• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out of South Portland PETCO.

CCinMaine

Just looking around. GF wants another fish and we were asked by 4 different employees if we needed help and then one came back and said that we had to leave the gun in the car. I put my items down and said OK we will go somewhere else to spend our money. Sent corporate an email asking for their policy before I left the parking lot. I'll post their response when I get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SPOProds

I'll send an email as well, sometimes multiple "complaints" work out better.(peoples back has yet to respond)

CCinMaine

Haven't gotten an email response yet so I called customer service and asked for the policy. First I was told they don't really have a policy and its up to the discretion of the general manager. So I asked "Your policy is to follow state law then?". He put me on hold to look and came back saying "Firearms and deadly weapons are prohibited from PETCO". I questioned his two different answers and he assured me that they were prohibited. So I said "OK. I'll be sure to notify everyone I know who wants to exercise their right to defend themselves that they are not welcome in your stores. We will spend our money elsewhere. Thank you. Have a nice day." His lack of confidence originally on the issue makes my wonder how sure he is. I'm gonna keep pushing and looking for an answer. But as of now they are still on my no go list.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pfries

I think the large rawhides would constitute as a deadly weapon, so how do you go about buying one there?

Last edited: