• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DNC Opening Islamic Prayers

Ken56

I didn't see where it had anything to do with the DNC, just a group 'hosting' this prayer event and not part of the DNC convention. Your heading makes it sound like it IS the DNC.

jbone

And I don't see where this religion bashing has anything to do with OC, cc, or guns.

Poster wasn't bashing, poster was stating opinion.

All the other religions get their fair share of attention on the forum. Let's not hold one so-called religion exempt from examination and opinion. Your right, it doesn't have anything to do with OC, cc, or guns, and it doesn't have to as long as it's posted in the Social Lounge, easy mod fix.

Islam does not believe in individual freedom, so I guess you could tie that in...

Law abider

Poster wasn't bashing, poster was stating opinion.

All the other religions get their fair share of attention on the forum. Let's not hold one so-called religion exempt from examination and opinion. Your right, it doesn't have anything to do with OC, cc, or guns, and it doesn't have to as long as it's posted in the Social Lounge, easy mod fix.

Islam does not believe in individual freedom, so I guess you could tie that in...

Thanks Bro. That is what I had in mind. Islam is hostile to women inparticular and since the DNC is prone to economic slavery, Islam suits them well to take all freedom away violently.

CO-Joe

I don't get it. If I rented a hall near the DNC and said I was having a Satanic sacrifice and prayer ritual (at the DNC) and invited all of the democrat big wigs, and got my little event listed on a third party site (that looks to be city run) which is apparently dedicated to listing and helping visitors find events they might be interested in attending in Charlotte during the DNC, then the DNC would also be the official host to Satanists group?

'cause from what I gather, that's pretty much what's going on if you replace Satanic with Muslim and Satanists with Islamic. It looks like a privately held, publicly open affair. Ohmygosh, critical thinking.

Law abider

I don't get it. If I rented a hall near the DNC and said I was having a Satanic sacrifice and prayer ritual (at the DNC) and invited all of the democrat big wigs, and got my little event listed on a third party site (that looks to be city run) which is apparently dedicated to listing and helping visitors find events they might be interested in attending in Charlotte during the DNC, then the DNC would also be the official host to Satanists group?

'cause from what I gather, that's pretty much what's going on if you replace Satanic with Muslim and Satanists with Islamic. It looks like a privately held, publicly open affair. Ohmygosh, critical thinking.

The article says HOST COMMITTEE. That's the link. Democratic host committee refused the cardinal's opening prayers. The HOST COMMITTEE is composed of Democrats promoting the Democratic agenda of the DNC and they promoted the Islamic Prayers. our founders in the first amendment didn't want an establishment of religion, meaning recognition of a particular Christian denomination by the Federal Government. Nor do I believe they would want to establish or recognize any religion either as an official Federal religion. However the country is according to SCOTUS a Christian nation, meaning that people in general are Christian in name only or in reality. A Christian nation also implies that our juresprudence is based on the laws in the Hebrew bible or the Old teatament, not the Sharia or other legal syayems of the world.

CO-Joe

The article says HOST COMMITTEE. That's the link. Democratic host committee refused the cardinal's opening prayers. The HOST COMMITTEE is composed of Democrats promoting the Democratic agenda of the DNC and they promoted the Islamic Prayers. our founders in the first amendment didn't want an establishment of religion, meaning recognition of a particular Christian denomination by the Federal Government. Nor do I believe they would want to establish or recognize any religion either as an official Federal religion. However the country is according to SCOTUS a Christian nation, meaning that people in general are Christian in name only or in reality. A Christian nation also implies that our juresprudence is based on the laws in the Hebrew bible or the Old teatament, not the Sharia or other legal syayems of the world.

That's so full of cognitive dissonance that I'm stunned. Our legal system is based on English common law, which itself borrows strongly from pre-christian Anglo-Saxon, Roman and early Germanic law. The entire idea for a trifecta of powers which are separated (executive, legislative and judiciary) comes from Anglo-Saxon legal tradition, one house of the legislative branch was given a Roman name (senate), the rest is draws very closely from English parliamentary system, with different names. I'm a mere product of public education, what are you?

The Founders, I think, didn't want to have tie-ins with religion-based legal systems of any sort. If you can point out specifically how our legal system mirrors Mosaic Law, you know, I'd be real interested to hear that. The only commonalities I can personally think of are commandments 6-10, which are pretty much representative in any civilized society's laws. Or do you also want to recognize Japan as Christian, because they have similar ideas about how things are run?

Also, upon examination*, The "HOST COMMITTEE" which you referred to so boldly, is a nonpartisan Charlotte, N.C. based organization (i.e. the city which is *****HOST***** to the damned event!) which put the calender of events website up, where *users could submit their own events to the website*, just like I surmised in my prior post. Hosting a convention is a big deal to the economy of a City. It's entirely possible that individual Republicans were involved in the committee. In fact, it looks like there was at least one, Richard Vinroot, who was a Republican MAYOR of the city from '91-95, and gubernatorial candidate for the Republican party multiple times**.

*Enlighten yourself here: http://factcheck.org/2012/08/muslim-prayer-service-at-the-dnc/

**Sources:
http://charlottein2012.com/steering_and_host_committee_membership/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Vinroot

I think you all are letting your blind hatred for a certain party and certain political ideology blind yourselves to fact that you're being led around by the nose. If the Catholics wanted a prayer party like the Islamists, they could have hosted their own event. I'm not surprised that they were turned down for an official prayer service, nor am I shocked or appalled, so long as they turn down every religion equally!

Last edited: