Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Event: Romney, Ryan to campaign in Richmond Friday

Open Carry Event: Romney, Ryan to campaign in Richmond Friday

Well ....

Romney & Ryan will appear 2PM Friday at the Richmond International Airport.

Clever, huh?

Explain to me again why I should vote for these Neocons?
    Last edited by Repeater; 08-29-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Added Link to RTD

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    If it were anywhere else do you by any stretch of the imagination think you'd be allowed to OC?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Well if it were to fall in a location covered under preemption I personally don't see why not. During one of Obamas visits to IIRC New Hampshire a gentleman was OCing maybe 50 yards from where he was loading into his motorcade. As well another guy in Mass. (not positive on the states I'd have to look into it again to be 100%)

Just because he is "special" doesn't change our local laws... One would hope at least.
    .45 ACP - Because shooting twice is silly

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

Methinks that Grapeshot is referring to the law that makes carry inside an airport terminal building a crime.

And I'll bet the sidewalks and roads will be heavily monitored - at least in the section clostest to where he will be.

What am I saying?!? Everything there is close to where he will be. Look for Secret Service and Capitol Police/State Police to be thick as thieves out there. Henrico PD may get to direct traffic out on Williamsburg Road.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Not to sound rude Skid but when I read "if it were to anywhere else.." I get the impression that he is asking if it were to be anywhere other than the airport

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

Stop it.

Everyone knows that every major presidential candidate enjoys the protection of the Secret Service, and they DO set up a security perimeter around the candidates, no matter where they might be.

To pretend that this is Romney or Ryan specific is just downright dishonest, and you know it.

If by some disastrous turn of events, Ron Paul were to be a legitimate candidate, the exact same procedures would apply to him as well. The candidates do not have a choice in the matter.

TFred

Ah, yes. The Cone of Security.

Anybody that wants to can OC/CC/NC outside the yellow tape/velvet rope, but expect to be probulated in order to get any closer.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Stop it.

Everyone knows that every major presidential candidate enjoys the protection of the Secret Service, and they DO set up a security perimeter around the candidates, no matter where they might be.

To pretend that this is Romney or Ryan specific is just downright dishonest, and you know it.

If by some disastrous turn of events, Ron Paul were to be a legitimate candidate, the exact same procedures would apply to him as well. The candidates do not have a choice in the matter.

TFred
    "stop it" I had to laugh about that.

I don't think anybody can disagree that no matter who it is a security perimeter would be in place. I was only stating that at a different location you might have a better chance of being closer to the event than with it being at the airport terminal.

Stop it.

TFred
    cite?

What, do the secret service kidnap the candidates?

Ron Paul has in the past publically refused secret service protection.

The "disasterous turn of events" that would turn return our Republic to Ron Paul's Limited government is far less harmful than eternal war, endless debt and the boot of totaltarianism that obOMNEY promises.

Peace, Gold & Liberty,
    Thundar
    Last edited by Thundar; 08-29-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XflE0RMiIiA

This is the guy I was talking about in New Hampshire. He caught some flack for it, but he was within his rights. This is why I say it is possible. It just takes the right location.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    cite?

History.

What, do the secret service kidnap the candidates?

In essence, yes they do.

Ron Paul has in the past publically refused secret service protection.

Another reason he will never be a major political candidate.

The "disasterous turn of events" that would turn return our Republic to Ron Paul's Limited government is far less harmful than eternal war, endless debt and the boot of totaltarianism that obOMNEY promises.

Do you have some sort of a macro for these things? "Cntrl-R" to regurgitate the same old drivel? It would save you a lot of typing time... maybe you should look into it. There are several good keyboard shortcut applications you can try.

Peace, Gold & Liberty,
    Thundar
    See the green text.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by MagiK_SacK View Post
    I was only stating that at a different location you might have a better chance of being closer to the event than with it being at the airport terminal.
    Probably true, the airport does establish a security perimeter that is probably larger than what the Secret Service would. But I'm sure the Secret Service would not rely on the airport's security for any portion of their perimeter either.

TFred

Banned
    Hey, he's a hunter .. so just show him support via signing the word "hunter" ...

