• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

School makes deaf kid change his sign name - resembles gun?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
"Three-and-a-half year old Hunter Spanjer, who is deaf, signs his name by crossing his forefinger and index finger and moving his hand up and down."

They're saying his name violates the "no weapons in school" policy. O_O

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...oler-change-sign-language-name-191629255.html

--------------------------------
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?
tumblr_lxpou86eDt1qfkkv5o1_500.gif

I have lost all faith in people. These morons are in charge of teaching our children? Are you ******* kidding me? If the family bows down to the school's request I may just **** my pants.

Beretta92FSLady

It makes sense, considering drawing a picture of a gun is equal to shooting up a school. I am sure, eventually, they will require index fingers of children to be removed prior to starting school.

PistolPackingMomma

It makes sense, considering drawing a picture of a gun is equal to shooting up a school. I am sure, eventually, they will require index fingers of children to be removed prior to starting school.

Why not; they've already removed their brains and power of choice. Pretty soon they'll have child-proofed children.

sharkey

I think this school is about to give this kid a very nice taxpayer funded gift.

I wonder what they would have done with my friend named Richard Long who always put his name as Long, Dick. LOL.

This is my rifle this is my gun, this is for ..... nevermind, it's too late.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Followed shortly by the hands.

Undoubtedly, as it simultaneously solves the problem of silencing deaf children while eliminating fist fights.

Of course, next they'll begin combating the inevitable head butts by simply removing their skulls are their necks...

I think this school is about to give this kid a very nice taxpayer funded gift.

I sincerely hope so. Sometimes, these school politicians are incapable of seeing the error of their ways until the courts bankrupt the entire school system for being idiots. Even then, a large number of them will stand around, thumbs up their backsides, and say, "what happened?"

How these idiots ever became school administrators is utterly beyond me. So that that sheepskin generation in the U.S. no longer requires a basic course in common sense.