• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

louisiana man kills perp beating up cop

JohnMoses

Cops are not superhuman, and most of the time regular people are better shooters than cops.

OC for ME

Both Phares and Baton Rouge Police Chief Jeff LeDuff stopped short of crediting Stevens with saving the officer's life.
Effing jacklegs. With a attitude like that, hell yes I'd be breaking out the popcorn and a lawn chair.

OC for ME

One service weapon round to the belly, four .45 slugs to the torso, and a fifth .45 slug to the head to put the dude down. Nawww, that citizen did not actually save that cop's life, he just assisted the cop in saving his own life. I wonder what the cop thinks about the citizen and his actions? Probably will be consistent with his boss's view.....go figure. I wonder if we will ever know what the cops thinks. Another example of why LE should not be trusted even after you a citizen save one of their own.....ungrateful jacklegs.

Note to self.....do not go to Baton Rouge.

rmansu2

I live in Baton Rouge. Sorry to tell you this is an old story. However, I can confirm it as a very true story.

It started with the perp cutting into a funeral precession. The officer pulled him over to cite him. Perp was high on PCP.

Good samaritan had was treated like a perp when other officers arrived.

Story goes, perp jumped officer. Reaches for officers Glock. Officer decided to begin firing off rounds in order to empty his gun (unaimed). Glock jams.

Good Samaritan exiting Autozone where the incident is occurring, retrieves weapon and after 4 hits kills him with a point blank to the head.

He is and always be the good Samaritan in this situation.

rmansu2

I wonder what the cop thinks about the citizen.....ungrateful jacklegs.

Officer thanked this man for saving his life and explained to responding officers that he was the good guy. The officer has always said this man did everything right. They were very grateful for his presence.

I will say that all BRPD officers are not on our side as at as OC goes, but that will always be the case. BRPD brass understands outlet rights and agrees with the right to carry.

OC for ME

I live in Baton Rouge. Sorry to tell you this is an old story. However, I can confirm it as a very true story.

It started with the perp cutting into a funeral precession. The officer pulled him over to cite him. Perp was high on PCP.

Good samaritan had was treated like a perp when other officers arrived.

Story goes, perp jumped officer. Reaches for officers Glock. Officer decided to begin firing off rounds in order to empty his gun (unaimed). Glock jams.

Good Samaritan exiting Autozone where the incident is occurring, retrieves weapon and after 4 hits kills him with a point blank to the head.

He is and always be the good Samaritan in this situation.
Now I know this is a Interwebs BS story.....a Glock jammed? Now way dude, now way.....:D

OC for ME

Officer thanked this man for saving his life and explained to responding officers that he was the good guy. The officer has always said this man did everything right. They were very grateful for his presence.

I will say that all BRPD officers are not on our side as at as OC goes, but that will always be the case. BRPD brass understands outlet rights and agrees with the right to carry.
Thanks for the update.....obviously the Chief and Phares had a different perspective. I wonder what their perspective is now.

rmansu2

Thanks for the update.....obviously the Chief and Phares had a different perspective. I wonder what their perspective is now.

Sorry for all the typos. Autocorrect on my phone does some weird stuff.

I was recently detained and accosted by 4 BRPD officers for OC. After meeting some of the upper brass, they assured me it was legal, however, he felt his officers have the right to disarm someone for officer safety. We left the table with that point unresolved as I was trying to remain calm and knew that this topic would be a heated discussion. We agreed to visit this topic at a later date. To date, everyone I know with BRPD is grateful for the citizen who stepped in with the caveat that it could have been a lot worse had another officer arrived on scene during the encounter and shooting.

OC for ME

I was recently detained and accosted by 4 BRPD officers for OC. After meeting some of the upper brass, they assured me it was legal, however, he felt his officers have the right to disarm someone for officer safety. We left the table with that point unresolved as I was trying to remain calm and knew that this topic would be a heated discussion. We agreed to visit this topic at a later date. To date, everyone I know with BRPD is grateful for the citizen who stepped in with the caveat that it could have been a lot worse had another officer arrived on scene during the encounter and shooting.
Truely unfortunate that these "upper brass" feel that your rights as a LAC are secondary to some unfounded perceptions that their officers are at risk from a properly holsterd firearm.....which by the way seems to be legal in LA, or so I'm told.

Good luck and +1 to you Sir.

hermannr

This is true ONLY if the person is doing someything criminal...sounds like they need some legal training with some $$$$ coming from their pockets.

There are posts in the WA forum by a guy called sudden valley gunner that has educated the City of Bellingham PD in this manner. He settle for enough to cover the lawyer and specific training for the PD. That helps everyone.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Makes me wonder how Red Jacket Firearms can do all the crazy stuff they do on their show. They are in Baton Rouge area too.

Hhmm - - - .

I laugh when that show is on TV ... they look like amateurs with what they do. And the prices they charge are pretty high. I guess they have some folks who like their work, they are in business after all. To each their own.

Keep the Faith!

mwaterous

I laugh when that show is on TV ... they look like amateurs with what they do. And the prices they charge are pretty high. I guess they have some folks who like their work, they are in business after all. To each their own.

Wait, what? Red Jacket is a gunsmith? I saw the show... I thought it was a singles club with a slight second amendment slant.