• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pikes Peak Community College

ZackL

So, I'm attending school again at PPCC, and have, to my dismay, found every entrance to both Rampart Range and Falcon campuses posted with no weapons carry because they say there's no exceptions other than LEO's and the President of the School on K-12 school grounds. I don't get how it's K-12 (or how the president is exempted) at all campuses though. Unless it's one campus (Falcon) and then they just say that they're all K-12 now. Just something I figured I'd post on here since there is another college thread up and running. Something someone with more research skills than I can probably figure out.

Deserteagle8338

Just what I thought, concealed carry is allowed. But we dont need somebody to tell us that to figure it out.

The name of the location you want to carry has the word "college" in it. And the CO Supreme Court recently ruled that people with permits cannot be stopped from lawfully carrying on college campuses.

Keyword: college

They can still ban open carry, and dont forget, you must have a valid Colorado ccw permit.

Last edited:

ZackL

*facepalm* I'm kinda... well... I'd like to blame it on stress for the last couple months, but that doesn't really cover all that, does it? Thanks for doing the leg work, and sorry my brain isn't really where it should be... Next semester, I think I go to Centennial Campus.

Yeah, it's been a lot of late nights, long days and too much thinking lately. In any event, I apologize for my inadequacies that could be construed as laziness.