• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bumpershoot

briehl12

I did a search for this topic and no usefull info. I plan on carryin. I can't find any usefull info. Any feed back would be great. Thanks.

EMNofSeattle

I did a search for this topic and no usefull info. I plan on carryin. I can't find any usefull info. Any feed back would be great. Thanks.

They also plan on searching your bags to enter.

http://bumbershoot.org/info/policies-nonos/#prohibited-items

Frankly IMHO guns aren't worth the hassle if you're entering a restricted area. in addition to that Washington law prohibits firearms at outdoor music festivals. giving up the gun probably isn't worth it for some arts and music festival anyway.

However I do think maybe it's time to start lobbying the outdoor music festival law, it's up there in silliness and there's no reason for it.

briehl12

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for reasuring me that it was. I've never been to bumpershoot before so was not clear on what it was. It's too bad they prohibit.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
............ rather than committing violence against part of a car.
I like that, it reminds me of that old Mauldin cartoon of the GI shooing his jeep.

the outdoor music festival law, it's up there in silliness and there's no reason for it.
It makes mayor macgrimm feel safe in seattle.

Metalhead47

I like that, it reminds me of that old Mauldin cartoon of the GI shooing his jeep.

the outdoor music festival law, it's up there in silliness and there's no reason for it.
It makes mayor macgrimm feel safe in seattle.

bubububububububububububut someone got SHOT at an outdoor music festival! If guns are illegal, then no one will get shot! Just look at NYC, guns are illegal there and no one ever gets shot!

END_THE_FED

Bumper shoot is an outdoor music festival.

Please take a look at the definition for the term "outdoor music festival" that I pasted below. and more specifically the underlined portion thereof.

(3) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.

To what other licenses are the referring?

In your opinion, would the this mean that if Bumbershoot had to get a liquor license to sell beer, or some other license to sell food, it would no longer be an "outdoor music festival" as defined?

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
All the bands I saw where in stadiums at the center during Bumbershoot.

In what stadium? There is an outdoor and and indoor stadium.

I went last year, there are more outdoor venues for music than indoor.

I have been looking and can not find any reference to the outdoor music festival license for Bumbershoot this year. I found it last year and the property was marked as such.

sudden valley gunner

In what stadium? There is an outdoor and and indoor stadium.

I went last year, there are more outdoor venues for music than indoor.

I have been looking and can not find any reference to the outdoor music festival license for Bumbershoot this year. I found it last year and the property was marked as such.

Is it memorial stadium? I saw several bands there during bumber shoot and at other times. But it's been over ten years since I been there.

To see bands we had to get bands on our wrist.

There is also Key arena, and opera house, and some place saw Tenacious D play in one year.