• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Manufacturers may Move

since9

Campaign Veteran
Cool! I went to school with Erich. :)

As for the idiots in New York: "“That’s the new threat: to move where that [gun] friendly state is,” she said. “It’s unfair of them to resist sensible regulation to save lives. It does not impact lawful gun ownership at all.”

WAAHHH!!! IT'S... (quivers lip) UNFAIR!!!!

Well, first, it's not sensible regulation, and it won't save a single life.

As for it not impacting lawful gun ownership, why yes, it does: $12 per gun, at a minimum. The hidden costs including lawful gun owners avoiding microstamped firearms like the plague.

Could put a LOT of gun businesses out of business.

Last edited:

Aknazer

And lets not forget how insanely easy it would be for a criminal to simply file the firing pin a bit to remove this. And then there's the issue about replacement firing pins and what to do with them not having this tech on them.

This is only "sensible" to the sensless.

zack991

Good I could never understand why any Gun company would support a state with tax revenue from producing arms there. Sorry for the lost jobs but if people would take the little time to call their elected officials half this crap would never even get this far. Also if any company follows this nonsense no matter how much I lover their products I would refuse to give the company one single cent.

Last edited:

matt2636

Implementation of microstamping technology would cost roughly $12 per gun and would go a long way to helping solve crimes, she said.

“That’s the new threat: to move where that [gun] friendly state is,” she said. “It’s unfair of them to resist sensible regulation to save lives. It does not impact lawful gun ownership at all.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ead-remington-colt-to-relocate/#ixzz254Anw3lg

i find it funny how it says the technology would help "solve crimes" as if yes it might be eaiser after the crime has been committed then it goes to say “It’s unfair of them to resist sensible regulation to save lives." save what lives if the crime has been committed?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
This would do nothing to solve crimes; this would only return STOLEN firearms to their rightful owner (if NY law even allows this) after a crime had been committed and the gun found dumped somewhere. I doubt a criminal is going to go out and legally purchase a firearm in HIS/HER name and commit a crime with it! That would be rather ignorant on their part huh? And all this time I have been living under the impression that criminals try to NOT GET CAUGHT! If microstamping would work, then criminals commit crimes to get thrown in jail. These people don't have a sliver of common sense.

jsimmons

Never - EVER - dare someone to follow through with a perceived threat. You might not like the result.

Hey, Remington and Colt, come on down to Texas. We have plenty of space for gun manufacturers.

March Hare

Never - EVER - dare someone to follow through with a perceived threat. You might not like the result.

Hey, Remington and Colt, come on down to Texas. We have plenty of space for gun manufacturers.

I second that sentiment and we would gladly welcome them to Arizona as well!

-MH

Gil223

New Manufacturing Jobs Equals Improved Income Tax Revenues For States

Utah, Wyoming (LOTS of empty land on which to build there), Idaho and Montana would probably all be thrilled to have Remington and Colt... and any other firearms manufacturing company (we westerners - except for Kalifornya - are strong supporters of 2A). The states that successfully wooed these corporations, would not only give them substantial tax breaks, but they might even create new ones in order to get the jobs for their people. Pax...

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

If all the Major Gun Manufacturers were to build plants in each of the states that are friendly to them, then very few firearms would be considered as being involved in interstate commerce and Congress would have less authority to control them.

Take Montana as an example. The "Montana Firearms Freedom Act" does not require registration of firearms, parts or ammo that is manufactured and retained within its borders. That act went into effect in April of 2009 and at that time, Texas and Alaska were considering such legislation.

http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2009/billhtml/HB0246.htm

Gil223

Take Montana as an example. The "Montana Firearms Freedom Act" does not require registration of firearms, parts or ammo that is manufactured and retained within its borders. That act went into effect in April of 2009 and at that time, Texas and Alaska were considering such legislation.

http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2009/billhtml/HB0246.htm

If I'm not mistaken, the Texas legislature passed their equivalent law, and it has been in effect for about two years. I don't know about Alaska, and I'm too lazy today to look it up. ;) Pax...