Thread: A big Thank You!!

A big Thank You!!

To whoever it is that posts under the name of ‘hrdware’ on the OSA site, THANK YOU! You are a voice of reason on that site, equalled by very few people.
    You have my undying gratitude for your posts concerning the 2A, be it OC or CC. I wish the people there would actually hear what you are saying, especially those that wear a badge.
    Thank you, for standing up for our rights, even when the LEOs think their safety and livelihood supersede them.

bob
    Last edited by Bob Vest; 08-29-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: typos

Completely agree. I have all but given up on Oklahoma Shooters because of all the anti OC sentiments and the name calling. Have you tried boomershooter.com. Still some anti oc, but much more polite and reasonable to talk with.

Why would these other sites be against open carry? How can any supporter of the 2nd Amendment not support removing (even if only partially in this case) any infringement on the right to keep and bear arms? It seems like a person might choose not to open carry but, if you support the original intent of the 2nd Amendment, you would have to support the right to open carry .

Quote Originally Posted by Levant View Post
    Why would these other sites be against open carry? How can any supporter of the 2nd Amendment not support removing (even if only partially in this case) any infringement on the right to keep and bear arms? It seems like a person might choose not to open carry but, if you support the original intent of the 2nd Amendment, you would have to support the right to open carry .
    I'm not sure why so many of the posters on OSA are so anti OC, but they are. Many of them think themselves the guardian of the only true common sense, and if you disagree, then the name calling starts. I find the conversations here and on bommershooter.com to be much more level headed and positive.
    Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by oklaccer View Post
    I'm not sure why so many of the posters on OSA are so anti OC, but they are. Many of them think themselves the guardian of the only true common sense, and if you disagree, then the name calling starts.
    It's the same story, south of the Red River.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Vest View Post
    To whoever it is that posts under the name of ‘hrdware’ on the OSA site, THANK YOU! You are a voice of reason on that site, equalled by very few people.
    You have my undying gratitude for your posts concerning the 2A, be it OC or CC. I wish the people there would actually hear what you are saying, especially those that wear a badge.
    Thank you, for standing up for our rights, even when the LEOs think their safety and livelihood supersede them.

bob
    Thank you Mr. Vest, I appreciate the complements.

I try to provide adequate information along with some opinion (usually I try to make sure my opinion is marked as such) and avoid calling names.

Many of the LEO and anti-OC 2A supporters over there don't want to see any reason and resort to using emotion for debate. A few people have changed their mind after reading some of my posts, but not very many, and I'm sure more than one person has put me on their ignore list instead of reading and debating with reason.

Wes
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    It's the same story, south of the Red River.
    This completely explains Texas Longhorn fans.