Thread: Anti-Gun Wacko of The Week: Grand Island NE School Board

Anti-Gun Wacko of The Week: Grand Island NE School Board

When I wrote last week’s Anti-Gun Wacko of the Week column about University of Colorado Professor Jerry Peterson, I chose the name of the column on a bit of a whim. I didn’t really expect that I would find that level of outrageousness on a weekly basis.

But by now, you would think I would know better than to underestimate the ability of bureaucrats to make blindly stupid decisions.

And that brings us to today’s story about 3-year-old Hunter Spanjer. Hunter is, by all reports, a happy and well-loved child who attends preschool in Grand Island Nebraska. Hunter is just like all the other boys and girls except for one thing … the school board wants to take away his name.

Read more at http://monachuslex.com/?p=1645

Confirms what I have been thinking for several years now, "The inmates are finally running the asylum!!"
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Confirms what I have been thinking for several years now, "The inmates are finally running the asylum!!"
    We just have to keep the pressure on. As long as they know the public will hold them accountable, we have a chance to stop this 'zero-tolerance' BS.

Banned
    This one is better than last week's wacko-o-da-week.

This kid is better suited for public office than most guys running in the GOP .. after all, he has been a Hunter since the day he was born.

Anti-Gun Wacko of The Week: Grand Island NE School Board

How can this possibly make sense in anyone's mind? I mean who actually came up with this idea and what idiots went along with it? I hope the family and the ACLU sue...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

sheesh...

and then people wonder why we are homeschooling?
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Can you imagine if the kid had been named Gunner?

Yeah, definitely not subjecting my kids to this kind of moronic bureaucracy that cares more about Federal funding and political correctness rather than kids and their education.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    How can this possibly make sense in anyone's mind? I mean who actually came up with this idea and what idiots went along with it? I hope the family and the ACLU sue...
    I hope so. The ACLU is reportedly considering the issue.