• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Petition to Repeal Blue Card

Merlin

Dropped off petition in Center Mass, Accuracy and Big Guns. Now have it in 4 gun shops and a fishing tackle store. The only store to have turned it down so far is Black Rifle Armory.

TBG

Where did you get the paper petition? I'd like to get some out on my end of town.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Vegassteve

And the folks at the other forum still dont get it. In a thread about the nics check one of them facejackets sees no issue and loses no sleep over the blue card. In fact the person works at a gun store. NFA if I am correct. Anymore that forum is of no use to real gun owners except the for sale section. One would think that the owners of a gun store would help at least educate the employee about the hazards of gun reg.

usmcmustang

And the folks at the other forum still dont get it. In a thread about the nics check one of them facejackets sees no issue and loses no sleep over the blue card. In fact the person works at a gun store. NFA if I am correct. Anymore that forum is of no use to real gun owners except the for sale section. One would think that the owners of a gun store would help at least educate the employee about the hazards of gun reg.

Haven't read that thread over there, but... the facejacket losing no sleep over the blue card is probably a Metro cop moonlighting as a store employee.

The Big Guy

In the gun stores I have dropped petitions off at all of the employees have been interested and signed. Only one customer in a store said he thought it was a good thing that it kept the bad guys from getting a gun. The employee and I reminded him that bad guys are bad guys because of the fact that they don't obey the law, duh.

Don Turner told me that they were out to the survival show and that he could not believe the number of people who would not sign, thought it was a good thing. There are those who won't sign because they don't want to be on a "gun" list which could make sense if you have guns that are not registered, but any gun owner who thinks it's a good idea makes me want to slam my head through the nearest wall.

TBG

usmcmustang

In the gun stores I have dropped petitions off at all of the employees have been interested and signed. Only one customer in a store said he thought it was a good thing that it kept the bad guys from getting a gun. The employee and I reminded him that bad guys are bad guys because of the fact that they don't obey the law, duh.

Don Turner told me that they were out to the survival show and that he could not believe the number of people who would not sign, thought it was a good thing. There are those who won't sign because they don't want to be on a "gun" list which could make sense if you have guns that are not registered, but any gun owner who thinks it's a good idea makes me want to slam my head through the nearest wall.

TBG

And that's what "we're" up against... both gun owners and non-gun owners who believe registration of firearms somehow helps to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. They obviously haven't a clue as to what "criminals" means... those who do not and will not OBEY laws... and the registration requirement is gonna result in their registration or attempted registration of their firearms? Really? It's their heads that need to be slammed through the nearest wall. It's the "sheeple syndrome" at its finest. But, like I said, that's what "we're" up against and it will be a difficult hurdle to breach. You can't "fix stupid," no matter how hard you try.

The Big Guy

Link: http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/is-gun-registration-worth-cost-169941306.html

I like this "So after 60 years of operation, the sheriff seems to know nothing about the program he so vigorously defends."

Yes that's correct. 60+ years of operation and over 1.1 million handguns registered, not one single case can be pointed to that was solve because of it. I think the cost of the program is more like 2 million a year and rising as more and more people are buying firearms in these uncertain times.

The City of Henderson spends just under $150,000 dollars a year to register firearms on behalf of the Sheriff, and they don't have to by law. Again not one single case can be pointed to as being solved by it.

If you have not signed the petition, do so. Let's get rid of this ineffective cumbersome beast. If you can pass the petition around to your friends and family, do so. Even those who believe in gun control should be angered by the track record of cost and ineffectiveness of the program. You would think they would want something that actually worked and not just eat up tax dollars.

TBG

The Big Guy

Another petition?

I have heard that someone else is circulating a petition to repeal the "blue card". Anyone know anything about it?

TBG

The Big Guy

I dropped one off , but I thought we were all trying to get signitures.... Sorry if I steped on toes

No that's great. What I am talking about is a completely different petition, not the NVFAC effort. Does anyone know of another group circulating a petition to eliminate the Blue Card?

Tim

The Big Guy

Spurlock's

I went into Spurlock's yesterday, OC of course, and checked on the petition I put in there. They had put it on a shelf with a bunch of flyers and stuff and as such not one signature in the 5 weeks or so its been in there. What a waste.

Mike and Jan up in Mesquite at Guns N Guitars have done a great job of gathering signatures. They tell me their customers are excited about the petition. If anyone is up that way you might want to drop in and say hello and thank them for the effort.

TBG

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Glad I don't live in Clark County (aka 4th Reich) but I wish you guys luck.

Living free-ish up north,
Me

While it doesn't directly affect us, it DOES have an effect outside of the Sharp End. By normalizing the idea that guns must be registered in the part of Nevada where most people live, as the Californians move northward to get out of the mess they're making, they will carry this perverted view of firearms with them.

I find it amusing that the Boston Market in Reno has a big no-guns sign, however, being located a couple of hundred yards from the Walmart where a shooting took place.