• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitution carry poll

loganx

how to make a fair law

we all know about the laws that the government makes to force us to be safe right? like the seat belt law, and the helmet law. which protect us from ourselves and forces us to protect ourselves under consequence of penalty of law. well if that is the way they feel then perhaps they should make a new protection law that whenever you leave your home you must at minimum be open carrying one firearm, and as many more as desired open or consealed without any liscensing or permitting. and any violaters who leave the house without being armed can and will be imprisoned for a minimum of 5 years for instigating a crime. i know what you are thinking, how can not carrying be instigating, well it it like when i was in boot camp we had to keep a lock on our footlockers at all times, because if we didn't we were inviting a thief to steal our belongings and that we not the thieves were negligent. the same should apply to not carrying if you don't you are inviting someone to do you harm, and therefore you are more at fault than the one commiting the crime.

What lead? Sounds like a typical knee-jerk liberal comment. In an armed society, one is unlikely to start trouble as it could be lethally hazardous to do so. One might even want even to avoid talking trash (which usually quickly leads to physical violence anyway, doesn't it). And so it SHOULD be hazardous. Want to bully/strongarm/assault someone? Ask yourself if it's worth dying over. Nobody has any business verbally or physically assaulting/messing with anyone else. Period.

As for lefties (herds of prey animals), they'd probably move somewhere else to "greener" pastures, where they could enjoy being UNarmed -- and criminals (predators) will follow, as is the natural order of the prey/predator relationship. Good riddance to them both and I couldn't care less about either.

Everyone being armed puts everyone on an equal footing. Darwinism can take it from there to delete the unfit (trash). And since there are WAY MORE good people than bad out there, it won't be too long before the latter are almost extinct. No more "career-criminals."

If America could solve only ONE of its MAJOR problems -- CRIME (which certainly IS solvable) -- what a HUGE accomplishment that would be in so many other areas of life.

P.S. ALL shootings done by citizens would be investigated (of course!) and if NOT found to be self-defense, then the appropriate criminal charges would be made against the shooter...so I'm not talking about shooting people at the least provocation or provoking (setting-up) someone so you could act in "self-defense." Murder would still be murder and an investigation would look at the facts of the incident. I'm just saying a more "liberal approach" (!) to self-defense is in order, to put those who tend to be aggressive towards others on notice that they do so at great risk -- rather than prosecute the people they prey on (the victims) when they defend themselves -- that no longer would it be as safe to assault others as most criminals/bullies find it today. Citizens should not have to worry that the law will find SOME way to prosecute them for defending themselves. Rather, the law should focus on the criminal.

saiga12boy

i voted that every state should issue cc permits. i dont believe every one should have that right. what about alchaholics, wife beaters chils abusers.
mental patients? just because a person was born here doesnt neccesarily mean i want him in traffic next to me with a gun.

There is no point in issuing ccps to screen out the bad people because someone who murders and steals doesen't ask for a ccp. The only reasons there are a
permit system is so that you have to pay the government to carry your gun around and so that they know who has guns so when the time comes they can
confiscate them. Another reason why permits are issued is so they can feel powerful to pump up their egos.

saiga12boy

That video is pure fear mongering. Their fearful scenario has people frantically awaiting slaughter while on 911 in their own house. Correct me if I'm wrong, but under Wisconsin law and the Heller and McDonald rulings you have the right to carry a gun in your house with no permit whatsoever. It reminds me of the antis going after gun shows after VT when the guns were transferred through FFLs. Don't stoop to the antis level.

However I support the constitutional carry concept. I think anyone who's not a prohibited person should be able to carry concealed with no permit. However failing that I think shall issue permitting is a wise idea in the short term with transition to constitutional carry occurring if we can get the GFSZA amended to remove the 1000 foot zone.

The GFSZA doesen't have to be followed because it is against the 10th amendment to the United States constitution.
Gun carriers shoudn't even pay it any mind. That is if LEO's don't think that everyone carrying a gun is out to shoot them so they need to shoot.
( That doesen't go to all LEO's but in urban areas it is more likely to happen.)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
95.12% say "Yes" to Constitutional Carry
icon14.png

WalkingWolf

While the results of the poll are thrilling, remember polls usually have a predetermined outcome. This one is a no brainer, it circulates gun sites, and other places where freedom loving people exist and it only shows our bias, not a true indication of any change of the public. I doubt it has any affect in influencing the people who are responsible for changing laws, but I'll cross my fingers anyway.

Shoobee

I voted.
So far 70% are in favor of Constitutional Carry.

-MH

It is up to 95% of respondents now.

But that does not tell anyone anything.

Firearms ownership in American is a more relevant statistic.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/31/politics/gun-ownership-declining/index.html

There are more guns owned than every before, but fewer households with guns in them than ever before.

Under 40% of US households holds a gun now, according to CNN's recent survey.

So people who are growing up and graduating and becoming independent households are more pacifistic than every before, and these have outsourced their own safety to the police and sheriff departments than ever before. Immigration from non gun owning countries like India and China are also pushing these stats down, however they cannot vote until they become naturalized.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
While the results of the poll are thrilling, remember polls usually have a predetermined outcome. This one is a no brainer, it circulates gun sites, and other places where freedom loving people exist and it only shows our bias, not a true indication of any change of the public. I doubt it has any affect in influencing the people who are responsible for changing laws, but I'll cross my fingers anyway.

Undoubtedly a goodly number of the choir have voted there, but I do see it as representative of ever growing numbers, a swelling of the ranks if you will.

The states with Constitutional Carry has moved from 2 to 5 in recent times and more and more state legislatures are feeling the pressure to join the club - that is a good thing.

If nothing else, this poll keeps the fires burning, keeps people thinking.

saiga12boy

It is up to 95% of respondents now.

But that does not tell anyone anything.

Firearms ownership in American is a more relevant statistic.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/31/politics/gun-ownership-declining/index.html

There are more guns owned than every before, but fewer households with guns in them than ever before.

Under 40% of US households holds a gun now, according to CNN's recent survey.

So people who are growing up and graduating and becoming independent households are more pacifistic than every before, and these have outsourced their own safety to the police and sheriff departments than ever before. Immigration from non gun owning countries like India and China are also pushing these stats down, however they cannot vote until they become naturalized.
Don't trust CNN's statitistics and even if they're not lying a lot of people lie and say they don't have any firearms because they don't want people knowing they do.

saiga12boy

5?

Undoubtedly a goodly number of the choir have voted there, but I do see it as representative of ever growing numbers, a swelling of the ranks if you will.

The states with Constitutional Carry has moved from 2 to 5 in recent times and more and more state legislatures are feeling the pressure to join the club - that is a good thing.

5 I thought there was only 4 what's the new one?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

5 I thought there was only 4 what's the new one?

Was waiting for someone to ask that question. The ol' rangers won't do it, because they know to what I allude.

Vermont
has had Constitutional Carry since the nation's founding in 1791-- they never enacted any law banning the right to discreetly bear arms.

Alaska
enacted Constitutional Carry in 2003.

Arizona got full Constitutional Carry in 2010.

Wyoming
enacted Constitutional Carry for residents in 2011.

Montana
enacted Constitutional Carry in 1991, for all areasoutside city limits (99.4% of the state), and is working on the rest.
All right, this is not total. absolute ConCar, but it is from border to border. :p

http://www.gunlaws.com/ConstitutionalCarryIndex.htm

saiga12boy

Was waiting for someone to ask that question. The ol' rangers won't do it, because they know to what I allude.

Vermont
has had Constitutional Carry since the nation's founding in 1791-- they never enacted any law banning the right to discreetly bear arms.

Alaska

Wyoming

Montana
enacted Constitutional Carry in 1991, for all areasoutside city limits (99.4% of the state), and is working on the rest.
All right, this is not total. absolute ConCar, but it is from border to border. :p

I knew that about Montana and isn't it considering passing constitutional carry? Plus another good thing about montana is that you can carry concealed in a backpack,purse,or any other container without a permit.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I knew that about Montana and isn't it considering passing constitutional carry? Plus another good thing about montana is that you can carry concealed in a backpack,purse,or any other container without a permit.

Montana: In 2011 Governor Brian Schweitzer vetoed Constitutional Carry.
Montana did not hold a legislative session in 2012.
There are those working in Montana to see that ConCar becomes total.
http://patricksperry.wordpress.com/2012/03/17/constitutional-carry-update-republicans-are-pro-gun/

Montana and New Hampshire came very close to passing Constitutional carry in 2011
Twelve States Considering Constitutional Carry
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2855994/posts

Shoobee

Vermont

Alaska

Wyoming

Montana

Gotta love Vermont.

Now if only I could find an office job in a maple syrup factory, then I could pack up and move there.

saiga12boy

Montana: In 2011 Governor Brian Schweitzer vetoed Constitutional Carry.
Montana did not hold a legislative session in 2012.
There are those working in Montana to see that ConCar becomes total.
http://patricksperry.wordpress.com/2012/03/17/constitutional-carry-update-republicans-are-pro-gun/

Montana and New Hampshire came very close to passing Constitutional carry in 2011
Twelve States Considering Constitutional Carry
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2855994/posts

I sure woudn't vote for him.

Last edited: