• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun control debate on kcts 9

Dave Workman

found this tonight while surfing.
all our friends were there.
an hour long and well ballanced.
hope this link will work for you.

http://kcts9.org/public-matters-cr-douglas/guns-control-safety-and-rights

I did a couple of Examiner pieces on this, and one of them really raised eyebrows and blood pressure. The program aired originally back on Aug. 6

http://www.examiner.com/article/public-matters-program-monday-evening-targets-guns

"How Many Guns are Too Many?"

http://www.examiner.com/article/how-many-guns-are-too-many

Freedom1Man

Dave Ross:
That’s exactly right. So, if I show up at a street fair for example, and there are a lot of people openly carrying their firearms, like if I encountered, let’s say, a dozen of them as I was going booth to booth.

C.R. Douglas:
And that’s legal in Washington.

Dave Ross:
I would probably go home. Because that tells me that there are enough people concerned that something bad is going to happen that maybe I should find a safer street fair.

C.R. Douglas:
But what if you knew that at the Ballard Street Fair, this year, there was gonna be more than usual concealed weapons carriers.

Dave Ross:
If, I’m the kind of guy who if I don’t see it, it doesn’t particularly scare me. Uh, so yes, if one hundred percent of them were carrying concealed weapons and didn’t print it on their jackets so I could tell, then I wouldn’t be worried.

This !

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I found it to be very supportive of fact that it is a persons right to keep and bear arms, legal for people to carry in Washington State and Preemption applied regardless of what the anti's complain about.

Pointing out gun free zones are not safety zones but disarmament zones for the law abiding.
Mostly from the anti group that was present it will all conjecture of fears they have accumulated over the years for example where it was stated he trusted people with a CPL more then someone open carrying, hmmm most people I know who open carry also have a CPL?

In the scenario presented the prosecutor stated there would be no violation of law if a citizen responded and was in legal possession of the firearm, while later she raised her hand at the end to indicate she felt that more guns means less security is her opinion and as long as she abides by the law there is no issue.

All in all there were more anti unrealistic views then pro gun but that is the world we generally live in, especially when it comes to news programs concerning firearms.

1911er

Good video

Thanks for posting that Bob it brought out some realy valid points against the antis. especialy when " Fakeatelli wouldn't answer the question(would you thank him for saving your and your families life} if allen stopped the shooter in the senario. And the ass wouldn't even thank him.

EMNofSeattle

I actually liked the program. I mean I'm sure C.R. may sympathize slightly more with the anti's, but he seemed fair in the program, I mean everybody got grilled.

My favorite part was the Facitelli (I know I spelled it wrong) claimed that "this never happens" in reference to gun owners stopping mass shootings. I think there was community college in Virginia in which an armed student stopped a rampage, and of course the Appalachia school of law shooting. I mean he said "this has NEVER happened" which shows just how misinformed he is, I wish Gottlieb had pointed that out right away.

tombrewster421

I actually liked the program. I mean I'm sure C.R. may sympathize slightly more with the anti's, but he seemed fair in the program, I mean everybody got grilled.

My favorite part was the Facitelli (I know I spelled it wrong) claimed that "this never happens" in reference to gun owners stopping mass shootings. I think there was community college in Virginia in which an armed student stopped a rampage, and of course the Appalachia school of law shooting. I mean he said "this has NEVER happened" which shows just how misinformed he is, I wish Gottlieb had pointed that out right away.

It happened in a college in Idaho. Students went out to get their rifles from the rack in their truck to stop the bad guy.