Thread: Old Navy is anti!

Old Navy is anti!

I was just at Old Navy with the family OCing and was asked to remove my weapon because some guests commented about it. It's also against company policy. The store manager is the one who approached me about it. I just left. I do have audio I will try to put up later. Right now we are at Red Robin getting dinner. No probloms here. Old Navy is owned by Gap fyi.

Re: Old Navy is anti!

My girl drags me there all the time and I've never had any issues at the one we go to. That sucks though. Send corporate an email yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Old Navy is anti!

I too have never had a problem at Old Navy. Sounds more like a rogue manager to me. I second the recommendation to contact corporate.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I called corporate right after I left the store. They also told me it was company policy. I have that recording too. Still out to eat but I'll try to get it on soon.

So apparently my phone didn't record the call I made to corporate. The lady did tell my that it is corporate policy to not allow fire arms on company property, except LEO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by backenj View Post
    So apparently my phone didn't record the call I made to corporate. The lady did tell my that it is corporate policy to not allow fire arms on company property, except LEO.
    So they DO allow firearms .... I see ...

I sent an e-mail requesting their policy in regards to customers carrying.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I'd offer to boycott Old Navy, but that'd be a bit difficult since I'm already boycotting them for height discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by jack house View Post
    i'd offer to boycott old navy, but that'd be a bit difficult since i'm already boycotting them for height discrimination.
    wtf how?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    wtf how?
    How what? You mean how do they discriminate against height? By not carrying tall sizes. The bastards.

What self respecting OCer would shop in a Yuppie store, is it any surprise they are anti?

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    What self respecting OCer would shop in a Yuppie store, is it any surprise they are anti?
    My 9 year old daughter would.

My 9 year old daughter would.
    Your 9 year old daughter OCs?

Wouldn't that be cool. But I actually answered your question.

Re: Old Navy is anti!

Lol. I only go there cause the gf loves the place. And I'll keep carrying until they kick me out or they properly post the place.

Maybe I should start doing the obvious hip thrusts and be totally taticool until I get kicked out. Then I have an excuse to stay in the car next time she wants to go. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    Lol. I only go there cause the gf loves the place. And I'll keep carrying until they kick me out or they properly post the place.

Maybe I should start doing the obvious hip thrusts and be totally taticool until I get kicked out. Then I have an excuse to stay in the car next time she wants to go. Haha.

They probably sell polo shirts, dockers pants, and maybe tacticool boots. That with a high and tight haircut you will probably not be bothered.

I've been in there a couple times but can't seem to find their "Big Man" section. Oh well.

When he asked yo to take off the gun, did you ask him where he wanted you to put it?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I was just at Old Navy with the family OCing and was asked to remove my weapon because some guests commented about it. It's also against company policy. The store manager is the one who approached me about it. I just left. I do have audio I will try to put up later. Right now we are at Red Robin getting dinner. No probloms here. Old Navy is owned by Gap fyi.

Last I checked Red Robin is Anti also. You might want to rethink your choice of eating establishment.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    Last I checked Red Robin is Anti also. You might want to rethink your choice of eating establishment.
    Nobody said any thing at Red Robin. Sat there for about 40 minutes. But my hair is high and tight, I was wearing a polo shirt and nice brown shorts. Didn't care for the ribs.
    Last edited by backenj; 09-01-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Nobody said any thing at Red Robin. Sat there for about 40 minutes. But my hair is high and tight, I was wearing a polo shirt and nice brown shorts. Didn't care for the ribs.
    Face it, you look like a cop!
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Haha. No I don't. You've meet me,do I? Actually, even not OCing I've been told I look like a cop. Don't know why.

Things I want to say to these people:

"I'm sorry, if I were to do that I would be violating policy that reaches far beyond Old Navy." (my policy)

"I am under strict orders to not disarm in public for any reason." (so says my wife)

"Perhaps you've noticed that I am not waving it around and demanding you open the register?"

Follow up with, "Since I'm not breaking any laws or causing a scene (like you are), how about we call it a draw and everybody can walk away from this rather unpleasant confrontation happy?" (if met with agreement or silent confusion, walk away and go about my business)
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Or a complete psychopath that no one would want to get riled

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Or a complete psychopath that no one would want to get riled
    There's a difference? J/K