Well, I think you can stand outside in the entryto the airport CC'ng all you want, just can't go into the building. Unless you are flying and going to check the weapon onto your flight.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    Well, I think you can stand outside in the entryto the airport CC'ng all you want, just can't go into the building. Unless you are flying and going to check the weapon onto your flight.
    I was under the impression you could carry in the non-secured area of the airport, but I would most definitely verify that before doing so.

"History" is not a cite

See the green text.

Thundar said: cite

TFred said: history

TFred
    We learn by citing to authority, not to "history". You use "history" because there is either no cite available or you are too lazy to provide it. Come on TFred, follow the rules.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
    I was under the impression you could carry in the non-secured area of the airport, but I would most definitely verify that before doing so.
    http://leg1.state.va.us/000/cod/18.2-287.01.HTM

Air Carrier Airports

Virginia has 72 airports. Only 9 of these 72 airports are classified as "air carrier airports" and are thus affected by the gun ban in §18.2-287.01.

An email from the Office of the Governor, dated June 3, 2004, identified the following as the "air carrier airports" in Virginia:

Reagan National Arlington, VA
    Charlottesville Regional Charlottesville, VA
    Dulles International Chantilly, VA
    Lynchburg Municipal Lynchburg, VA
    Newport News . Williamsburg Regional Newport News, VA
    Norfolk International Norfolk, VA
    Richmond International Richmond, VA
    Roanoke Regional Roanoke, VA
    Shenandoah Valley Regional Staunton, VA
    Last edited by Marco; 08-30-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by MagiK_SacK View Post
    Just because he is "special" doesn't change our local laws... One would hope at least.
    Don't forget who change the local carry laws just in time for the Salt Lake City Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    We learn by citing to authority, not to "history". You use "history" because there is either no cite available or you are too lazy to provide it. Come on TFred, follow the rules.
    My response was more than adequate.

Tomorrow is Friday.

What do you suggest I cite for that?

TFred

My response was more than adequate.

Tomorrow is Friday.

What do you suggest I cite for that?

TFred
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Rally will be at Martinair Hanger

Well .... !

It now seems the rally will be outdoors at Martinair's hanger:

Romney, Ryan to visit Richmond area Friday
    On the heels of his Republican National Convention speech in Tampa, Fla., GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney will campaign in the Richmond area Friday with running mate Paul Ryan.

Both will attend a 2 p.m. "Victory Rally" at the Martinair hangar at Richmond International Airport in eastern Henrico County. The hangar is at 5733 Huntsman Road. Doors for the event will open at 11 a.m.

The event is open to the public. To get a ticket, go to www.mittromney.com/states/virginia.
    More info here:

Rally with Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, and the Republican Team

You’re Invited to a Victory Rally with

MITT ROMNEY, PAUL RYAN

AND THE REPUBLICAN TEAM

Friday, August 31st, 2012

Doors Open at 11:00 AM | Event Begins at 1:00 PM

Martinair, Inc. Hangar

Richmond International Airport

5733 Huntsman Road

Richmond, VA 23250

Parking will be available at Economy Parking Lot A at the Airport, located next to Airport Drive on Eubank Road, across from the Doubletree Hotel. Beginning at 10:30 AM, shuttles will transport attendees to the rally.

All attendees will go through airport-like security and should bring as few personal items as possible. No bags, sharp objects, umbrellas, liquids, or signs will be allowed in the venue. Cameras are permitted.

Questions: (757) 279-8253 or TeamVA@mittromney.com

For Important Campaign Updates: Text VA to GOMITT (466488)
    Well, I don't see any weapons prohibited. Even so, "All attendees will go through airport-like security ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I have no idea what that is, and I'm not going to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post

It's a parrot offering agreement - parroting, doing the parrot dance.
    http://www.theparrotboard.net/Forums...lies/birdl.gif

And I do not want to know what you were thinking, so we're even.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post

That's twice in a week you nearly made me spew my coffee!

I knew I took this for some reason Grapeshot

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    That's twice in a week you nearly made me spew my coffee!

I knew I took this for some reason Grapeshot

Yep - technically a Blue and Gold Macaw.

I calls him "Greentop" and hope he won't parrot everything he heard about the rally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast