Thread: School tells child and parents to change childs name.

School tells child and parents to change childs name.

Deaf students sign language name resembles a gun.....

The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Saw that yesterday. They can't really believe they're going to win this, or that we're going to believe they're interested in what's 'best for the child'.

ETA~

Can you imagine if his parents had named him Gunner?
    Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 08-29-2012 at 09:18 AM.

These kind of people just make me sick!! I will give you one guess who they will vote for in November. F in bed wetters.

The sign language word for go could be construed to look like a gun, the sign language letter H looks like a gun. Do we ask children with the name Winchester to be renamed to go to school. What utter nonsense. Reason #9,545 why we homeschool. If these idiots are stupid enough to do this (and there are people just like this in every school district I have ever worked with)then they are Not qualified to have any authority over my children.

Side note...there are wonderful teachers out there, but 95% of the time you don't get to choose who your child is under. I am not going to roll the dice and hope to God that my kids get the good teacher. No thanks, I'll be the teacher.

Re: School tells child and parents to change childs name.

Quote Originally Posted by MamabearCali View Post
    The sign language word for go could be construed to look like a gun, the sign language letter H looks like a gun. Do we ask children with the name Winchester to be renamed to go to school. What utter nonsense. Reason #9,545 why we homeschool. If these idiots are stupid enough to do this (and there are people just like this in every school district I have ever worked with)then they are Not qualified to have any authority over my children.

Side note...there are wonderful teachers out there, but 95% of the time you don't get to choose who your child is under. I am not going to roll the dice and hope to God that my kids get the good teacher. No thanks, I'll be the teacher.
    I have been considering that myself. But only for the reason of reinforcing their civil rights.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by MamabearCali View Post

Big +1 to that!

I'm hoping this motivates these parents to realize how the school system currently cares more about money and bureaucracy, and they consider homeschooling!

Re: School tells child and parents to change childs name.

Jack Sheard, Grand Island Public Schools spokesperson told KOLN, "We are working with the parents to come to the best solution we can for the child."
    What's best for the child is to shut up and leave the kid alone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I think only domestic terrorist home school
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

This looks to me like a pretty cut and dried violation of ADA. You have a deaf kid communicating his name based on ann internationally recognized list of signs. The school is required to reasonably accommodate his disability. The parents oughta take that to district court. Just a letter from a lawyer should be good enough to convince principal dumbass to reconsider
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I think well educated young people with the ability to express themselves coherently and to use math are a threat to nanny govt. Holy cow they might actually decide to make something of themselves rather than nurse at the state's teat. The might not just take for granted that what is being fed to them is true...oh the horrors. Even worse they might actually believe in a deity and have some moral compunctions. Good heaven what can be done to stop the plague of people who take the education of their children most personally. (toungue in cheek)

Email the school
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Banned
    SWARM SWARM SWARM ... shoot the dog .... well, this is what the people wanted ... zero tolerance .. YA GOT IT !

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma
    Can you imagine if his parents had named him Gunner?
    In ASL (American Sign Language) there's not a lot of difference.
    [Granted, he uses a bastardized form called SEE (Signing Exact English), so there might be bigger differences...]

The kid won't be able to say "21", "language", or "lunch" [in its more English version] as they're all made with that scary finger-gun handshape. And how about the ABC's?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I'd be banned, my name is Rob.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)