• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed customer shoots dollar store robber

Outdoorsman

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...r-shoots-dollar-store-robber-killing-him?lite

"According to the report, the customer -- a 57-year-old grandfather -- and two store employees were inside the Dollar General store Monday around 9 p.m. when two armed men entered the store with the intention to rob it."

"The customer, who has a concealed weapon permit, shot and killed one of the intruders, FirstCoastNews.com reported."

Beretta92FSLady

The link:
“He shoots in competitions, but this is the first time he’s ever killed anyone and I don’t know how he’ll handle that.”

An officer friend gave me a list of things to stay away from post shooting: Drugs, Alcohol, get plenty of sleep, and if you need to talk to someone, don't me afraid to reach out. Shooting another human being is a violent thing, no matter how you dice it.

Hope the man is well. BTW, nice shot!

Last edited:

MainelyGlock

The link:

An officer friend gave me a list of things to stay away from post shooting: Drugs, Alcohol, get plenty of sleep, and if you need to talk to someone, don't me afraid to reach out. Shooting another human being is a violent thing, no matter how you dice it.

Hope the man is well. BTW, nice shot!

+1. Well said.

j4l

Ah, I posted too, as well, in Real tales- sorry for double-post.
But- Local response to this by most has been overwhelmingly supportive. Place that was robbed is about 10 minutes from me.

Beretta92FSLady

Ah, I posted too, as well, in Real tales- sorry for double-post.
But- Local response to this by most has been overwhelmingly supportive. Place that was robbed is about 10 minutes from me.

I am under the impression the other perp wasn't caught; has he been apprehended yet?

j4l

Not as far as we've heard, yet. No accurate discription of the get-away veh. yet, either, so.. doubt there will be much happening on that end.
Let's hope for now, that Homie is hunkered-down somewhere scraping the dung out of his boxers..