Thread: School makes deaf kid change his sign name - resembles gun?

School makes deaf kid change his sign name - resembles gun?

"Three-and-a-half year old Hunter Spanjer, who is deaf, signs his name by crossing his forefinger and index finger and moving his hand up and down."

They're saying his name violates the "no weapons in school" policy. O_O

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...191629255.html

--------------------------------
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?

I have lost all faith in people. These morons are in charge of teaching our children? Are you ******* kidding me? If the family bows down to the school's request I may just **** my pants.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

It makes sense, considering drawing a picture of a gun is equal to shooting up a school. I am sure, eventually, they will require index fingers of children to be removed prior to starting school.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    It makes sense, considering drawing a picture of a gun is equal to shooting up a school. I am sure, eventually, they will require index fingers of children to be removed prior to starting school.
    Followed shortly by the hands.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    If you get rid of the index, then you have to get rid of the thumb, if you're going to do that, well, you better get rid of the bird! Now you're down to two...I really don't see any use in them, aside from pickething thy nose.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Why not; they've already removed their brains and power of choice. Pretty soon they'll have child-proofed children.

I think this school is about to give this kid a very nice taxpayer funded gift.

I wonder what they would have done with my friend named Richard Long who always put his name as Long, Dick. LOL.

This is my rifle this is my gun, this is for ..... nevermind, it's too late.
    Last edited by sharkey; 08-31-2012 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Undoubtedly, as it simultaneously solves the problem of silencing deaf children while eliminating fist fights.

Of course, next they'll begin combating the inevitable head butts by simply removing their skulls are their necks...

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    I think this school is about to give this kid a very nice taxpayer funded gift.
    I sincerely hope so. Sometimes, these school politicians are incapable of seeing the error of their ways until the courts bankrupt the entire school system for being idiots. Even then, a large number of them will stand around, thumbs up their backsides, and say, "what happened?"

How these idiots ever became school administrators is utterly beyond me. So that that sheepskin generation in the U.S. no longer requires a basic course in common sense.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.