourselves how we shall carry.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Activist Member FireFighterchen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Not against concealed carry, just dedicated to promoting and defending open carry. There is a big difference in the 2 POVs.

Personally I don't care how others carry, although I would like to introduce them to the benefits of OCing. Whether they OC, CC, or noC, what is important to me is that they not interfere with our right to chose for ourselves how we shall carry.
    And it seems that these 2 POV get mixed up EVERYWHERE. It would seem, in all the forums I visit, it's the OC defending, and the CC bashing. Although, I must admit, I am being pushed towards the anti CC position just because of all the anti-OC stuff going around. Gotta fight the urge though.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    There's a lot of people on this forum who seem to be very much against concealed carry.
    I am not against CC either.. I do it every day. Most days I OC and CC at the same time. What I don't like is the CC'ers of the world.. that know CC is the way we ALL should carry because their CC instructor told them so.. and they come here asking all types of CC questions CC issues and CC laws and CC holsters, etc..
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Glad to read all those responses to my post. I stand [happily] corrected!
    Once more into the fray.

Raymond Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post

"And given that it's concealed..." ie: AT THE THEATER WITH THE GUNBUSTER SIGN. Yeah, I'd really like to see you walk in there OCing with cops in the lobby and see how that works out. All the theaters in my area have those stupid signs up so no matter what I wish, if I want to see a new movie that's how it is.

I am not against CC either.. What I don't like is the anti OC'ers of the world.. that tell us CC is the way we ALL should carry because they CC, their CHP instructor told them so, or their a CHP instructor (crappy one) hocking their wears.. and/or they come here telling us how they CC'd without issue, asking all types of stupid CC questions, CC issues and CC laws and CC holsters and proceed to tell us we should all bend to the rights violators.

Case in point the post above this one...
    Last edited by Marco; 08-28-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I am not against CC either.. What I don't like is the anti OC'ers of the world.. that tell us CC is the way we ALL should carry because they CC, their CHP instructor told them so, or their a CHP instructor (crappy one) hocking their wears.. and/or they come here telling us how they CC'd without issue, asking all types of stupid CC questions, CC issues and CC laws and CC holsters and proceed to tell us we should all bend to the rights violators.

Case in point the post above this one...
    Uh huh... and you're not paying attention to what I said either. Let me try to put this as simply as I can in hopes to remedy the confusion...

I OC and CC, either is fine and really depends on how I feel that day or where I'm going. In THIS case, I HAVE to CC. I want to see the movie but refuse to be unarmed, all the theaters in my area have the stupid "no gun" signs. Therefore I CC into the theater and no one is the wiser, including the cops in the lobby.

Now... where did I say CC was the ONLY way to go? Where did I say I don't OC? Try reading and comprehending next time before judging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast