• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Event: Romney, Ryan to campaign in Richmond Friday

Repeater

Rally will be at Martinair Hanger

Well .... !

It now seems the rally will be outdoors at Martinair's hanger:

Romney, Ryan to visit Richmond area Friday
On the heels of his Republican National Convention speech in Tampa, Fla., GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney will campaign in the Richmond area Friday with running mate Paul Ryan.

Both will attend a 2 p.m. "Victory Rally" at the Martinair hangar at Richmond International Airport in eastern Henrico County. The hangar is at 5733 Huntsman Road. Doors for the event will open at 11 a.m.

The event is open to the public. To get a ticket, go to www.mittromney.com/states/virginia.

More info here:

Rally with Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, and the Republican Team
[size=+2]
You’re Invited to a Victory Rally with

MITT ROMNEY, PAUL RYAN

AND THE REPUBLICAN TEAM

Friday, August 31st, 2012

Doors Open at 11:00 AM | Event Begins at 1:00 PM

Martinair, Inc. Hangar

Richmond International Airport

5733 Huntsman Road

Richmond, VA 23250

Parking will be available at Economy Parking Lot A at the Airport, located next to Airport Drive on Eubank Road, across from the Doubletree Hotel. Beginning at 10:30 AM, shuttles will transport attendees to the rally.

All attendees will go through airport-like security and should bring as few personal items as possible. No bags, sharp objects, umbrellas, liquids, or signs will be allowed in the venue. Cameras are permitted.

Questions: (757) 279-8253 or TeamVA@mittromney.com

For Important Campaign Updates: Text VA to GOMITT (466488)
[/size]

Well, I don't see any weapons prohibited. Even so, "All attendees will go through airport-like security ..."

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
birdl.gif

I have no idea what that is, and I'm not going to ask.

:uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That's twice in a week you nearly made me spew my coffee!:eek:

I knew I took this for some reason Grapeshot

parr.jpg

Yep - technically a Blue and Gold Macaw.

I calls him "Greentop" and hope he won't parrot everything he heard about the rally. :uhoh:

kenny

It will be the same location where "W" visited while campaigning for McDonnell. Indoors inside a hanger. People will be bused in just like before. He will be in and out for a quick visit. "W" did the same thing when Kilgore was running for Governor also.

The Martin Air hanger looked and felt like a can full of sardines.

Last edited:

Docgmt

Because SCOTUS is 5-4

Well ....

Romney & Ryan will appear 2PM Friday at the Richmond International Airport.

Clever, huh?

"""Explain to me again why I should vote for these Neocons?""""

Why vote for neocons? If you really own a gun and you really believe in the 2nd You vote for Romney because it is hanging by the next heart attack of a conservative justice. If the Pres. is reelected he will put one maybe 2 new members on the court which will freeze any advancement in regaining our rights. Also remember that the issue is no where near settled as to where when and what you can carry/own and these issue are working there way through the federal courts on the way to SCOTUS now. SO as gun owners we should be busting it to elect Romney even if he is a .....

Repeater

George Allen was there -- anyone else?

George Allen was there, along with Eric Cantor:

Ryan says campaign will offer solutions
Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan told a crowd at a private hangar at Richmond International Airport this afternoon that he and Mitt Romney would "get the American dream intact again"

Ryan, introduced by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-7th, described Romney as a "principled leader" whose campaign would be more than a referendum on President Barack Obama's policies.

U.S. Senate candidate George Allen took the stage at the Martinair hangar telling the young people in the crowd, "this campaign's for you."

Noting the nation's high underemployment, Allen said "people don't go to college to move back home."

Allen was also critical of last year's bipartisan debt deal, calling it "another failure of leadership in Washington," citing looming defense cuts.

Claiming that Democrats' plan to avoid the deep cuts was tax hikes, he said that members of the Armed Forces "should never be used as a political bargaining tool to raise taxes on job-creating small business owners."

Allen's speech was briefly interrupted when an overheated woman in the crowd swooned.

After someone called for a medic, the woman recovered and Allen commented, "That's dedication. That's the dedication we're going to need."

Swooned! really?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Why vote for neocons? If you really own a gun and you really believe in the 2nd You vote for Romney because it is hanging by the next heart attack of a conservative justice. If the Pres. is reelected he will put one maybe 2 new members on the court which will freeze any advancement in regaining our rights. Also remember that the issue is no where near settled as to where when and what you can carry/own and these issue are working there way through the federal courts on the way to SCOTUS now. SO as gun owners we should be busting it to elect Romney even if he is a .....

Ah so - some one can see the forest in spite of the trees. :rolleyes:

riverrat10k

I am holding my nose and voting the Rethuglican ticket because I believe we can't survive another O term.

The fight never ends, no matter the puppet party. Remember, the bankers own us all. Until we cut them down to size and the rule of law is re-established, slavery is substituted for real freedom.

Last edited: