• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun transfer

mp06011999

Glad that's over

Got my firearm Saturday. It was an on-line retailer purchase and Bargain Pawn was the FFL. Man, what a pain in the butt at Bargain Pawn.

I'm glad it was only $15, but it took about an hour with mountains of paperwork and I had to listen to the pawn shop employee go on and on. He was way too full of himself. I admit that initially, the conversation was okay and a bit engaging, but when he said that carrying a firearm in Nevada was a privilege like driving a car, I realized conversing with Alan was a waste of time. I didn't even realize just how insulting he was until after we left and my wife told me that he had an opinion about EVERYTHING and none of which did he ever give me the benefit of the doubt that I was doing correctly. She had tuned him out right from the start. Sad how he could ruin such a joyous occasion of getting a new handgun. It took a few hours to "brush him off".

Anyhow, got my on-line dealer's awesome price and just $15 for the FFL to transfer as I had wanted. Spent a little longer in the ghetto than I liked listening to a 45 year old pawn store clerk tell me how brilliant he was (and how so apparently flawed I am), but it's over now and I don't see me ever going back to Bargain Pawn.

Disclaimer: In 43 years I have only ever been in a pawn shop twice. Once was with my mom who wanted to shop jewelry at a Super Pawn and then this time for the FFL transfer at Bargain Pawn. Both times I got the impression from the workers that they definitely feel like they are better than you. Probably from much of the trash they have to deal with, I'm sure.

Vegassteve

Thats to bad. I dont know who Alan is but Glen would never have done that. And there should only have been the one form to go through. Oh and the blue card form, so shouldnt have been any mountains of paper. What the heck did you have to do so much paperwork for?

mp06011999

Thats to bad. I dont know who Alan is but Glen would never have done that. And there should only have been the one form to go through. Oh and the blue card form, so shouldnt have been any mountains of paper. What the heck did you have to do so much paperwork for?

I wonder myself. Lol. Honestly though, I was so engaged with Alan that I honestly did not pay much attention to the mountain of paperwork. I know, I probably am going to receive tons of telemarketing calls and spam now. It really just seemed like the exact same information over and over again though. I never gave my social. It was just the same questions over and over again on several forms. Who knows.

Like I said, never going back there. I have never purchased a firearm in NV and haven't purchased any in over 10 years. I never recall it taking more than 15 minutes tops back then. Of course it never cost $25 for the ALREADY tax funded background check either.

It's over. I never gave any serious personal info. I probably opted in for crap galore spam. I got the wife her LCP for cheap and I saved money all the way around. Of course, according to Alan, "I wasted time and money driving cross town to save a few bucks". Not kidding. He said that!

Se la vi

mp06011999

Not your fault in the least. Actually, you saved me some coin. Thanks for that. As anyone who has been in Vegas for any length of time knows, we are a town full of flakes. Heck, I'm surprised when I meet a quality person. So, no worries. I still like it here. This was just par for the course. All's good.

mp06011999

Bargain Pawn

Yeah, saw that. Bummer. Oh well, I can no longer specifically recommend Bargain Pawn, as I don't know anyone else there.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I can tell folks to avoid Alan if they do go. He's the guy that says:

* Shoot smaller pistols with your middle finger and let your index finger rest along the side of the gun.
* Right To Carry is a privilege like driving.
* He can beat any "gun guy" using his knives.
* Exercising your right to remain silent when questioned by a cop is just gonna get him mad at you and you'll be arrested and/or beat up.

But I still saved money on the transfer so all's good ;-)