• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A big Thank You!!

Bob Vest

To whoever it is that posts under the name of ‘hrdware’ on the OSA site, THANK YOU! You are a voice of reason on that site, equalled by very few people.
You have my undying gratitude for your posts concerning the 2A, be it OC or CC. I wish the people there would actually hear what you are saying, especially those that wear a badge.
Thank you, for standing up for our rights, even when the LEOs think their safety and livelihood supersede them.

bob

Last edited:

okiephlyer

Completely agree. I have all but given up on Oklahoma Shooters because of all the anti OC sentiments and the name calling. Have you tried boomershooter.com. Still some anti oc, but much more polite and reasonable to talk with.

Levant

Why would these other sites be against open carry? How can any supporter of the 2nd Amendment not support removing (even if only partially in this case) any infringement on the right to keep and bear arms? It seems like a person might choose not to open carry but, if you support the original intent of the 2nd Amendment, you would have to support the right to open carry .

okiephlyer

Why would these other sites be against open carry? How can any supporter of the 2nd Amendment not support removing (even if only partially in this case) any infringement on the right to keep and bear arms? It seems like a person might choose not to open carry but, if you support the original intent of the 2nd Amendment, you would have to support the right to open carry .

I'm not sure why so many of the posters on OSA are so anti OC, but they are. Many of them think themselves the guardian of the only true common sense, and if you disagree, then the name calling starts. I find the conversations here and on bommershooter.com to be much more level headed and positive.
Welcome to the forum.

hrdware

To whoever it is that posts under the name of ‘hrdware’ on the OSA site, THANK YOU! You are a voice of reason on that site, equalled by very few people.
You have my undying gratitude for your posts concerning the 2A, be it OC or CC. I wish the people there would actually hear what you are saying, especially those that wear a badge.
Thank you, for standing up for our rights, even when the LEOs think their safety and livelihood supersede them.

bob

Thank you Mr. Vest, I appreciate the complements.

I try to provide adequate information along with some opinion (usually I try to make sure my opinion is marked as such) and avoid calling names.

Many of the LEO and anti-OC 2A supporters over there don't want to see any reason and resort to using emotion for debate. A few people have changed their mind after reading some of my posts, but not very many, and I'm sure more than one person has put me on their ignore list instead of reading and debating with reason.

Wes