• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Movie theater carry

FoxtrotDelta

Can someone please explain to me why movie theaters think banning weapons will stop shootings? When will people learn that gun free zones do not stop gun violence. Look at Chicago it has the strictest gun control and the highest gun violence. GUN CONTROL ONLY STOPS LAW ABIDING CITIZENS FROM CARRYINNG, CRIMINALS AND LUNITICS WILL CARY REGARDLESS. -and that is my rant for the week.

Numenor

Be glad you're in VA then. All they can do is ask you to leave the property as those signs don't have the force of law. I personally won't go to a theatre UNLESS I am carrying. And given that it's concealed, they won't know I have it unless there is a need for it.

Miketech

If my weapon is concealed and I for sure am not going to tell anyone I have it. I will still carry and if they do find out I will say I did not see the sign and please give me back my $20.00 for the popcorn and coke. The criminals are gonna do what they like and a sign is not gonna do a thing to protect me or my family. I will deal with the law issues once I have made sure no harm comes to myself or family.

Lasjayhawk

Criminals don't like LAC's with firearms. Theater wants $20 for popcorn and a coke. And you wonder why they want you disarmed! :monkey

Miketech

Then again I live in a state where you can OC and CC and my wife carries 44 magnum that fits nicely in her purse and no one has a clue. I love the fact that my wife carries and is very proficient with her weapon. She takes my 12,8 and 5 year old to the movies and I don't worry a bit. The town the movie theater is in has no police force and if something happened it would be to late by the time they got there.

Miketech

I open carry,but what I meant was I will not stop carrying a weapon because of a stupid sign. I will protect myself and family. I will always open carry.

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I open carry,but what I meant was I will not stop carrying a weapon because of a stupid sign. I will protect myself and family. I will always open carry.

How about being willing to protect your family by staying out of places that ask you to leave your firearm behind. In this situation you retain the ability to lawfully defend your family and honor the rights of the property owner. Sounds like a win-win.

Walt_Kowalski

Oh... it's a GIVEN that you carry concealed? and you post this on an OPEN CARRY board because why?

I OPEN CARRY at the Cobb theater in Leesburg with no issues.

I do too as well.. If a theater wants to restrict my rights, then they get no $$$ from me.

ANY business that forces me to either conceal, OR has a no gun policy does not deserve my hard earned dollars

No Guns, No Funds!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I do too as well.. If a theater wants to restrict my rights, then they get no $$$ from me.

ANY business that forces me to either conceal, OR has a no gun policy does not deserve my hard earned dollars

No Guns, No Funds!

Gee, you guys are starting to sound....radical!:p

MackTheKnife

Oc in theaters

As a Florida resident (formerly VA), we cannot OC- wish we could. A point that I haven't heard yet, but probably not original, is this: What if Aurora, CO allowed OC (I don't think they do), and Cinemark Theaters allowed weapons (which they don't), and the Holmes guy walked into the theater and saw all of the LACs OC'ing? He probably wouldn't have gone out to his car and returned to kill.

MainelyGlock

I might catch some flack for this, but I honestly don't care whether or not I OC or CC, as long as I have my handgun on me. I split it about 50/50 (OC/CC) and it really just depends on what I'm wearing and what I feel like doing for the day. That being said, ff I'm open carrying, and a place denies me business(which has yet to happen), then that will be the last time I set foot in there regardless of how I carry my handgun.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I might catch some flack for this, but I honestly don't care whether or not I OC or CC, as long as I have my handgun on me. I split it about 50/50 (OC/CC) and it really just depends on what I'm wearing and what I feel like doing for the day. That being said, ff I'm open carrying, and a place denies me business(which has yet to happen), then that will be the last time I set foot in there regardless of how I carry my handgun.

Why would you catch flak about that. It doesn't matter how you carry.

Now if you were to CC to a theater that only allows CC (There are a few)...you might want to wear your hard hat.:lol:

MainelyGlock

Why would you catch flak about that. It doesn't matter how you carry.

Now if you were to CC to a theater that only allows CC (There are a few)...you might want to wear your hard hat.:lol:

Haha. I'm not sure why, exactly. There's a lot of people on this forum who seem to be very much against concealed carry. That could just be my paranoia though :shocker:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Haha. I'm not sure why, exactly. There's a lot of people on this forum who seem to be very much against concealed carry. That could just be my paranoia though :shocker:

Not against concealed carry, just dedicated to promoting and defending open carry. There is a big difference in the 2 POVs.

Personally I don't care how others carry, although I would like to introduce them to the benefits of OCing. Whether they OC, CC, or noC, what is important to me is that they not interfere with our right to chose for ourselves how we shall carry.

FireFighterchen

Activist Member
Not against concealed carry, just dedicated to promoting and defending open carry. There is a big difference in the 2 POVs.

Personally I don't care how others carry, although I would like to introduce them to the benefits of OCing. Whether they OC, CC, or noC, what is important to me is that they not interfere with our right to chose for ourselves how we shall carry.

And it seems that these 2 POV get mixed up EVERYWHERE. It would seem, in all the forums I visit, it's the OC defending, and the CC bashing. Although, I must admit, I am being pushed towards the anti CC position just because of all the anti-OC stuff going around. Gotta fight the urge though.