• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Petition to Repeal Blue Card

SoLasVegas

Petition to Repeal Blue Card from NVFAC

I just signed the following petition addressed to: Clark County Board of County Commission.

----------------
Audit Handgun Registration Unit/Repeal Codes/Destroy Records 12.04

The Clark County Handgun Registration Program was developed to control the use of guns by the mob. That no longer applies to Clark County. The Sheriff's Department is estimated to be $68 million over budget and the approximate cost of the registration program is $2 million, and the Sheriff wants more tax money to operate. The Sheriff has not been able to justify any cost benefits of this program. These funds can be better used to put deputies back on to patrol by eliminating a wasteful program. The destruction of outdated records will save storage costs and eliminate personal information no longer necessary to be retained by the County. The Sheriff failed to audit the program per Commission request, so an independent audit is required.

http://www.change.org/petitions/cla...tion-unit-repeal-codes-destroy-records-12-04#

Last edited:

The Big Guy

I have printed out the hardcopy petition and will attempt to spred it around including to some of the local gun shops.

TBG

Rollbar

I signed even though I'm in Fallon.

I will repost on Reno 4x4 if that is ok.

Mixael

I would sign this, if only I lived there. As I'm not even from the same STATE, let alone county, I can only state my support for the petition.

Go get 'em, guys!

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
I would sign this, if only I lived there. As I'm not even from the same STATE, let alone county, I can only state my support for the petition.

Go get 'em, guys!

Actually, you can help in another way.

Petitions are printed on paper. It costs money to print petitions on paper.

If the guys down there in the Sharp End make a solid effort to circulate this at gun shows, malls, etc, it could costs hundreds of dollars -- if they start developing costs like that, those of us not in the county can still help.

Remember that EVERY win ANYWHERE is a victory for all of us.

The Big Guy

Actually, you can help in another way.

Petitions are printed on paper. It costs money to print petitions on paper.

If the guys down there in the Sharp End make a solid effort to circulate this at gun shows, malls, etc, it could costs hundreds of dollars -- if they start developing costs like that, those of us not in the county can still help.

Remember that EVERY win ANYWHERE is a victory for all of us.

Very good point. For members you can log on the website and go to the donations tab and make a small gift to the effort. Let them know it is for costs associated with the petition drive. Or you can send in a check indicating what it is for.

For non-members up north the best thing you can do is join.

I have hundreds of petitions along with a cover and will attempt to get them in the local (Henderson) gun shops. I already have one in the fishing tackle store next to my office.

For you locals, print some out and carry with you. As you talk to people get them to sign. Even for non-gun folks, push the cost of the program with no results.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Don't know what percentage of actual county residents signed it, but I was number 161. Of course, I'm skeptical about anyone (in government) caring, as usual.

Mixael

Very good point. For members you can log on the website and go to the donations tab and make a small gift to the effort. Let them know it is for costs associated with the petition drive. Or you can send in a check indicating what it is for.

For non-members up north the best thing you can do is join.

I have hundreds of petitions along with a cover and will attempt to get them in the local (Henderson) gun shops. I already have one in the fishing tackle store next to my office.

For you locals, print some out and carry with you. As you talk to people get them to sign. Even for non-gun folks, push the cost of the program with no results.

TBG

First, let me apologize for not replying yesterday. I've been having some trouble with the forum timing out on me in the evenings, and don't know why. Second, I'm not sure if I'm having a dumb moment or what, but where exactly are you saying to login (or sign up, then log in) and hit the donate button? As donating for this effort slipped past me, I hadn't considered that, but will gladly do so to help this cause!

Take care, and good luck!

-Michael

The Big Guy

First, let me apologize for not replying yesterday. I've been having some trouble with the forum timing out on me in the evenings, and don't know why. Second, I'm not sure if I'm having a dumb moment or what, but where exactly are you saying to login (or sign up, then log in) and hit the donate button? As donating for this effort slipped past me, I hadn't considered that, but will gladly do so to help this cause!

Take care, and good luck!

-Michael

nvfac.org

If you are a member I suggest you hit the "donate" tab and if you are not a memeber I would ask you to join. Either way will help the effort. We need one set of firearms laws for all of Nevada. Thanks for your consideration.

As you are out of state, we sure would appreciate a donation. We're all in this together.

TBG

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Petitions in more gun shops

Dropped off petition in Center Mass, Accuracy and Big Guns. Now have it in 4 gun shops and a fishing tackle store. The only store to have turned it down so far is Black Rifle Armory.

TBG