Thread: Walther PPQ 9MM

Walther PPQ 9MM

Does anyone in the forum have a Walther PPQ 9MM? Heard great things about it, looking to test fire one. I wonder if any ranges have one I could rent?

Quote Originally Posted by workinhd View Post
    Does anyone in the forum have a Walther PPQ 9MM? Heard great things about it, looking to test fire one. I wonder if any ranges have one I could rent?
    You might get more response and less blowback, if you move your question to the "Selecting A Handgun" Forum.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/fo...ting-a-Handgun

Walther PPQ 9MM

I only put it here because I was interested in local experiences, as far as if anyone had ever seen one as a rental gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just bought one in .40S&W last week, and I LOVE IT! I was looking for a 9mm, but couldn't find one, didn't want to wait, so I bought the .40. No complaints whatsoever, the trigger reset is amazing as well as the ergonomics. If you feel like traveling a bit, I'll let you shoot mine all day l

Edit: As of yesterday, grabagun.com has them for $513. I paid $630 locally
    Last edited by MainelyGlock; 08-30-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Forgot something!
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Walther PPQ 9MM

Thanks for the info, the wife just may use one of these guys on me if I keep looking a buying new ones. A few months ago I had never shot a gun, much less owned one. Since then I have picked up a Ruger SR22 and most recently a Walther PK380. The 380 ammo is expensive, so I was looking for a good 3-4 inch barrel 9 mm. I like the smaller capacity 9 mms. Heard the PPQ was great, wondering if there are any good cheap 9s that are not sub compacts.

Welcome to the forum, also!

PK380 isn't a bad gun, but do yourself a favor and stay away from the P22. At least until it improves.

All I can offer for 9mm advice is 1) Glock 17/19 [used] 2) Stay away from anything called "Hi-Point" 3) Try as many as possible, even if that means just holding the gun and looking down the sights
    Last edited by MainelyGlock; 08-30-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Once more into the fray.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Walther PPQ 9MM

I think the Ruger SR22 is just about the best 22 out there in that style. I like the 380 and seem to shoot it better then the 22, just can't afford that ammo. I only shoot a clip or 2 a week then switch over to the Ruger for cheap shooting the rest of the day.

Thought process was maybe sell the 380 and get a 9mm, and shoot it more. Maybe I can convince the wife it will pay for itself over time.

Quote Originally Posted by MainelyGlock View Post
    Welcome to the forum, also!

PK380 isn't a bad gun, but do yourself a favor and stay away from the P22. At least until it improves.

All I can offer for 9mm advice is 1) Glock 17/19 [used] 2) Stay away from anything called "Hi-Point" 3) Try as many as possible, even if that means just holding the gun and looking down the sights

dude, hi points are reliable, low cost guns. i have three of them and shoot them more than my M&P pr my px4.. accurate too!

Quote Originally Posted by chris829 View Post
    dude, hi points are reliable, low cost guns. i have three of them and shoot them more than my M&P pr my px4.. accurate too!
    Glad you think so. Some are, some aren't. It seems to be hit or miss with them, and that comes from personal experience. My CF380 worked perfectly, but the JHP .45 I had sucked horribly. If you have one that functions perfectly, good for you! They certainly make a good backup gun, and definitely have a nice price tag.
    Once more into the fray.

Raymond Chandler