Thread: Dayton PD Positive Encounter

Dayton PD Positive Encounter

It seems there is a person who drives by the bus stop who doesn't appreciate my wife open carrying waiting for our daughter. So they call Dayton PD. I would like to commend the officer who handled this call, they were very friendly and professional. Please watch the video of the encounter at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD2oOV4jU_g&feature=plcp

Props to your misses
    Other than the LEO trying to discourage her OC because she has concealed permit kudos to him as well.

Glad to see him act so well.

Both your wife and officer handled that excellent. Well done! All LEOs across Ohio and the US should be that understanding and knowledgeable of ccw and oc.

Dayton PD Positive Encounter

Great job recording. Let's hope these videos make it to more LEO. They are getting better at following the law. Next step is skipping the lectures.
    Way to step up and know the law!

Re: Dayton PD Positive Encounter

I hear that "it's more a tactical advantage to CC" argument too much... The problem is that I never get a response back from the person after I rebuff all their points on it...

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

This made my day but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    It seems there is a person who drives by the bus stop who doesn't appreciate my wife open carrying waiting for our daughter. So they call Dayton PD. I would like to commend the officer who handled this call, they were very friendly and professional. Please watch the video of the encounter at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD2oOV4jU_g&feature=plcp
    This made my day but one question, where did you meet your wife ? I would like to go there and see if anymore are left. Bud, you have it made. When you hit your nees to thank our creator for another day, remember to thank him for your wife.