• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

lapel mike

ps1mhd

Looking for a good and cheap lapel mike so I can keep my recorder secure when I am on my motorcycle.
I keep it in my shirt now and am affraid it my come out on the hwy.

Mike

self preservation

Do you mean lapel "Mic"??? As in Microphone? Because I don't know of any guys named Mike that would hide under your lapel holding a recorder for you. :D Ok, enough of the smart ass comments from me. I have 2 different kinds for my recorder (Olympus) but they do not have their brand name on them and for the life of me I can't remember who makes them.

But one has a shorter cord and larger Mic head. This is nice for what you are talking about.(the one I use the most) Fits well without a mile of extra cord to hide. The other is about 9 inches longer than the first one I described, has a smaller head but requires an in-line watch battery to make it work. If your battery dies then you lose your mic. Plus as I said the mile of extra cord.

The sound quality is the same for both and I believe they both cost about the same. Radio shack, wal-mart and about any other retail store carries them.