Thread: lapel mike

lapel mike

Looking for a good and cheap lapel mike so I can keep my recorder secure when I am on my motorcycle.
    I keep it in my shirt now and am affraid it my come out on the hwy.

Mike

lapel mike

What kind of recorder do you have? That might help us make better recommendations.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    What kind of recorder do you have? That might help us make better recommendations.
    Sony IC recorder I believe 3.5mm plug

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Do you mean lapel "Mic"??? As in Microphone? Because I don't know of any guys named Mike that would hide under your lapel holding a recorder for you. Ok, enough of the smart ass comments from me. I have 2 different kinds for my recorder (Olympus) but they do not have their brand name on them and for the life of me I can't remember who makes them.

But one has a shorter cord and larger Mic head. This is nice for what you are talking about.(the one I use the most) Fits well without a mile of extra cord to hide. The other is about 9 inches longer than the first one I described, has a smaller head but requires an in-line watch battery to make it work. If your battery dies then you lose your mic. Plus as I said the mile of extra cord.

The sound quality is the same for both and I believe they both cost about the same. Radio shack, wal-mart and about any other retail store carries them.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.