Thread: Bumpershoot

Bumpershoot

I did a search for this topic and no usefull info. I plan on carryin. I can't find any usefull info. Any feed back would be great. Thanks.

Bumpershoot

Bumper shoot is an outdoor music festival.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by briehl12 View Post
    I did a search for this topic and no usefull info. I plan on carryin. I can't find any usefull info. Any feed back would be great. Thanks.
    They also plan on searching your bags to enter.

http://bumbershoot.org/info/policies...ohibited-items

Frankly IMHO guns aren't worth the hassle if you're entering a restricted area. in addition to that Washington law prohibits firearms at outdoor music festivals. giving up the gun probably isn't worth it for some arts and music festival anyway.

However I do think maybe it's time to start lobbying the outdoor music festival law, it's up there in silliness and there's no reason for it.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for reasuring me that it was. I've never been to bumpershoot before so was not clear on what it was. It's too bad they prohibit.

Quote Originally Posted by briehl12 View Post
    I've never been to bumpershoot
    Small correction: It's not bumPershoot, it's bumBershoot. As in, an umbrella, rather than committing violence against part of a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    ............ rather than committing violence against part of a car.
    I like that, it reminds me of that old Mauldin cartoon of the GI shooing his jeep.

the outdoor music festival law, it's up there in silliness and there's no reason for it.
    It makes mayor macgrimm feel safe in seattle.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I like that, it reminds me of that old Mauldin cartoon of the GI shooing his jeep.

the outdoor music festival law, it's up there in silliness and there's no reason for it.
    It makes mayor macgrimm feel safe in seattle.
    bubububububububububububut someone got SHOT at an outdoor music festival! If guns are illegal, then no one will get shot! Just look at NYC, guns are illegal there and no one ever gets shot!
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Bumper shoot is an outdoor music festival.
    Please take a look at the definition for the term "outdoor music festival" that I pasted below. and more specifically the underlined portion thereof.

(3) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.

To what other licenses are the referring?

In your opinion, would the this mean that if Bumbershoot had to get a liquor license to sell beer, or some other license to sell food, it would no longer be an "outdoor music festival" as defined?
    Last edited by END_THE_FED; 08-31-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    All the bands I saw where in stadiums at the center during Bumbershoot.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    All the bands I saw where in stadiums at the center during Bumbershoot.
    In what stadium? There is an outdoor and and indoor stadium.

I went last year, there are more outdoor venues for music than indoor.

I have been looking and can not find any reference to the outdoor music festival license for Bumbershoot this year. I found it last year and the property was marked as such.
    Live Free or Die!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    In what stadium? There is an outdoor and and indoor stadium.

I went last year, there are more outdoor venues for music than indoor.

I have been looking and can not find any reference to the outdoor music festival license for Bumbershoot this year. I found it last year and the property was marked as such.
    Is it memorial stadium? I saw several bands there during bumber shoot and at other times. But it's been over ten years since I been there.

To see bands we had to get bands on our wrist.

There is also Key arena, and opera house, and some place saw Tenacious D play in one year.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)