• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My wife found a holster she wanted for her revolver.

zack991

Now I have seen some neat ideas for a holster, but I swore this one was a joke until I looked further into it. Its called the Flashbang bra holster, which allows a woman or a man with moobies to carry a small frame handgun while not having to carry a purse or being forced to wear baggie clothing to carry a bulky holster. For those women who are looking for another type of concealable holster here is one more option for you.

Advantages of the Flashbang is that females who wear form fitting pants/jeans and do not carry a handbag or satchel can still carry a deeply concealed small handgun. The fact that the firearm is held inside the strong core area of the body ensures an advantage in a weapons retention scenario.

Disadvantages of course is that the holster is almost a mandatory two-handed draw, with the offhand opening or raising the shirt and the string hand going for the firearm. This can take some time in a crisis situation. However, with practice it can be expected that the average female CCW carrier using a Flashbang holster can deploy the firearm in less than two seconds. Care must also be taken to make sure that you do not flash the off hand with the muzzle of the firearm and this tactic must be drilled and ensured for safety. See the video below for reference.

The Flashbang holster is the creation of Lisa Looper of Looper Law Enforcement LLC. The Looper family has been in the leather/holster business since 1938. After 7 years in the industry and countless times of trying to look like a “girl” while carrying concealed, Lisa began to develop the idea that has become the Flashbang.

According to Flashbang's website, they sell holsters that fit Ruger LCP, LCR, and LC9, Smith J Frame snubbies and Bodyguard autos, Keltec 380s, SigP238s/Kimber Solo/Colt Mustang, Taurus TCP, Glock 26/27, Bersa 380s, Seecamp pocket guns, Walther PP/K/S series and others. Price runs about $40 plus shipping.

Their motto is, “Play nice...Let the bad guy die happy!”

Flashbang bra holster demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r6CY5UZyw&feature=player_embedded

NOTE:If your at work or have the wife/GF over your shoulder there is one photo in the link below that a women is in her bra showing how it fits/operates.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/entries/The-FlashBang-Bra-Holster.html

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

I had the original flashbang bra holster for awhile. I had difficulty getting it to lay flat sometimes, and then we sold the gun and holster, so I never had a chance to really work out the kinks.

But yesterday I ordered the 'Marilyn', so hopefully that will work better. I like flashbang, it just takes some getting used to. But it's cheaper than a shoulder holster (I'm pregnant and hate purse carry!) and it's on body, which I like.

Let us know what your wife thinks!

zack991

I had the original flashbang bra holster for awhile. I had difficulty getting it to lay flat sometimes, and then we sold the gun and holster, so I never had a chance to really work out the kinks.

But yesterday I ordered the 'Marilyn', so hopefully that will work better. I like flashbang, it just takes some getting used to. But it's cheaper than a shoulder holster (I'm pregnant and hate purse carry!) and it's on body, which I like.

Let us know what your wife thinks!

I will let my wife know of that other holster. I know a lot about what I would use but what a woman would care to use is an entire different market in some cases.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

I will let my wife know of that other holster. I know a lot about what I would use but what a woman would care to use is an entire different market in some cases.

Flashbang has a whole range of 'Pin up' holsters designed specifically for women. And the price is pretty damn good for what it is.

PistolPackingMomma

I guess I was thinking the muzzle was pointing straight up.

For both the original Flashbang and the Marilyn, the muzzle can be pointed straight or downwards. They both have adjustable cant, due to the nature of varying sizes of where they will be positioned. It still pays to be safe and practice trigger control (as in, stay out of the trigger guard until aimed and ready to fire!!!) but that can be said with any holster.

KBCraig

I have some ideas to make the Flashbang a lot more stable and comfortable, while avoiding having the muzzle actually inside the cup of the bra.

My wife and daughter are both going to start carrying when we move to NH, and neither has any room to spare inside their bras. Their cups runneth over, so to speak.

PistolPackingMomma

I'd like to hear your idea; I did have an issue with stability as far as keeping the mag well from bumping out.

But, it's actually not designed to fit 'in' the bra cup; more like tucked up underneath what the cup covers, if you catch my drift.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not trying to get your wife to change her mind (Oh dear sweet fluffy bunny no, not no how no way!) but she might want to look at this http://kangaroocarry.com/ only because it offers options for placement.

But please be sure to stress to her that whatever she wants to go with is OK with me.:uhoh:

stay safe.

zack991

I will pass the link on to her, no matter what she decides I pay for. lol Yet it is very much worth the money.

KBCraig

I'd like to hear your idea; I did have an issue with stability as far as keeping the mag well from bumping out.

My plan was to mount it on a wider piece of leather, almost like a crossbreed. Keep the center loop that attaches around the "vee" of the bra, but add a strip of Velcro --just the "hook" side-- to each end. The Velcro would slip into the bottom of each cup, to keep the holster more stable -- no pivoting around the center strap.

REALteach4u

Zack,

The Flashbang holster is no joke. My wife loves hers (Ruger LCR). There are disadvantages. These aren't easy for a small chested woman to hide and an extremely large chested woman will have issues retrieving her firearm. (picture the football commercial where the guy is being painted a fan-color and is told to lift his man-moon-ballons)

I've promoted Looper's holster since she sent one out to me as my contract employer explored women's only carry classes. The videos truly sell that holster. I now have a second one that has been given to me (Ruger LCP) from a woman that couldn't use it (one of the aforementioned categories). It's the in-class show and tell piece so the ladies in class can see it first-hand.

I had a snap installed inside my wife's purse so I could remove the chest strap and mount the holster in her purse with just enough room for her to retrieve it from a corner. I also have a snap installed inside her vehicle in a couple of discrete locations so she can remove it from her purse and put it in the vehicle if she so desires. I told her the best thing is to just carry it and imagine the embarrassment of someone addressing a mid-chest mounted firearm on a woman.