Thread: Gun Manufacturers may Move

Gun Manufacturers may Move

Cool! I went to school with Erich.

As for the idiots in New York: "“That’s the new threat: to move where that [gun] friendly state is,” she said. “It’s unfair of them to resist sensible regulation to save lives. It does not impact lawful gun ownership at all.”

WAAHHH!!! IT'S... (quivers lip) UNFAIR!!!!

Well, first, it's not sensible regulation, and it won't save a single life.

As for it not impacting lawful gun ownership, why yes, it does: $12 per gun, at a minimum. The hidden costs including lawful gun owners avoiding microstamped firearms like the plague.

Could put a LOT of gun businesses out of business.
    Last edited by since9; 08-29-2012 at 06:11 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

And lets not forget how insanely easy it would be for a criminal to simply file the firing pin a bit to remove this. And then there's the issue about replacement firing pins and what to do with them not having this tech on them.

This is only "sensible" to the sensless.

Good I could never understand why any Gun company would support a state with tax revenue from producing arms there. Sorry for the lost jobs but if people would take the little time to call their elected officials half this crap would never even get this far. Also if any company follows this nonsense no matter how much I lover their products I would refuse to give the company one single cent.
    Last edited by zack991; 08-29-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Activist Member
    This would do nothing to solve crimes; this would only return STOLEN firearms to their rightful owner (if NY law even allows this) after a crime had been committed and the gun found dumped somewhere. I doubt a criminal is going to go out and legally purchase a firearm in HIS/HER name and commit a crime with it! That would be rather ignorant on their part huh? And all this time I have been living under the impression that criminals try to NOT GET CAUGHT! If microstamping would work, then criminals commit crimes to get thrown in jail. These people don't have a sliver of common sense.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Never - EVER - dare someone to follow through with a perceived threat. You might not like the result.

Hey, Remington and Colt, come on down to Texas. We have plenty of space for gun manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    Never - EVER - dare someone to follow through with a perceived threat. You might not like the result.

Hey, Remington and Colt, come on down to Texas. We have plenty of space for gun manufacturers.
    I second that sentiment and we would gladly welcome them to Arizona as well!

-MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    I second that sentiment and we would gladly welcome them to Arizona as well!

-MH
    You take Remmington, we'll take Colt.

New Manufacturing Jobs Equals Improved Income Tax Revenues For States

Utah, Wyoming (LOTS of empty land on which to build there), Idaho and Montana would probably all be thrilled to have Remington and Colt... and any other firearms manufacturing company (we westerners - except for Kalifornya - are strong supporters of 2A). The states that successfully wooed these corporations, would not only give them substantial tax breaks, but they might even create new ones in order to get the jobs for their people. Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 09-15-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

If all the Major Gun Manufacturers were to build plants in each of the states that are friendly to them, then very few firearms would be considered as being involved in interstate commerce and Congress would have less authority to control them.

Take Montana as an example. The "Montana Firearms Freedom Act" does not require registration of firearms, parts or ammo that is manufactured and retained within its borders. That act went into effect in April of 2009 and at that time, Texas and Alaska were considering such legislation.

http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2009/billhtml/HB0246.htm
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    Take Montana as an example. The "Montana Firearms Freedom Act" does not require registration of firearms, parts or ammo that is manufactured and retained within its borders. That act went into effect in April of 2009 and at that time, Texas and Alaska were considering such legislation.

http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2009/billhtml/HB0246.htm
    If I'm not mistaken, the Texas legislature passed their equivalent law, and it has been in effect for about two years. I don't know about Alaska, and I'm too lazy today to look it up. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the Texas legislature passed their equivalent law, and it has been in effect for about two years. I don't know about Alaska, and I'm too lazy today to look it up. Pax...
    I'm sorry to say it but,
    2009 HB1863 died in calendars.
    2011 HB298 left pending in committee.

So they do it, and I install an after-market firing pin. Good to go!
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 09-15-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by normuser View Post
    damn!!
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!